Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

17 hours ago, Val-E said:

Hothbricks has some news for EU shop.

http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/11/brick-friday-cyber-monday-quelques-infos-offres-prevues/

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up French.

Such big news it took out the whole site.   I also suspect this will be like last year where some of the best deals are not released ahead of time, and some may be instore only.

Edited by jay4e

3 hours ago, jay4e said:

Such big news it took out the whole site.   I also suspect this will be like last year where some of the best deals are not released ahead of time, and some may be instore only.

What was the best deal last year from SAH?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

What was the best deal last year from SAH?

almost anything with a gingerbread house... I did most of my shopping in store and the AT-AT was by far the winner, but that was not available at SAH by that time.  I dont recall much for deals on SAH that was not available somewhere else cheaper, except for Pirate Chess. 

looking back at http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-black-friday-2015-and-cyber-monday-deals/  their were definitely some winners there, brick bounty, ghost, cargo plane, etc, but it was really the GH that made them great deals.

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, jay4e said:

almost anything with a gingerbread house... I did most of my shopping in store and the AT-AT was by far the winner, but that was not available at SAH by that time.  I dont recall much for deals on SAH that was not available somewhere else cheaper, except for Pirate Chess. 

looking back at http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-black-friday-2015-and-cyber-monday-deals/  their were definitely some winners there, brick bounty, ghost, cargo plane, etc, but it was really the GH that made them great deals.

Thanks. Hope we will see more sets being added to this year's list later on. But just like you said, even with 20% off, SAH price is still lame unless they are willing to discount some exclusive sets, like 71040 ?

Given that these have already been sold for $99 at the LEGO Store in DisneyLand/World, maybe we'll see Temple of Airjitzu make a BF appearance again, this time at 50% off? Last year it was a "Buy ToA and get Ronin R.E.X. for free" offer, so this might be not too far fetched ...... ?

• Like 1

Just a heads up- word is gamestop will only have 20 green arrow polys per store. Not sure how popular it will be but fewer than I expected. 

Hoping they'll have the ps4 supergirl starter in stock to bundle and then just flip the starter pack. 

Edited by brickzoor

49 minutes ago, brickzoor said:

Just a heads up- word is gamestop will only have 20 green arrow polys per store. Not sure how popular it will be but fewer than I expected. 

Hoping they'll have the ps4 supergirl starter in stock to bundle and then just flip the starter pack. 

I'll be purchasing the cheapest fun pack they have and as many as they'll allow.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I was hearing they open at 5, so I was thinking 3. But I'm also debating my time and sleep value and weighing eBay cost against that.

Yep, it's worth paying $30 for one, so I can sleep in until 9am.  What am I saying, my kids have me up before 6am every day off?  They'll probably hit < $20.

• Like 1

Given that these have already been sold for $99 at the LEGO Store in DisneyLand/World, maybe we'll see Temple of Airjitzu make a BF appearance again, this time at 50% off? Last year it was a "Buy ToA and get Ronin R.E.X. for free" offer, so this might be not too far fetched ...... ?

I did post that you could call in to get that set and pay s/h. Not sure how many on here did that. But yes ToA would be a good candidate...if it lasts till then.
Wasn't the Pirate ship 50% last year at the Lego store?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I was hearing they open at 5, so I was thinking 3. But I'm also debating my time and sleep value and weighing eBay cost against that.

Do you really think it will be that in-demand?  There are probably 8 or 9 Gamestops within 25 minutes of me.  I assumed there wouldn't be an issue even if I struck out at one of them.  My priority that morning will be Lego Store...

1 minute ago, minicoopers11 said:

That green arrow poly is tempting...i already grabbed the supergirl PS4 pack last week during the cartwheel sale though....hm. Probably not getting up.

Green Arrow will hit EBay hard, so prices will drop quick.  Just my prediction and probably not a revelation.  He ain't no Iron Patriot.

• Like 1