Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

Along those same lines... any idea when Walmart's Creative Tower goes live online at $30? When was it last year? .... Thanksgiving? ... BlakFri? ... anyone remember?

I think it was the following Wednesday around 4:30 last year, maybe that was the $28 sale?
I ordered some of mine in the parking lot when I was dropping my daughter off at dance.

Maybe the $30 variety was Cyber Monday eve about 9pm. I remember ordering those right after my 65" TV went live.

29 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Along those same lines... any idea when Walmart's Creative Tower goes live online at $30? When was it last year? .... Thanksgiving? ... BlakFri? ... anyone remember?

Heh... just look back at order history on Walmart.com... I now see my first orders were placed on Nov 26, 2015... Thanksgiving Day... can't tell what time tho... IIRC, seems like it was early morning... like iahawks550 said.

1 hour ago, Mhd747 said:

It's alot easy for people to look back and say "what an idiot emazers is" or "can't wait to see how emazers is after buying 50 deathstars etc" but he's got the guts to go in deep, no guts no glory.

Emazers could be classified as the Les Miles of LEGO investing...

miles.jpg

46 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

I believe it was midnight Thanksgiving morning.  I got a few of them that way and than they were sold out and I had to head to the store to get more when they opened that evening.  Thank god I don't have to do it this year.  Only thing that interests me to get me out are a few target deals on Changing season.  . 

• Like 2

Hit the B&M store in Houston last BF at 0500.  Scored AT ATs, fire station and some other items with lots of gingerbread houses, sold half, kept the other half.  All in all a great score as the main line was at the Starbucks and not Lego, fools.  Overpriced coffee at $37.

It seems this year will be BORING, I even swapped a work shift to be off in hopes of a great score, I may still go since I have nothing else to do in the morning and pray there are hidden gems.  

It would be very unEuropean for LEGO to change sales this late in the game.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fantomas007 said:

I dont understand why is somebody disappointed... On which planet do you live? Somebody expected 40 % off from all exclusives? Last year was 5% discount on black friday - really nothing, since it is same as VIP double points. So everything above this is nice. If you buy something with 20 % discount, you get another 4% on points, and nice bonus set (which can be sold for some bucks)....

The problem is that for 95% of those sets, they are regularly discounted by more than 20% at other online retailers.  Snow Globe helps, but VIP points are mostly a wash versus other online reward programs (Target RedCard, etc.).

Edited by GhostDad

I'm on the fence for going to my local brick and mortar Lego store early Friday. The main appeal is b&m always seems to have some random clearance items unavailable online - busting out a case of something interesting they found buried away in their storeroom. The official doorbusters are kinda 'meh', considering the purchase/order limits expected (parting out a dozen pirate chess can be lucrative, but just a pair of them is more trouble than its worth).

Anyone got some inspiring enthusiasm or snarky cynicism to push me one way or another off the fence?

5 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

i thought there was an appearance the day before thanksgiving and then shortly after noon on thanksgiving day.  i remember last year that i had already bought 20 by the time my mother-in-law arrived and I realized I had lost my excuse to disappear after dinner.  and that my wife knew that i had bought 20 and was done buying and that i had lost my excuse to disappear after dinner.  doh.  that's ok i read about some laser eyed lady blasting some random dude at a walmart so probably safer to stay at home and do the dishes. i got shot down with my request to snag 60 this year.  30 is my limit.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, cladner said:

i thought there was an appearance the day before thanksgiving and then shortly after noon on thanksgiving day.  i remember last year that i had already bought 20 by the time my mother-in-law arrived and I realized I had lost my excuse to disappear after dinner.  and that my wife knew that i had bought 20 and was done buying and that i had lost my excuse to disappear after dinner.  doh.  that's ok i read about some laser eyed lady blasting some random dude at a walmart so probably safer to stay at home and do the dishes. i got shot down with my request to snag 60 this year.  30 is my limit.

My brain was going in circles for a minute there reading this ;) thought it was the alcohol...

speed limit 30 but approaching 60...

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 1