10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

Poof again.  I don't have the option to add it to my cart here.

It came and went extremely fast.  I tried to order 2 not sure if they had more but they did not have 4 when i tried and I took too long.

They probably were flushing out remaining inventory that they know about from the other orders clearing and adjusting it to accurate.

LOL! What's his name?

Well you started the Tribble topic so I'll respond just with a tease to let you know that this will be one of the things to be discussed in my new (hope to have time tonight) thread to discuss Retail Stock Tracking, Trivia & Occasional Contests thread...  It will be like a pot luck thread of fun.  So if everyone can hold any more tribble posts until I start the thread up tonight and then post them there!

Perhaps Disney will finish the rumor of buying Hasbro.  Then they can quadruple it in size and move all toy production to Hasbro plus keep Transformers and own it.

Then they can discontinue Kre-O and move the Star Trek License to Lego because they bought them too.

Then focus all production of Hasbro and Lego around their movie schedules.

Now that would be absolutely terrible, Disney is big enough as it is and I hope it does not happen as I like Hasbro owning Transformers and Lego's Independence but it is one way to get a UCS Enterprise.

The big globe at EPCOT does kinda look like the Death Star...

I guess the race for transcendence is on! Which will happen first: Google becomes SkyNet and sends terminators after us or Disney becomes the foundation of the Galactic Empire?

In any case, I think this may be the last OT X-Wing for a while - they will be cranking out new sets for the movies (one a year for the next five years? Seriously?) as well as Star Wars:Rebels for a while. Where will that leave the OT fans? Begging for Red Five...

There were three at the Potomac Mills VA LEGO store.  I picked up two...one for a buddy and one for me to compliment my original UCS X-Wing.  It's possible they had more in the back...I noticed that store had a lot of interview on various hard to find and discontinued items, probably because they don't get as much traffic.

There were three at the Potomac Mills VA LEGO store.  I picked up two...one for a buddy and one for me to compliment my original UCS X-Wing.  It's possible they had more in the back...I noticed that store had a lot of interview on various hard to find and discontinued items, probably because they don't get as much traffic.

Items such as???

Items such as???

Just a lot of stuff that was either hard to find or EOL.  Can't remember many specifics off the top of my head, but there were still quite a few 2013 Star Wars sets, a Death Star, Orthanc, Tumbler, VW Bus, Modular Cafe.  I'm probably not the best resource for what's valuable, but I did get the impression that they had a lot more than my local LEGO store.  Probably not worth the trip if you aren't driving past on I95 already or live in the area.

Isn't there anything else to discuss about this set? How about more threads about the set itself intend of predicted retail inventory levels, etc...

How many people have built this set? How did you link the b? Why not post a pic of your finished product? Do you have it on display with other models? Has your perception of this set changed since it's release? Have any comparison pics?

Well, for the extreme SW nerd, and probably why the 10240 got sold out pretty quickly over Christmas:

10240 Red Five + Microfighters Xwing pilot with the R2 dome + the green R2 body from the 2014 Advent calendar

= 10240 Red Ten, but yeah, sounds ho-hum to me, but I got caught up in that rush.

Oh, and my hunch is a System Ep 7 X-wing will come out first.