KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Alright, now I'm betting Eddie "the wizard" Lampert can keep the Sears Holdings ship afloat at least until after the holidays :). Here's the story:

My car's tires are worn out, and as of last week one of my tires is slowly deflating. Dealership quoted me $700 for 4 Michelin Premier A/S tires. Went to my closing Sears Auto Center and got exactly the same tire for $75/piece, making an even $300 and hence qualifying me for the $300 cashback ($25 next day, then $25 each month on the 15th of the month). Purchased using a Sears GC which I bought at Meijer with $30 back in Meijer rewards as per their current promo (those will be used for LEGO :) ) So 60% off tires, plus extra points to boot.

As my wife wanted a new TV, I then went over to KMart and purchased a Samsung 55" UN55NU7100 4k UHD tv for in-store pickup. $600, marked down in cart to $550. Went over to Sears, took a $35 off $300+ coupon (which said it excluded TVs), applied it at KMart, and it worked. So down to $522 in total. Grabbed a bunch of 4% off Raise giftcards (using RAISE1 to get the extra 1%) and purchased the TV for $500 after tax (Amazon price is $550 before tax). Qualified for the $75 points back ($25 next day, 2 future installments of $25), got extra points back somehow for a total of $115 back in points.

Let's see how many of those points will credit before the program stops or SHC files for bankrupcy. One thing's for sure - I'm cashing them out as soon as they post :)

Think I did OK :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

Link?

45 minutes ago, stuco191 said:

SYW spend $75 on toys get $75 back (3 installments)

kmart.com (are they still an affiliate?)  just added this to the $400 back on $400+ in appliances.  $180 in legos for $80 with tax, +$75 back (after freecash and initial $75 back from the dishwasher).  anyone know if this is $25 per month or 2 weeks? point say they last 14 days.  here i was thinking SYW was burnt out.

lets hope eddie can keep bailing and keep this ship afloat long enough to burn through these.  

Edited by jay4e

12 minutes ago, jay4e said:

kmart.com (are they still an affiliate?)  just added this to the $400 back on $400+ in appliances.  $180 in legos for $80 with tax, +$75 back (after freecash and initial $75 back from the dishwasher).  anyone know if this is $25 per month or 2 weeks? point say they last 14 days.  here i was thinking SYW was burnt out.

lets hope eddie can keep bailing and keep this ship afloat long enough to burn through these.  

Was looking for coupons, didn’t check main site

Before any of you go too deep on this promo, read the below from SD (posted Friday). I am cashing in my $25 which credits tomorrow (last installment from a $50 back on $50+), am crossing my fingers I get to enjoy the $25 that gets credited on the 15th, and have all but given up on the installments that are supposed to hit Oct 30 onwards. The $75 back on $75 should give you at least $25 back (the first installment), but future payments will likely be in November and later, and are very unlikely to materialize. Be warned.

Post from SD:
WARNING!

After stock trading closed today, Sears disclosed it must show lenders and creditors it has the ability to make a payment to cover its $134 million debt repayment due Oct. 15. The deadline is Monday to produce documentation, which is increasingly unlikely to happen. Once past that deadline, Sears credit and business rating score is likely to plummet, triggering adversity clauses in supplier contracts. Lenders will also likely begin preparing paperwork declaring default which will be ready to file on Oct. 16, but Sears would likely declare bankruptcy as early as the 16th to protect assets.

This is why the share price is crashing. If Eddie can't do his deal in the next three days, collapse is imminent. He may still pull something off at the last minute, but this is the biggest scare for Sears ever, as evident by the stock price. A filing will zero out all points and future points and possibly lock out gift card usage. Plan for the possibility accordingly.

• Like 2

2x elves goblin king dragon 41183 

2x captain America jet 76076

Yesterday at local Kmart. they were full price ($100 + tax), but with coupon and some points I brought price down to $50 plus tax and earned $25 back. 

D44C7177-391F-4882-99DD-55AC9CE7C1A3.thumb.jpeg.d143a2e7b6fe335808289464217f7d83.jpeg

After last $75 back on $75 promo I noticed that my first $25 didn’t show up. Called them And found out that I only spent $72 (daaaaamn!) but I was told I’ll get the $-back anyway (first $25 already came) so that was a positive experience :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cashed out again today. $26 in points. If they go belly up before Monday I stand to lose $16 in points, as I learned this past Monday that points from a voided transaction (didn't trigger the cashback I expected) now take 7-10 days to credit back to your account. Still can't complain given that Sears/Kmart has sold me $12k in LEGO for $1.2k out of pocket over the past 2 years. Curious to see what happens tomorrow.....

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Cashed out again today. $26 in points. If they go belly up before Monday I stand to lose $16 in points, as I learned this past Monday that points from a voided transaction (didn't trigger the cashback I expected) now take 7-10 days to credit back to your account. Still can't complain given that Sears/Kmart has sold me $12k in LEGO for $1.2k out of pocket over the past 2 years. Curious to see what happens tomorrow.....

How you get $12k in lego for $1.2k out of pocket? When I use the points to redeem lego purchases, I don't gain future points.

Did you mean just regular clearance? 

How you get $12k in lego for $1.2k out of pocket? When I use the points to redeem lego purchases, I don't gain future points.
Did you mean just regular clearance? 
Combination of playing Sweeps, using cashback coupons and offers, crazy promotions (anyone remember the Fount app?), bonus wins and of course clearance finds. I never used my points on items that were not already discounted by at least 20%.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TacoCat said:

My local Sears has some sets for sale with TRU style pricing. Might be worth a look if you have some points to burn and no kmart nearby.

20181025_173320.jpg

20181025_173333.jpg

Adding a datapoint: mine does as well, in Virginia. Similarly, it's all new stuff and generally a buck or two over MSRP. We've had Kmarts close so I'm wondering if they just moved the inventory over - but some of it's newer than the closure so perhaps they're emptying the fulfillment warehouses (for online Kmart orders) for Christmas.

My installment points are showing "EXPIRED POINTS" but the date on top of those words are Nov 14, 2018 and Dec 14, 2018. Is this normal? 

123.thumb.png.e961d12c08852a592fe6a9e32099ea59.png

Yes. Every future credit of points generates 3 entries in that overview: 1x"Pending" on the date of the purchase, 1 entry when the points become active (e.g. Nov 1) and 1 "Expired Points" entry on the date when the points expire (typically 14 days after activation, so Nov 14 in our example).

BTW: not the right time to sit on 150K points - Sears/KMart can go under as early as this coming Friday.

13 hours ago, Phil B said:

Yes. Every future credit of points generates 3 entries in that overview: 1x"Pending" on the date of the purchase, 1 entry when the points become active (e.g. Nov 1) and 1 "Expired Points" entry on the date when the points expire (typically 14 days after activation, so Nov 14 in our example).

BTW: not the right time to sit on 150K points - Sears/KMart can go under as early as this coming Friday.

what is taking place this friday?

6 hours ago, river41 said:

what is taking place this friday?

SHLD burned through most of its financing already, and on Friday Eddie Lampert needs to commit to his part of the initial bankruptcy financing. Of course he is trying to make his money first in line to get recovered in case of a collapse, which might not get approved, in which case the Chapter 11 BK could turn quickly into a Chapter 7, and the show is over within weeks.