Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, P38bam023 said:

Anyone else curious who this guy is?  Based off his posture and dress it reminds me a lot of Grand Admiral Thrawn.  I hope they wouldn't alter that Legend character that much to change his species if it is in fact him.

Isn't this supposed to be Tarkin?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:14 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

The people at ILM created a reaction video of them watching reaction videos of people watching the trailers.

So who is going to create a reaction video while watching reaction video of ILM staffs reacting to people reaction to the Rogue One trailer?

For them it can make sense to see how people react to their trailers & such. However I still find it weird how mainstream the concept of reaction videos in general have become. Instead of watching the teaser yourself, you are watching someone else watch the clip. It would be like watching your friend on the couch instead of looking at the screen. I suppose somebody could make the same point with "Let's Plays" except in those the gamer is actually doing something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheOrcKing said:

For them it can make sense to see how people react to their trailers & such. However I still find it weird how mainstream the concept of reaction videos in general have become. Instead of watching the teaser yourself, you are watching someone else watch the clip. It would be like watching your friend on the couch instead of looking at the screen. I suppose somebody could make the same point with "Let's Plays" except in those the gamer is actually doing something.

I am telling you, we are getting a whole generation of peeping toms thanks to combination of (youtube) video bloggers and the reality TV shows :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

Did anyone watch the Kevin Smith youtube show reaction to Rogue One trailer?

He's co-hosting with someone i don't know, but his co-host comes up with an INSANELY cool prediction / potential spoiler of what the main character's outfit in the final scene of the trailer could foreshadow. 

Truly inspired fan-theory. It's too off-the-wall to be likely or an actual spoiler, but i'll warn you anyway if it did turn out to be true.

I also won't link it as it has some awfully adult themes and language. But if you know who Kevin Smith is, that shouldn't' surprise you.

4 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Did anyone watch the Kevin Smith youtube show reaction to Rogue One trailer?

He's co-hosting with someone i don't know, but his co-host comes up with an INSANELY cool prediction / potential spoiler of what the main character's outfit in the final scene of the trailer could foreshadow. 

Truly inspired fan-theory. It's too off-the-wall to be likely or an actual spoiler, but i'll warn you anyway if it did turn out to be true.

I also won't link it as it has some awfully adult themes and language. But if you know who Kevin Smith is, that shouldn't' surprise you.

Are you talking about the Admiral guy and theories he might be Thrawn?  That's going around.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Are you talking about the Admiral guy and theories he might be Thrawn?  That's going around.

No, I know what he's talking about. It's a good theory but I think some people would have a problem with it because it's a little to convenient and also I don't think the time lines would match up correctly. It would mean that New Hope would have to be going on concurrently with Rogue One.  

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

No, it was about the outfit the main female character (can't remember her name) is wearing. 

Looks like a tie fighter pilot

Were there any particular tie fighter pilots that had an unexplained yet critical role in destroying the first death star?

Something you've noticed for 39 years but never really questioned outloud.

I've said too much.............

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

No, it was about the outfit the main female character (can't remember her name) is wearing. 

Looks like a tie fighter pilot

Were there any particular tie fighter pilots that had an unexplained yet critical role in destroying the first death star?

Something you've noticed for 39 years but never really questioned outloud.

I've said too much.............

Watching now, :)

26 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I am telling you, we are getting a whole generation of peeping toms thanks to combination of (youtube) video bloggers and the reality TV shows

Peeping Toms is a nice way of putting it. Another would be to say everyone's turning into a voyeur. I am all in for a society where people can feel comfortably open and accepted ....but I really do not need to know everything going on in every person's life. As for 'reality TV', it is anything but real and funny when social media points out the bull every time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...