Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

shouldn't be, its basically just a preview weekend where they give double points and the promo.  Was the same last year as well on the weekend preceding the BF/CM sale.

1) I'm relatively sure that during the "U.S. BF preview" weekend in 2015 there were sets on sale already specifically for these 2 days, sale set offers on the following BF/CM event were slightly different

2) " November 19-20: VIPs get double points and early access to "Brick" Friday offers!" (U.S. Store Calendar) -> so those "offers" seems to be just the Snowglobe this year, I would have expected a little bit more; on LEGO EU btw there is NOTHING going on preview-wise, although they had offers in 2015 and 2014. This marks a scaled-down "BF preview" in both markets 2016. Wonder why...

9 hours ago, themaninblack2 said:

Sorry for all the noob questions.. I placed an order yesterday and i got an email saying shipped, when do I get the vip points added to my account?

You receive points when the payment is processed, which only happens when the item is shipped. Per the terms and conditions (https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Terms), it may take up to 24hours until you actually receive the points. Feel free to send TLG an e-mail if you don't get your points. Their support is very good.

Additional 20% off Amazon Warehouse Deals Black Friday
Receive an additional 20% off items in this link. No code needed. Discount applied at checkout.

BAM has some codes too, but I'm not sure if LEGO will be excluded.  $10 off $50 (BLKFRD10), $20 off $100 (BLKFRD20), $50 off $200 (BLKFRD50)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Meh. 

Thanks for posting, of course...

Most of that stuff has been available for a long time at more than 20%. Doorbusters will be gone in a wink. 

Agreed.  First, yes, thank you for posting @ravenb99.

That's a disappointing list.  Plenty of those items have been available at greater than 20% off.  Even the doorbusters have been available at prices close to that previously.

Well, more to spend elsewhere.

Guest TabbyBoy

Damp squib apart from Doctor Who & White House 50% doorbusters. No VW Camper at 20%? Of course, the best deals won't be in stock unless you set your alarm very early. Also, buying limits will be very low.

Edited by TabbyBoy

1 minute ago, Jivepicnic said:

I walked into my local GameStop for the first time ever today. I asked the guy if they had any Dimensions Green Arrow polybags. He said that he had some in the back. He went and got one for me and just handed it to me without requiring that I purchase anything. Score!

Nice! I just stopped by my local Gamestop with no luck. Was told that I had to wait until Thursday to get one. I asked about the NES mini's. The assistant manager said that he was still unpacking stock in the back. Call back about 5 to see if he had any. I'm pretty sure that he would know already if he had any NES mini's. Maybe I'll have luck with the Green Arrow late Friday or Saturday. I'm not visiting Gamestop Thursday evening for one. 

I dont understand why is somebody disappointed... On which planet do you live? Somebody expected 40 % off from all exclusives? Last year was 5% discount on black friday - really nothing, since it is same as VIP double points. So everything above this is nice. If you buy something with 20 % discount, you get another 4% on points, and nice bonus set (which can be sold for some bucks)....