Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

8 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

That too, is a good one.  But die hard blew my 12 year-old mind. That roof top explosion sequence? Awesome bad buys. An un-assuming hero against all odds... Timeless cinema magic. Come to think of it, I should make a die hard sticker for the Palace cinema.

I remember when it first came out, reading "It will blow you through the back wall of the theatre!, and my friend and I were like "yea - sure it will"

And when it was over, we were like "yea, It really did!"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, feed said:

“X-Wing, X-Wing kills the AT-AT down there”.

So another X-Wing then.

I ranted in another thread yesterday how the Star Wars lego line will get old fast if they just keep regurgitating the same ships but just change out the minifigures.  This years line especially, it seems like that is mostly what was done.  This isn't really a knock at the movie Rogue One, because X-wings, and AT-AT's and Deathstars are a major part of the story, but long term I dont' think that will help with selling the merchandise.  And I don't think this affects Hasbro as much as it effects Lego.  Hasbro can just crank out 20 new characters from these films.  But lego is forced to work with the ships and vehicles, and if they are constantly the same, well that's going to put a damper on this line very fast.

We already had  two x-wings come out with TFA.  If they put another x-wing for Rouge One, and then another in Ep8, it's going to be a constant regurgitation of x-wings and tie's that at that point, whose going to keep buying each small iteration?  I'm already at the point where I don't want to buy anymore x-wings, tie's, At-At's or millennium falcons. 

If it just becomes ship after regurgitated ship, just to get 5 new minifigures, i'd rather disney allows lego to release a collectible minifigure line with each of these films.  And lego instead focuses on 2 or 3 unique sets, or maybe just one giant UCS type set for each film.

My opinion.

So how many times does the blind martial artist get to catch the Stormtroopers off guard before they shoot him?  I don't get the amount of hand-to-hand combat being used when these troopers all have blasters.  Shoot first, ask questions later.  Or maybe they just have the same accuracy as the OT Stormtroopers.

Edited by zskid00

10 minutes ago, micbelt said:

I think he is supposed to be training them or something like that.

No, he's actually one of the rebels.  His name is Chirrut, and he is a follower of the jedi religion, but not a jedi himself.   Baze, who is like his "chewie" is his protector and he's the one with an arsenal of weapons and has to bail him out a lot.  If you watch the rogue one panel from star wars celebration they dive into it a little bit.  So my guess is, this guy is getting into trouble and Baze has to constantly use his gun to get him out of it. 

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

We don't have a lot of context for the beach battle yet, but I would expect the Empire would use more troops to guard and/or retrieve the Death Star plans.  Doesn't look like a large scale battle from what I've seen but I'm sure the AT-ATs will be in there from the earlier trailer we saw.  I thought these were quite entertaining:

13731503_10153905286366633_9198379114938

attachment.php?attachmentid=277434&d=146

• Like 5