KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

This is scary...I currently have $50 in points and i was waiting for my other $25 to be added on 12/2 so I can make a $75 purchase and get free shipping.

Now this has me thinking maybe I should use the $50 before I lose them !!!

Ever since they filed for bankruptcy protection the threat of their point system disappearing has been very real. But I expect that to happen on or shortly after a court hearing date - the next one is not until 12/15 since they just secured another emergency loan. Net, I think you will be fine waiting until 12/2, but no guarantees of course.

Edit: what this DOES mean though is that there will be no more support for missing points, point returns and other items that you'd typically use the SYW support call center for. So consider everything Final Sale, and shop in your local KMart/Sears if at all possible.

I'm already mostly done with Kmart...

The points just dont come in fast enough anymore and the new free shipping limit is terrible, and I refuse to give Kmart/Sears any more money to take advantage of any point back offers.

My wife's account has $11 on it and I'm just letting it expire. My account will be able to make one last purchase and then I'm out.

3 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

The points just dont come in fast enough anymore and the new free shipping limit is terrible, and I refuse to give Kmart/Sears any more money to take advantage of any point back offers.

My wife's account has $11 on it and I'm just letting it expire. My account will be able to make one last purchase and then I'm out.

I'm pretty much done too.

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

Agreed. And when they do ship you something (I took the bait on the recent 100% back in points promo and burned the last of my points in the process) they don't seem to have any boxes left, so what you get is smashed and battered. One of my mid size sets was so crushed it was split open down the middle of the box... I have $25 points hitting on 12/2 as well and hope that my closing Kmart has a few things left to use everything on...

I'll miss the SYW magic and dirt cheap LEGO, but after the dismal quality packaging the past few months, eh...

On 11/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, Phil B said:
On 11/15/2018 at 4:51 PM, KvHulk said:
"Use your points" I feel like i hear that in my sleep.

I'm banking and using as normal. syw/kmart/sears will be around another 11 days at least. More than enough time for another round of plundering.

I have been eliminating my earned and cash back points on a weekly basis for the last 6 weeks now. Typically between 20 and $40 every week. Works great for me.

Been doing the exact same thing.  As soon as the pts become avail, I spend them.  I kind of feel bad as I'm using the pts and spending maybe $5 for sets.  

Been doing the exact same thing.  As soon as the pts become avail, I spend them.  I kind of feel bad as I'm using the pts and spending maybe $5 for sets.  
That's about $5 more than I have been spending on my average KMart purchase over the last 2 years, so dont feel too bad ....
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Agreed. And when they do ship you something (I took the bait on the recent 100% back in points promo and burned the last of my points in the process) they don't seem to have any boxes left, so what you get is smashed and battered. One of my mid size sets was so crushed it was split open down the middle of the box... I have $25 points hitting on 12/2 as well and hope that my closing Kmart has a few things left to use everything on...

I'll miss the SYW magic and dirt cheap LEGO, but after the dismal quality packaging the past few months, eh...

I had the exact same thing happen.  They tapped two boxes together to ship my set in and one of them split on the seem.  I thought then, "What, they don't have money to buy proper boxes?"  I guess not...

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleck said:

This is scary...I currently have $50 in points and i was waiting for my other $25 to be added on 12/2 so I can make a $75 purchase and get free shipping.

Now this has me thinking maybe I should use the $50 before I lose them !!!

I just paid for shipping.  It was like $6 and a lot less anxiety.  

Another Roll-the-Dice offer:

Choose Store Pickup & Get $10 CASHBACK In Points

Expires Dec 11, 2018

Exclusions Apply:

Offer not valid with any other offer. $10+ purchase required. Product must be available for purchase online and marked as available for in store pickup. Purchase requirement before taxes and after other discounts and must be made in a single transaction. By accepting Shop Your Way® member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Extra points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any base points earned on qualifying purchases. When extra point offers are combined, total points earned will be less than the combined point totals for each individual offer. Points expire after 48 hours. Limit one use per member.

Not sure if the "$10+ purchase required" means you need to pay at least $10 OOP - likely true but I will figure out once my next $25 increment posts this Sunday. Interesting part is "Points expire after 48 hours". Sounds like a deal where you pick up the item, wait 2 minutes to see that the points credit, go back into the store and grab a $10 item for free ....

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Another Roll-the-Dice offer:

Choose Store Pickup & Get $10 CASHBACK In Points

Expires Dec 11, 2018

Exclusions Apply:

Offer not valid with any other offer. $10+ purchase required. Product must be available for purchase online and marked as available for in store pickup. Purchase requirement before taxes and after other discounts and must be made in a single transaction. By accepting Shop Your Way® member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Extra points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any base points earned on qualifying purchases. When extra point offers are combined, total points earned will be less than the combined point totals for each individual offer. Points expire after 48 hours. Limit one use per member.

Not sure if the "$10+ purchase required" means you need to pay at least $10 OOP - likely true but I will figure out once my next $25 increment posts this Sunday. Interesting part is "Points expire after 48 hours". Sounds like a deal where you pick up the item, wait 2 minutes to see that the points credit, go back into the store and grab a $10 item for free ....

Any idea if it’s more than once per account? 

• 4 weeks later...
There’s an in store $5 off $15 valid “tomorrow” coupon printing with KMart in-store purchase, even if you’ve been kicked out of the coupon printing circle like myself.
Next offer is a $5 off $10 coupon valid "tomorrow" and expiring 3 days later, in store only.

Hmmm..... I wonder if i will get to use my $33.33 in points that I am supposed to get on Jan 14 ???   LOL  and the $33.33 in points I am supposed to get on Feb. 13 ???

Those were the last 2 I had left from the Buy $200 in stuff and get $200 back in points over a 6 month period.  Good-bye free Lego....we had a great run...didn't we ?

• Like 1