Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

6 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Do you really think it will be that in-demand?  There are probably 8 or 9 Gamestops within 25 minutes of me.  I assumed there wouldn't be an issue even if I struck out at one of them.  My priority that morning will be Lego Store...

My Black Friday shopping at S@H!

Image result for black friday computer angry

• Like 7

For me, it's just the case that I really want Green Arrow and Supergirl and I don't want to pay more than $10 each. I've got a ton of GameStops as well. I just want to guarantee getting one.

But, when I think about getting up that early and then think about picking it up for $20 and saving myself the early rise - it's tempting to stay home.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

My Black Friday shopping at LEGO Shop at Home!

Yup LEGO Shop at Home black Friday is typically lackluster to say the least. It will be interesting to see what they drum up this year given the massive amount of discounts across numerous online retailers including "exclusives". (whatever that term means)

From what I remember last year, the best deals were in store. I'll be even further away from my closest LEGO store during thanksgiving so no chance for me to take advantage of those deals.

14 hours ago, Phil B said:

Given that these have already been sold for $99 at the LEGO Store in DisneyLand/World, maybe we'll see Temple of Airjitzu make a BF appearance again, this time at 50% off? Last year it was a "Buy ToA and get Ronin R.E.X. for free" offer, so this might be not too far fetched ...... ?

If they do this I am in.

From Target.com

Our 10 Days of Deals starts off strong with 30% off Toy purchases so your audience can save big on shopping for the little ones on their list. To make sure everyone is covered, we are also offering 30% off Clothing, Shoes and Accessories on 11/25. Additionally, all those holiday fanatics will love save $50 when they spend $100 on Holiday Décor & Trees available on 11/26. 

Day 1: 30% off Toy purchase SATURDAY ONLY with promo code PLAY. Valid 11/19

Day 2: 10% off Electronics & Entertainment SUNDAY ONLY with promo code TECH. Valid 11/20

Day 3: 20% off Kitchen purchase MONDAY ONLY. Valid 11/21

Day 4: 25% off Beauty TUESDAY ONLY with promo code BEAUTY. Valid 11/22

Day 5: BOGO Pizza WEDNESDAY ONLY. Valid 11/23

Day 6: Doorbusters on Electronics & more. Valid 11/24

Day 7: 30% off Clothing, Shoes and Accessories. Valid 11/25

Day 8: Holiday Décor & Trees Spend $100, Save $50 SATURDAY ONLY. Valid 11/26

Day 9: Coming soon! Watch your inbox for the big reveal.

Day 10: Coming soon! Watch your inbox for the big reveal.

• Like 1

Just an FYI on that 30% off at Target:

Text PLAY to TARGET (827438) for coupon on your smartphone. Offer valid at Target or Target.com; Promo code: PLAY
Coupon valid only on Saturday, November 19. Excludes LEGO, Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard game and hoverboards.

You may get it to sneak by early enough in the day....

I will be up early, standing in line, to get the Green Arrow polybag for the Lego Dimension collection I have been building up. I will have someone come with me that morning to pick up a second polybag and to share in my misery. There are a number of Gamestops in the area and do not see this as an issue being able to acquire.  I purchased the Supergirl bundle when Toys r Us had it on sale $30 off regular price.  I was also able to get the $25 GC at the time and TRUTH that day. 

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm thinking about skipping this year.  Soooo many brick boxes out there right now, large ones too.

I skipped last year. Many on here use CL as a means to move these when other sales avenues, Ebay & Amz are too saturated. I don't have that luxury.

7 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

There are, but these are really easy and quick sellers in my local CL area. Worst case scenario is a quick flip for $20/each profit with minimal work. Scatter in a few ebay sales and it can be a ~$1,000 venture, which is good for a small dude like me. 

I sold all of mine on Amazon last year, but I'm not sure how they'll weather the storm on there this year.

On 11/10/2016 at 11:41 PM, exciter1 said:

Adding set names:

21006 - Architecture: White House - $24.98
41063 - Princess: Ariel Undersea Palace - $27.48
21304 - IDEAS: Dr. Who - $29.98
41122 - Friends: Adventure Camp Treehouse - $39.98
41176 - Elves: The Secret Market Place - $29.98
76049 - SH: Avenjet Space Mission - 29.98
10826 - Duplo: Miles' Stellosphere Hangar - $17.48
60047 - City: Police Station - $49.98

I wish that I were near a LEGO store. Would love to buy a few of the Doctor Who sets for $30. Just noticed that at LEGO shop at home it appears as "limited exceeded"? What is that?

2 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Yes, limit exceeded, in my account too, I could understand if I previously bought dr. Who from LEGO Shop at Home but I think I only bought from lego store so do they track it "like that" now...

I'm really curious about it. I've only bought 3-4 max and it was one the set was first released. I've viewed it so many times since then and "limit exceeded" never appeared before. I'm not used to that status. I did purchase them online (don't have a store nearby). Could it be because of upcoming Black Friday deals? Holding back stock until then? That wouldn't make any sense at all. Surely they would prefer to sell at full price now. I hope they aren't monitoring purchases this closely now and limiting purchases. Maybe its a mistake?

2 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

it just shows that after you add them to your cart from that page.  It still puts them in your cart.

Does it on all the sets now if you ad limit put them up in cart then says limit exceeded on the item page.

Geez. I do feel silly. Thanks. There are indeed two in my cart from when I was browsing earlier in the week. Thanks!

• Like 1