Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

2 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I dont understand why is somebody disappointed... On which planet do you live? Somebody expected 40 % off from all exclusives? Last year was 5% discount on black friday - really nothing, since it is same as VIP double points. So everything above this is nice. If you buy something with 20 % discount, you get another 4% on points, and nice bonus set (which can be sold for some bucks)....

I think we've all become spoiled with the discounts that we've seen posted here as well as stories that many people on this board receiving absurd discounts or deals.  It's an additive effect. I for one welcome our new wallet-destroying LEGO overlords....within reason of course.

Just now, biking_tiger said:

I'm just a grumpy old scrooge. Where's my half-price SSD?

These times are over. TLG has great sale numbers also without discounts.

Plus, you in USA has PLENTY discounts throghout the year. Here in middle Europe I am happy to catch some exclusives with 20% off with damaged boxes...  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, doejaster said:

Thanks for posting, Raven.

Any clue if the non-doorbusters will be available online? Nothing outstanding, but I do want a snow globe :)

yes should be the online deals minus the doorbusters.   A lot of the stuff isn't even in stores.

There are some other minor stuff like keychains, accessories and stuff but just did the sets and stuff that would be of most interest.

Some decent stuff with the Globe factored in.  Some that should be good holiday flips in fact with low stocks already and limited availability.

The doorbuster stock might surprise you compared to past years too.  I know some stores are sitting on pretty high numbers of some of the sets.   All the recent 40-50% online sales are taking a toll on store sales so you can expect to see better selections.

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So there´s the retirement list then. ToA might be gone, it was in my prediction list!!!

someone is paying attention...

• Like 4

Just now, fantomas007 said:

These times are over. TLG has great sale numbers also without discounts.

Plus, you in USA has PLENTY discounts throghout the year. Here in middle Europe I am happy to catch some exclusives with 20% off with damaged boxes...  

Sorry, I don't really expect a half-price SSD... that part was sarcasm. 

But most of the stuff on that list--as Alpine stated--has been available for an extended time at those discounts or even greater. Once the exclusive discount ban has been lifted, I can't find much reason to shop at LEGO Shop at Home anymore, snow globe or no. Maybe I'm just feeling sated with all the deals of late--or cautious with the turbulent Lego waters. 

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

That reminds me, how is eMAZErs these days? He's been quiet since the 10188 rehash.

To be fair to Mr E, he's been right more time he's been wrong, and he is probably  one of the few people on this site who isn't afraid to tell others what he is genuinely buying / why / give out tips.

No one could of guessed lego would have rehashed death star. If it didn't and it retired no doubt price would of went up.

It's alot easy for people to look back and say "what an idiot emazers is" or "can't wait to see how emazers is after buying 50 deathstars etc" but he's got the guts to go in deep, no guts no glory.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mhd747 said:

To be fair to Mr E, he's been right more time he's been wrong, and he is probably  one of the few people on this site who isn't afraid to tell others what he is genuinely buying / why / give out tips.

No one could of guessed lego would have rehashed death star. If it didn't and it retired no doubt price would of went up.

It's alot easy for people to look back and say "what an idiot emazers is" or "can't wait to see how emazers is after buying 50 deathstars etc" but he's got the guts to go in deep, no guts no glory.

TBF he is probably able to make a profit as he said he got most at a decent discount.

Just now, Kenxxx said:

Along those same lines... any idea when Walmart's Creative Tower goes live online at $30? When was it last year? .... Thanksgiving? ... BlakFri? ... anyone remember?

I think it'll be midnight on Thanksgiving Day. For those of in EST, less than 7 hours.

Just now, Kenxxx said:

Along those same lines... any idea when Walmart's Creative Tower goes live online at $30? When was it last year? .... Thanksgiving? ... BlakFri? ... anyone remember?

I remember getting yelled at 2 years in a row at lunchtime on Thanksgiving.  Something about ordering while out with family.

• Like 8

I'll definitely be heading to the Lego store on Black Friday morning. If I'm gonna get a good sale price it might as well be doorbuster since LEGO Shop at Home site sometimes has a way of crashing at 12:01 AM and then coming back 3 hours later with everything already sold out.

Now I just have to decide what to do with the $200 I have in VIP points. I have always wanted ToA so I'm keeping my eye on that but I also want to get 2 snowglobes so I want to try to make that work with the points I have. I'll see if I can snag a couple of Dr. Who sets since that might be the better doorbuster deal that I see on the list. If anything else, I might clear out their leftover smaller sets like the birthday cake, piggy bank, and wedding topper.

Any suggestions on spending combos for at least 2 globes?