Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Overall, nice trailer, but I'm not really overwhelmed.  Characters are not interesting as of yet.  

So, you were whelmed? I think I was. Overall it was a very whelming trailer. it was satisfying in a way, but in another way I can't get myself super excited to find out what happened the day before ANH.

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I didn't expect Jackie Chan fighting with a mop stick, so hopefully that gets cut.

Lol they knew they would have to show some fighting scenes when they brought Donnie Yen in.  Otherwise Disney is going to make a lot of his fans angry.

What's wrong with fighting with stick?  Rey fought with a stick in movie 7

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

So, you were whelmed? I think I was. Overall it was a very whelming trailer. it was satisfying in a way, but in another way I can't get myself super excited to find out what happened the day before ANH.

I certainly can. Brand new characters in what looks like a spy movie meets the Dirty Dozen in Star Wars. Anything could happen to those characters. This from someone who loved the prequels even though I had a strong hunch that Yoda, Obi-wan, Anakin, Palpatine, and a few others would likely survive. :) Character drives good stories and we have no idea what's coming.

2 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

That scale of the death star and star destroyers is all out of wack.  Remember the Falcon going into the death star.. it was about as big to scale as those star destroyers are..

Seemed fine to me. It all depends on the angle and distance from the "small" moon. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I didn't expect Jackie Chan fighting with a mop stick, so hopefully that gets cut.

One more thing about Donnie Yen fight scene (at 1:09).  He hold the stick on 1 end like holding practice sword, ie. think of Arya's water dancing instructor from GoT season 1.

• Like 1

On 14 February 2016 at 4:56 PM, fossilrock said:

FORCE FRIDAY is a definite!   September 30th, 2016.  I guess, the official launch date of Rogue One lego sets, figures, and merchandise is October 1st.  If it's anything like last year, it will be a furious horde of vultures on a carcass that lasts less than 2 minutes at a store.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-force-friday-september-2016/

So based on the trailer I'd put money on the rumoured UCS Death Star to be coming out as well as a re-released AT-AT in October.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm glad to see the Internet already jumping to conclusions about this film by viewing 1:30 of footage.

December can't get here fast enough.

Isn't that what the internet does? Hell, TFA trailer released much earlier than 8 months out, and people jumped all over them for like a year

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

So based on the trailer I'd put money on the rumoured UCS Death Star to be coming out as well as a re-released AT-AT in October.

Yeah, i'm sort of convinced the lego death star will have a rogue one tie-in.  It's gotta!

I also think there will be a new OT x-wing in there.  I think AT-AT's are a definite too.  What I didn't see was any sign of bounty hunters, that was originally rumored.  I'm not convinced Boba Fett will be in this as rumored. 

For those that collect black series, the initial wave was all shown in the trailer - the Death Trooper (black stormy), Jyn (felicity jones character), Alan Turdyk's Droid (seen running behind Jyn in the one shot), and Jiang Wen's character (seen running in the at-at scene).  Also the Grand Admiral character, Forest Whittakers Character, another droid, and the scarb stormtrooper round out the Force Friday wave.  

The Lego sets will remain a mystery until July, i'm guessing.  I'm definitely on the fence on selling off my at-ats.  I don't think the AT-AT's will tank in value, but I do think they could sink under 200 if there is a new one and it's bigger, has more pieces, and instead of snowtroopers has death troopers or something like that.  Really the only difference I think there will be is the minifigures.  it will be similar to what happened with the Force Awakens and the Millennium Falcon.  Slight changes, but not a huge alteration.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Yeah, i'm sort of convinced the lego death star will have a rogue one tie-in.  It's gotta!

I also think there will be a new OT x-wing in there.  I think AT-AT's are a definite too.  What I didn't see was any sign of bounty hunters, that was originally rumored.  I'm not convinced Boba Fett will be in this as rumored. 

For those that collect black series, the initial wave was all shown in the trailer - the Death Trooper (black stormy), Jyn (felicity jones character), Alan Turdyk's Droid (seen running behind Jyn in the one shot), and Jiang Wen's character (seen running in the at-at scene).  Also the Grand Admiral character, Forest Whittakers Character, another droid, and the scarb stormtrooper round out the Force Friday wave.  

The Lego sets will remain a mystery until July, i'm guessing.  I'm definitely on the fence on selling off my at-ats.  I don't think the AT-AT's will tank in value, but I do think they could sink under 200 if there is a new one and it's bigger, has more pieces, and instead of snowtroopers has death troopers or something like that.  Really the only difference I think there will be is the minifigures.  it will be similar to what happened with the Force Awakens and the Millennium Falcon.  Slight changes, but not a huge alteration.

The next AT-AT will either have standard stormtroopers or some sand/tropical variation.  With the set prices I have seen, I don't think we will get an AT-AT in this first round of Lego Sets.  I think think one of the cheaper sets will be the stormtrooper ground vehicle.  Maybe an x-wing. 

These are the rumored set numbers, piece count and prices in Euros.

• 75152 Star Wars: Rogue One Set # 1: 385 pieces - € 39.99
  • 75153 Star Wars: Rogue One Set # 2: 449 pieces - € 49.99
  • 75154 Star Wars: Rogue One Set # 3: 543 pieces - € 69.99
  • 75155 Star Wars: Rogue One Set # 4: 659 pieces - € 79.99
  • 75156 Star Wars: Rogue One Set # 5: 863 pieces - € 99.99

None of pieces are close to the existing AT-AT.