KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Saw this and thought; "maybe I should swing by the local Kmart"

I won't ever get those 15 minutes of my life back.  ☹️

Lego set prices that I can swear seems ABOVE RRP, sets on shelves only 1 row deep? , almost every medium size box and larger w/ Anti-theft...workers w/ the look of someone yearning to work at Walmart...someday

atleast you have a Kmart near by ... not sure if that is good or bad though upon second thought 

KMart is the life, you should absorb it all and dream of days of popcorn and Bahama Mama's.
There's still a little more room on the Kmart gravy train if your store cooperates. I hit 2- 1 local and one a 2 hour drive on an RA road trip. The 10 back on 50 promo ran after the posted date and the cashier also told me it was going past the 3x max. I got 1.5 carts full and went to the 2nd store a few days later and used the $10's to get another cart full. WATCH THE EXPIRATION DATES. Coupons got reduced to 3 days, and only 7 days to spend points. I ended up with lots of small friends and princess sets that are already selling above RRP for just shy of a 50% discount.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

11 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Nice find.  The kmarts around me are still marking their LEGO sets above RRP.  Or their "clearance sets" which are priced $.99 below RRP.  And yet, even at these prices, LEGO keeps disappearing.  

KMart almost ways prices above RRP. Most egregious example is Emma's Art Stand, which has a $19.99 MSRP but KMart prices it at $32.99. For most other sets it's typically just a dollar higher (e.g. $10.99 instead of $9.99, or $15.99 instead of $14.99). 

It is very clear that TLG is no longer supplying KMart with sets - shelves in my locals are filled single depth with only a few different sets. I am still getting my weekly free LEGO, but choices are very limited. Luckily a few weeks ago both my KMarts got restocked with clearance sets, and I managed to pick up some 10762 Belle's Story Time. Otherwise it is just the bread&butter small Friends sets with $9.99 and $14.99 MSRPs that are good money makers on FBA as they easily sell for $20-$30 there.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Clearance is now 50% off online, and there is a 20% CASHBACK in points promo running from 6/2 to 6/16 for online orders only. Unless you can do pick-up in store, free shipping is $59+, and stock levels ain't great.

Was hoping to pickup some of these but disappointment set in when all the discounted sets are unavailable for pickup or shipping.   Just my luck as always.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:39 AM, Phil B said:

KMart almost ways prices above RRP. Most egregious example is Emma's Art Stand, which has a $19.99 MSRP but KMart prices it at $32.99. For most other sets it's typically just a dollar higher (e.g. $10.99 instead of $9.99, or $15.99 instead of $14.99). 

It is very clear that TLG is no longer supplying KMart with sets - shelves in my locals are filled single depth with only a few different sets. I am still getting my weekly free LEGO, but choices are very limited. Luckily a few weeks ago both my KMarts got restocked with clearance sets, and I managed to pick up some 10762 Belle's Story Time. Otherwise it is just the bread&butter small Friends sets with $9.99 and $14.99 MSRPs that are good money makers on FBA as they easily sell for $20-$30 there.

Talked to a store manager yesterday, he said that the new sears is still reestablishing vendor relationships but that LEGO is a priority. He said he expects shipments to resume in the coming month or two. 

As for clearance, my store had a decent amount remaining. Ended up with $560 RRP of friends sets for $180 after SYW redemptions and a $100 discover card rebate I had saved. 

15 hours ago, FM said:

Both store I went to basically had just friends and elves sets on clearance. All other sets we're not, even though there were some oldies like the 60107 fire engine. Is friends/elves the norm this round?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Yeah it seems to be a mostly "girls" LEGO clearance wave. The only other sets I've seen are a few Brickheadz for $5 and a $50 batman set for $26

• 1 month later...

Sears is still at it. Received a txt saying there was a Freecash offer waiting for me. Opened up the link and got a $25 on $25+ Online and In Store FC coupon (Sears only). Luckily I still have a Sears (20 mile drive from my house though) and they have exactly 1 LEGO set still in stock (41156 Rapunzel's Bedroom), so got myself that one with a $6 T-shirt for my son for $0.63 out of pocket (ordered online for in-store pickup, which was ready in under 2 hours to my surprise).

You might want to check yours ...

8 hours ago, Phil B said:

Sears is still at it. Received a txt saying there was a Freecash offer waiting for me. Opened up the link and got a $25 on $25+ Online and In Store FC coupon (Sears only). Luckily I still have a Sears (20 mile drive from my house though) and they have exactly 1 LEGO set still in stock (41156 Rapunzel's Bedroom), so got myself that one with a $6 T-shirt for my son for $0.63 out of pocket (ordered online for in-store pickup, which was ready in under 2 hours to my surprise).

You might want to check yours ...

shhhh, you didn't hear it from me, but sears will price match kohl's and a few other retailers in store, my locations have a decent LEGO section so I've been working them hard over the past month. Kohl's 30% off sales, plus FREECASH, DGC, and regular points have made for dirt cheap thor's weapons quest, rapunzel's bedrooms, clone trooper battle packs, and others

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Believe it or not, Kmart.com still exists in 2020. They are down to ~60 different LEGO sets in stock. I received an email today giving me $15 on a $100 purchase, plus there is a $10 back on $40 promo. Some sets have long since retired. Minecraft 21136 Ocean Monument is going for close to $200 FBA right now, and can be had for ~$110 after shipping, tax and freecash (before any points you might have), with $11 back in points. Not a lot of margin yet, but if you have more points to burn this might be of interest.

No guarantees on the condition of the set once it arrives - haven't ordered from them in almost a year (since they closed all their stores in a 100 mile radius from me).

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Well. The end is here. The last Kmart in CA is closing its doors, and my local honeyhole of the last 6 years finally closed up shop a few months back. It was a good run Kmart, I'll always remember fondly the thousands of dollars of free LEGO you bequeathed me. 

Dude, where do you live! I don’t even think even @exciter1has one left, which may or may not have contributed to a shortage in wedding venues in that area . 

• Haha 3