Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

40 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Why would there be a young Han? Unless they mean Esp IV young. 

Cameo to get people adjusted to another actor playing the role. But yeah, he'd be a not-so-young young Han Solo in this film lol

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

There are reshoots because the movie sucks. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/30/disney-execs-in-a-panic-over-upcoming-star-wars-film/amp/

John Campea addresses it off the top of his most recent podcast. It's not on YouTube yet or I'd link it but he does say pagesix's credibility sucks. Most of you probably have no clue who this guy is either but he keeps it real and has done a ton for online movie commentary.

• Like 2

Damn that's scary but at least it shows that Disney cares lol. 

Disney cares because of all the money on the line. This could also have an impact on future Star Wars spinoff movies if there is a negative reaction to this one out of the gate.

Guess Disney is taking a page out of WB's book, since Suicide Squad was going back for extensive and expensive reshoots.

I'm in the camp that every big budget film does this. With as much lead time as they build into the schedule you can't be surprised.

Also, its Page Six. Meh.

57 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Disney cares because of all the money on the line. This could also have an impact on future Star Wars spinoff movies if there is a negative reaction to this one out of the gate.

Their reasons may not be noble but hey at least they'll pay attention to detail haha. That's all I care about. 

56 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Guess Disney is taking a page out of WB's book, since Suicide Squad was going back for extensive and expensive reshoots.

I'm in the camp that every big budget film does this. With as much lead time as they build into the schedule you can't be surprised.

Also, its Page Six. Meh.

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Black_towr said:

A majority of tent pole films go through reshoots. This doesn't mean anything. 

It means something. 

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/43318/more-details-about-rogue-one-reshoots

9 hours ago, trekgate502 said:

I think the trailer was awesome each of the three times I watched it in theater during watching captain America 3

i though jj Abrams made it clear he had nothing to do with Star Wars films any more no ?

the movie will be great imo

Abrams is producing the Skywalker films. Not sure what if anything he has to do with the spinoffs.

14 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I hope JJ and the suits don't ruin this film. Let Edwards, editors and writers do their thing.

Edwards vision of this SW movie was supposed to be a war movie. It's supposed to be dark. The execs. are coming in and want to add a lighter tone and make it kid friendly. I completely disagree with this. Just because the execs. have their own ideas doesn't mean the movie sucked. It means they are going to cram a bunch of sugar coated crap down our throats. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Black_towr said:

Edwards vision of this SW movie was supposed to be a war movie. It's supposed to be dark. The execs. are coming in and want to add a lighter tone and make it kid friendly. I completely disagree with this. Just because the execs. have their own ideas doesn't mean the movie sucked. It means they are going to cram a bunch of sugar coated crap down our throats. 

Completely agree. I was excited for this movie because it was going to be a different point of view of Star Wars than the cookie cutter approach they took with Force Awakens. Now it sounds like a Marvel movie - throw in a couple of jokes the moment things threaten to get serious. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black_towr said:

I thought he made it clear in an interview that the only thing he was involved in with the movies was having his name listed as an executive producer for episode VIIi on the credits but he will in fact have nothing to do with it.  I need to dig that article up.

21 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

I thought he made it clear in an interview that the only thing he was involved in with the movies was having his name listed as an executive producer for episode VIIi on the credits but he will in fact have nothing to do with it.  I need to dig that article up.

maybe . i hope so. JJ has his turn and hit a lead-off double.  now it's time for Gareth, Colin and Rain plus the Lego Movie guys to take some swings.

i wonder if Kathleen Kennedy was one of the suits going nuts....

anway, i sure hope the suits don't mess up this movie.

• Like 1

Some interesting news on the reshoots.  Supposedly 40% of the film is being reshot!  Wowser.  I kind of had a feeling Gareth Edwards wasn't the best director for a Star Wars movie.  His Godzilla film wasn't exactly that great, and the story was definitely the weakest link.  Sounds like they brought in JJ, and the writer to oversee this.  Hopefully this makes the film pan out to something that is up to par, and at least as fun as Force Awakens.  How can they go wrong with a good concept that this film is based off of!

The good news out of all of this, is at least Disney is striving to make this right.  I feel with how many good Pixar films are out there, and even some of their recent animated films, that Disney willl strive to keep a higher standard with the Star Wars brand, than what they would with most Marvel films.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/06/how-extensive-will-the-rogue-one-reshoots-be/

Here are the common themes in what people behind the scenes are saying:

• Some crew initially heard J.J. Abrams was supervising the reshoots.
  • Gareth Edwards is doing the reshoots himself but with a partner, Christopher McQuarrie.
  • Christopher McQuarrie, the final writer on Rogue One will be working extensively with Edwards onset to make sure they’re on the “same page” with the most recent draft of the film.
  • Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
  • It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
  • 32 sets have been recreated for the reshoot.
  • The crew expects they are reshooting 40% of the film.
  • They are working 6 days a week for 8 weeks.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

From this early image this looks like what the U-wing might be.  Looks like more of a troop transport than a starfighter.

star-wars-rogue-one-665x385.jpg

That looked very consistent with a certain LEGO set that may or may not be coming later this year ;)

.. and people already complained about that supposed new set without having all the facts :sarcastichand:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

That looked very consistent with a certain LEGO set that may or may not be coming later this year ;)

.. and people already complained about that supposed new set without having all the facts :sarcastichand:

Yeah you can see the unloading bay in the underbelly of the ship is dead on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Facts are irrelevant if you think the sets are ugly. Accuracy to the source material or not, they just look bleh. Sometimes those 2D shots don't do those small sets justice and you need to see them in person.

• Like 2

No pics, but here's the possible list of minifigure names for each set.

• 75152 Imperial Tank
    Minifigs : Chirrut, 2 x Tank Troopers

• 75153 AT-ST
    Minifigs : Baze, Rebel Trooper, AT-ST Driver

• 75154 TIE Striker
    Minifigs : Tie Pilot, Rebel Trooper, Shoretrooper, Imperial Soldier

• 75155 Rebel Starfighter
    Minifigs : Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Bestan, Rebel Pilot, Rebel Trooper

• 75156 Imperial Shuttle
    Minifigs : Bodhi, Pad, K-250 Enforcer Droid, Director Krennic, Death Trooper(s)
  • Like 1