Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

28 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I would be pretty disappointed if DV and Palp don't make an appearance . It would be really hard not to incorporate them given the time period.

I'm pretty sure Vader is in it.  He is personally in charge of tracking down the stolen plans.  It is nice not seeing any light sabers in a SW trailer but Vader will surely use one in combat and heck the Imperial Guards are even force sensitive so we may finally see some of their combat skills.

image.png

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, P38bam023 said:

Anyone else curious who this guy is?  Based off his posture and dress it reminds me a lot of Grand Admiral Thrawn.  I hope they wouldn't alter that Legend character that much to change his species if it is in fact him.

The white uniform is supposed to be a Grand Admiral uniform. There's supposed to be multiple grand admirals, so maybe they're all flamboyant in some way. Yularen has a killer moustache, Thrawn collects art and this dude has a cape.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Who the what now? That's not how it works.

The force sensitive royal guards are Imperial Sovereign protectors who are trained by the Inquisitors.   Jedi aren't generally easy to take out so the Empire had to have more than just Palp and Vader to do all the leg work. 

I'm very much more excited for the Lego sets for this movie vs TFA.  I think I saw 3 new imperial troopers(death trooper, beach trooper, tank pilots) in there plus bringing the war feeling back to Star Wars .  After TFA, the Lego group is actually probably glad they have this movie otherwise they would have to tap more into prequel/ clone wars remakes for sets since their wasn't much to work with from TFA set wise . 

15 hours ago, Val-E said:

Brickset is continuing to speculate that there will be a Rogue One X wing set.

http://brickset.com/article/20481 (full article)

Based on those thoughts, the sets might be as follows:

• 75152 AT-ST - 385 pieces - €39.99, £34.99, $29.99
  • 75153 {Unnamed Imperial Landspeeder} - 449 pieces - €49.99, £39.99, $39.99
  • 75154 TIE Fighter - 543 pieces - €69.99, £59.99, $69.99
  • 75155 X-wing Starfighter - 659 pieces - €79.99, £64.99, $69.99
  • 75156 {Unnamed Dropship} - 863 pieces - €99.99, £79.99, $89.99

Please not another X-Wing and TIE... If they keep it going we're going to have one in a new color every year.

If they are going for a re-release, why not a Y-wing? It's been four years since the last one was released. I was also surprised that there weren't any other classic ships shown in the trailer. There should be plenty of Y-Wings in the rebellion at this point because it takes place before the battle of Yavin.

24 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Please not another X-Wing and TIE... If they keep it going we're going to have one in a new color every year.

If they are going for a re-release, why not a Y-wing? It's been four years since the last one was released. I was also surprised that there weren't any other classic ships shown in the trailer. There should be plenty of Y-Wings in the rebellion at this point because it takes place before the battle of Yavin.

I'm sure a Y-Wing will make an appearance.  The real question is, do we have to wait for the movie to get a glimpse of the Super Star Destroyer?

I don't recall, are we getting another Pod Racer set this year?  Yes, my train of thought went from SSD to Pod Racer.  Don't ask me how my brain works.

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

Personally I think it sounds very unrealistic that yet another X-Wing would come out. We already have the Resistance X-Wing Fighter (75149) coming out this Summer. If Poe's X-Wing (75102) hasn't been retired yet by then, the supposed 75155 would be the 3rd Lego X-Wing of the same size on the market. Even TLG wouldn't be THAT crazy!

1 minute ago, Haay said:

Personally I think it sounds very unrealistic that yet another X-Wing would come out. We already have the Resistance X-Wing Fighter (75149) coming out this Summer. If Poe's X-Wing (75102) hasn't been retired yet by then, the supposed 75155 would be the 3rd Lego X-Wing of the same size on the market. Even TLG wouldn't be THAT crazy!

Even Disney must know that if they want to sell toys they need new ships in this film to base them on.

Anyone still think they are not going to remake sets that feature on the standard box art?

Now, perhaps the TFA ones will indeed be pulled after a year - it´s a possibility we shouldn´t disregard.

Edited by Val-E

36 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Anyone still think they are not going to remake sets that feature on the standard box art?

Now, perhaps the TFA ones will indeed be pulled after a year - it´s a possibility we shouldn´t disregard.

They change the packaging every year, so that's nothing out of the ordinary, but I do suspect we will see some of the force awakens sets retire by the end of the year.  Poe's X-wing, FO Transporter, and the snowspeeder would be a few I think could get the cut.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:39 PM, P38bam023 said:
I'm pretty sure Vader is in it.  He is personally in charge of tracking down the stolen plans.  It is nice not seeing any light sabers in a SW trailer but Vader will surely use one in combat and heck the Imperial Guards are even force sensitive so we may finally see some of their combat skills.

Agree. Early trailers for The Force Awakens didn't have Han Solo in them. Darth Vader will get me more into this movie.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Brule said:

I need someone to confirm a Galen Marek minifigure. Mainly because it would reinforce the rumor that he's in the film and being played by Mads Mikkelsen.

I don't think it will be confirmed until the movie, but the guy in the black hood in the teaser sort of makes you wonder if the rumors are real...  It would be great, and I think the rumors have merit to them.  

AND... it looks like proxy is in it too.  Alan Turdyk's rumored to play a motion capture droid.  From the Rogue One trailer, you see the droid in two shots, and it looks exactly like proxy, who was starkillers "training droid".  The rebels supposedly hijack the droid and reprogram it to work for them.  

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2