First Copy of the Brickpicker Book is in the House

Just got home, and opened up my book.

Wow.

Seriously, what a great book!  I've only spent 5 minutes flipping through it.  Speaking of that - this book is perfect for flipping through.  You an easily flip to any particular section read, and put it down for another day.  It's chock full of content - it's going to take me a year to get through all of this.

Just on first glance, this book looks great.  Fantastic job guys.

• Like 1

Fantastic read. I read it cover to cover.

I learned a lot from this guide. I need to rethink my strategy a bit. I'm already targeting a couple different sets that I wasn't paying attention to before. This guide helped open my eyes to the collectibility of different kinds of sets.

Overall very well done! Great photography too, btw! Disappointed we didn't see "the thumb", the cat, or a storm trooper at a urinal. Oh well, can't show all your best work on the first edition.

Congrats on the book. This is all around awesome. Everything is awesome.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

Fantastic read. I read it cover to cover.

I learned a lot from this guide. I need to rethink my strategy a bit. I'm already targeting a couple different sets that I wasn't paying attention to before. This guide helped open my eyes to the collectibility of different kinds of sets.

Overall very well done! Great photography too, btw! Disappointed we didn't see "the thumb", the cat, or a storm trooper at a urinal. Oh well, can't show all your best work on the first edition.

Congrats on the book. This is all around awesome. Everything is awesome.

I guess the main thing I discovered when writing the book was that there are plenty of themes that appreciate very well and are never discussed.  I knew most, but some themes really surprised me.  As for the "Stormtrooper by the urinal" thing, that will be book number two.  We will be giving members a chance to get heavily involved on the creative and visual side of things with this next book.  We are finalizing the contract now with the publisher.  

• Like 3

Jeff and I just got off the phone with the publisher discussing our next book and he had many great ideas on how to get the BrickPicker community involved.  The next book will have a creative element to it that will enable us to incorporate some of member's building and photography skills.  Jeff and I will discuss this more next week on the site, but I think there will some great opportunities for the "LEGO fans in you" to show off your skills, get a little recognition and to maybe make some money as well.

Our publisher also asked if we could reach out to members who bought the first book and ask them to leave a positive review on Amazon.com.  Jeff and I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.  Ed.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Jeff and I just got off the phone with the publisher discussing our next book and he had many great ideas on how to get the BrickPicker community involved.  The next book will have a creative element to it that will enable us to incorporate some of member's building and photography skills.  Jeff and I will discuss this more next week on the site, but I think there will some great opportunities for the "LEGO fans in you" to show off your skills, get a little recognition and to maybe make some money as well.

Our publisher also asked if we could reach out to members who bought the first book and ask them to leave a positive review on Amazon.com.  Jeff and I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.  Ed.  

this is awesome news.  100% count me in if this need help!.

i'll also leave a positive review.

Huw over at Brickset just posted a great review of the book.  http://brickset.com/article/17591/The-Ultimate-Guide-to-Collectable-LEGO-sets

We shipped him out a review copy and I know I am very happy that he liked the book.  Huw knows his LEGO and I have met him on a few occasions.  He loves LEGO and is very serious about it and his site which is why it is the most popular LEGO site out there. Getting a nod of approval from him means a lot to me.

• Like 6

I am very impressed by the book's graphics and visuals - they are really done well and keeps the book fresh and engaging.  Even though every page included sets I knew, the graphics kept me wanting to page forward just one more page...frankly, it was hard to put down.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  It has been hovering around the top in a few categories.  Sometimes higher, sometimes now.  There is another detailed review of the book over on The Brick Blogger, http://thebrickblogger.com/2015/11/the-ultimate-guide-to-collectible-lego-sets/.  Anna always does a great job in her articles, very detailed.

I would like to ask again that if some of our members that have purchased the book through Amazon can leave a review (hopefully a positive one) that would helpful. Ed and I would really appreciate it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Here is a link to buy the book on our publishers website at a pretty nice discount, only $13.50.  I did not do a checkout, so I am not sure what happens with Tax/Shipping.

http://www.krausebooks.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-lego-sets-ebook

No tax, no shipping. Very simple and painless with Paypal, $13.50 later I am officially not a slacker with regard to this any longer. :)

Oh and this too...

FW_thankyoucoupon.jpg

Edited by Grynn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Mack said:

Here is a link to buy the book on our publishers website at a pretty nice discount, only $13.50.  I did not do a checkout, so I am not sure what happens with Tax/Shipping.

http://www.krausebooks.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-lego-sets-ebook

Looks like an eBook?

SKUT8645

Author/Speaker/EditorEd Maciorowski and Jeff Maciorowski

File Type PDF

ISBN 139781440244858

Number Of Pages 256

http://www.krausebooks.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-lego-sets

This one is a paperback. Same price. :)

If you add the paperback to the cart, it's $3.99 ($3 per shipment + $0.99 per item) for shipping. Good deal for ordering multiple books.

Shipping Rates and Delivery Times

Orders are shipped within 2-4 business days

Standard Shipping
$3.00 Per Shipment, $0.99 Per Item
Delivery within 7 to 10 business days

Ground (United States)
$8.99 Per Shipment, $0.99 Per Item
Delivery within 3 to 5 business days; no P.O. boxes

2 Day (United States)
$9.99 Per Shipment, $1.99 Per Item
Delivery within 2 to 3 business days; no P.O. boxes

Standard Overnight (United States)
$12.99 Per Shipment, $4.99 Per Item
Delivery within 1 to 2 business days; no P.O. boxes

International Air Printed Matter 
$2.00 Per Shipment, $9.00 Per Item ($5.00 Per CD, DVD or Magazine)
Delivery within 4-6 weeks

Products that ship from our retail partners may have additional shipping charges

Edited by cissi