Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Shoretroopers ? Well I guess Scout Troopers no longer have the lamest name in the entire empire.  At least people pretty much can guess what Scout Troopers do just by name. :D

It looks like Shoretroopers hang around the beach until the real Stormtroopers arrive via the sea:sarcastichand:

Where were they 7 years ago to take care of the cast from jersey shore. :nono:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, zskid00 said:

We don't have a lot of context for the beach battle yet, but I would expect the Empire would use more troops to guard and/or retrieve the Death Star plans.  Doesn't look like a large scale battle from what I've seen but I'm sure the AT-ATs will be in there from the earlier trailer we saw.  I thought these were quite entertaining:

People have too much spare time on their hands.

Well, you have probably heard about the spoiler info during the panel about the death of a key character? There was also another trailer exclusively shown to panel attendees that was not part of the live feed. Here is the teaser trailer 2, in all it's phone cam glory.

• Like 1

I'm stoked. Hope the re-shoots are just standard and not a sign of plot issues. 

Per the vehicle comments above. IMO the problem is just the length of time between OT and now. Everything is too iconic. They really can't win either way. If they remake the classics, then they aren't doing anything new. Rogue One has a bunch of new troopers though, and everyone will nit on that (where did they go for ep 4-6??). If they DO make something new (Ghost, Kylo Ren's ship, etc) everyone pretty much hates on it right away. So I really don't know what they can do for Ep 8. I guess it's a "I'll know it when I see it" thing. 

The thing about the Falcon, was that it became a character in and of itself. I guess they need to find a way to do that. 

8 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Didn't want to watch it that way but if they aren't going to put it out then I guess that's all I've got.

Last few seconds....chills.

It has to come out at some point.  Some speculators and people looking closely at the teaser reel also mentioned a certain Organa might be returning and maybe played by the actor from ROTS.

• Like 1

It has to come out at some point.  Some speculators and people looking closely at the teaser reel also mentioned a certain Organa might be returning and maybe played by the actor from ROTS.

If you look at the 3 minute reel that was put out Friday, you can just about see that character. Everything except his head of course.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

If you look at the 3 minute reel that was put out Friday, you can just about see that character. Everything except his head of course.

I love that actor as him so I'm all for it. 

All they need to do for Rogue One is have The Ghost drops off one of the character,  They do not need to show Hera or any of the crews, just the ship flying off.  BAM! instant continuity plug

And yes, I still have a few Ghost and Phantom sets somewhere in my stash

You will hear this fan boy squee from across the country if they mention the Ghost by name or show it like you suggest.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What do you mean by if ?  Rebels is more canon than all pre-Disney EU combined :D

Well, I know what you mean. I am not deep on the EU stuff, I just don't get how they explain stuff like Leia being in the show, and by Ep 4 all Jedi are gone from the universe. Anyway, I can take that to the Rebels thread. :-) Go Rogue One!!

Well, I know what you mean. I am not deep on the EU stuff, I just don't get how they explain stuff like Leia being in the show, and by Ep 4 all Jedi are gone from the universe. Anyway, I can take that to the Rebels thread. :-) Go Rogue One!!

I dont think all Jedi are gone by ep 4. I always felt there had to be more hiding out. We just dont see or hear about them because they are hiding.

15 minutes ago, noods said:

I dont think all Jedi are gone by ep 4. I always felt there had to be more hiding out. We just dont see or hear about them because they are hiding.

Oh yeah there's definitely some Jedi hiding out there. All you'd have to do is go to the outer rim and it would be near impossible for the empire to find you. 

7 minutes ago, California92563 said:

Oh yeah there's definitely some Jedi hiding out there. All you'd have to do is go to the outer rim and it would be near impossible for the empire to find you. 

Of course... Vader didn't even find Obi Wan even though he was hanging out a few miles from Uncle Owen's house. He didn't even find his son for that matter. 

• Like 3

I always explained that by one of Leia's force powers being that she's good at concealing herself in the Force, in this case without even being aware she has force powers. She's that powerful!!! How else to explain her "considerable" resistance to the probe droid? Like how all the Jedi could stand beside Palpatine and not know what he was, or that he even has force powers. I don't think force projection suppression is a particularly good or dark side trait. 

Technically there are no other Jedi by Episode IV other than Obi-wan and Yoda. Luke is not a Jedi knight until ROTJ. Kanan was only a padawan and was never knighted, the same with Ahsoka, and Ezra isn't even a padawan technically. So what Yoda said about Luke being the last Jedi Knight is true, from a certain point of view. There are clearly other force users running around, but knights are in short supply as their fire has gone out of the universe. 

Edited by jeff_14