KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Got my last order 3 days ago after sending it back twice as "damaged during shipment". Yes, I gambled.. But I ended up getting my minty sets in the nick of time in the end...

I'll miss syw and the free merch. I miss Sears circa 1986... I wont miss the current Sears or Kmart. ta ta!

Edited by KvHulk

18 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm starting to think I might see that last installment of $25 in points due May 15th, 2019 hit my account :) There won't be anything to buy though, as no vendor is supplying KMart anymore .... tried to buy Smart Sense Canola Oil yesterday, no longer on the shelves .... it's their own private label for Pete's sake ....

21 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm starting to think I might see that last installment of $25 in points due May 15th, 2019 hit my account :) There won't be anything to buy though, as no vendor is supplying KMart anymore .... tried to buy Smart Sense Canola Oil yesterday, no longer on the shelves .... it's their own private label for Pete's sake ....

Smart Sense styrofoam coffee cups are the best, I'll hate it when I run out.

Funny Kmart story...

I was in Big Bear this weekend, and passed a Kmart.  I had no idea they had one.  I got excited.  Figured there's gotta be good stuff there, and it would probably be shutting down soon.

Ran through the store, and nothing.  Nothing on clearance.  Nothing good to pick up.

Got back to the car and discovered that the Big Bear store is one of the most profitable in the entire chain.  (Makes sense - there's no Walmart or Target easy to get to).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Funny Kmart story...

I was in Big Bear this weekend, and passed a Kmart.  I had no idea they had one.  I got excited.  Figured there's gotta be good stuff there, and it would probably be shutting down soon.

Ran through the store, and nothing.  Nothing on clearance.  Nothing good to pick up.

Got back to the car and discovered that the Big Bear store is one of the most profitable in the entire chain.  (Makes sense - there's no Walmart or Target easy to get to).

My 2 KMarts have nothing on sale either, and since clearance dropped to 70% all the remaining LEGO sets (TLBM Clayface, Constractibles) have been scooped up as well. Luckily KMart.com has a number of sets at 40% off, some of which are still on the shelves in my store (albeit at RRP or RRP+5%), so I just do pickup in store to get the online price.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Funny Kmart story...

Sorry, I may have facilitated the looting of the Bishop CA store already ?

Believe it or not, they typically have good deals, gotten a decent score or two from them before.

• Haha 1

The Kmart near me must be fairly stable.  I have yet to see anything of substance go on sale there.  But they're not getting any new LEGO stock.  I know because I've been spending my pts in store and I'm pretty sure I'm like one or two people who have been buying from them... lol.  Every month, the same sets are located in the same spots.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Phil B said:

My last two bigger winnings ($5 Sweeps Weekly and a $3 bonus spin) have not credited to my account. Sent an email to [email protected] but that seems to be a black hole ([email protected] told me to send it there). Anyone else still playing Sweeps and noticing the same?

I uninstalled Win It and haven't played in 6 months or so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

My last two bigger winnings ($5 Sweeps Weekly and a $3 bonus spin) have not credited to my account. Sent an email to sweeps@syw.com but that seems to be a black hole (info@syw.com told me to send it there). Anyone else still playing Sweeps and noticing the same?

Yeah, I had the same with this weeks sweeps weekly, still not seeing it so I guess it's over, or whatever :) Fun while it lasted, probably time to uninstall WinIt, haven't won more than 5 cents in about a month. Truly the end of an era.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, chrisynd said:

Anyone else notice there doesn't seem to be anymore $10/100, $20/150, $5/50 coupons available? Seems like it's been a week since RME and other coupon sites could provide them... Even the classic SEARS5OFF50 is toast.

they're starting up freecash offers again so I think it's to compensate. Check your account, I got $15/30, $60/500, $10/100 and $5/30 

• 1 month later...

19 hours ago, MinifigW said:

extra 40% off toy clearance in store this week. picked up a bunch of friends sets for 70% off after points

Saw this and thought; "maybe I should swing by the local Kmart"

I won't ever get those 15 minutes of my life back.  ☹️

Lego set prices that I can swear seems ABOVE RRP, sets on shelves only 1 row deep? , almost every medium size box and larger w/ Anti-theft...workers w/ the look of someone yearning to work at Walmart...someday

• Like 1

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Saw this and thought; "maybe I should swing by the local Kmart"

I won't ever get those 15 minutes of my life back.  ☹️

Lego set prices that I can swear seems ABOVE RRP, sets on shelves only 1 row deep? , almost every medium size box and larger w/ Anti-theft...workers w/ the look of someone yearning to work at Walmart...someday

KMart is the life, you should absorb it all and dream of days of popcorn and Bahama Mama's.

• Like 3