Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

yup, did the same.... hopefully no returns come through.... prices already dropping on amazon... gonna have to do my rounds like i did last year for all the $30 deals.

Is there a limit per person? I saw it said 24 minimum per store. Where I will be on thanksgiving is fairly slow area. If I can get more than one I'll drive over there.

2 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Is there a limit per person? I saw it said 24 minimum per store. Where I will be on thanksgiving is fairly slow area. If I can get more than one I'll drive over there.

last year it was 24 combined (12 each of duplo/lego)

Edited by jerryherb

Which box is better the TRU 1600 count for $60 (plus GC/other magic bringing down to $48 or less) or the Walmart 1500 count at $54 ($30 if you can get BF)?  First year doing this so I'm not familiar with the TRU box and the website is limited in photos of blocks contained vs. Walmart's.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

The boxes are pretty big too .. the old shelf swipe technique doesn't work either.

My wife hates these things.  They end up everywhere in the house during the holidays and instead of giving them away to nieces and nephews, I sell them all.  She calls it greed and I agree with her.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jerryherb said:

the limit all previous years was the amount of carts you can push/pull

I noticed things do get in the way of the carts though, like the amount of douche you have to wade through.

1 hour ago, Lego Templar said:

So you can just grab them all? Lol maybe I'll swing by that store.

If you want stabbed, go for it.  Folks were lining up for these things last year.  I'm doing all my buying online this year, never again.

1 hour ago, TANV said:

Is this going to be available online you think?

A few always end up online.

• Like 1

If you go to pick up Lego at Walmart on Black Friday, you'll probably be a day late.  Black Friday sales started ON Thanksgiving Day last year (about 5 PM if I recall?).  When I think about going out, I just pull out my photo from last year to remind myself what a bad idea that is.  Photo taken about 1 hour before the sale starts, Thanksgiving Day 2015...

20151126_171413.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

If you go to pick up Lego at Walmart on Black Friday, you'll probably be a day late.  Black Friday sales started ON Thanksgiving Day last year (about 5 PM if I recall?).  When I think about going out, I just pull out my photo from last year to remind myself what a bad idea that is.  Photo taken about 1 hour before the sale starts, Thanksgiving Day 2015...

I was handing them to people all around me before putting a few in my cart, and I quickly sped away afterward.  Not again...