First Copy of the Brickpicker Book is in the House

7 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

What a tease :)

I meant to ask this earlier, who designed the artwork for the cover?  Was there any debate about which sets to include or showcase?  Was this all on the publisher?

We all collaborated on the cover.  No debate really...To put the most iconic LEGO set of all time on the cover was a no brainer.  The publisher gave us a lot of leeway.  It didn't hurt that the new STAR WARS movie including the Falcon was coming out a month after the book is released.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

It's getting more real now.  Finally got some copies delivered.  A few will be going out for review. Obviously Mom and Dad get one too.  At least they can say their kids were able to accomplish something with their lives!

Jeff you might want to send me one copy ;)  , I will translate it to Spanish and  then you can start selling it in all Latin America !  And all those new "investors" will buy from me  to get all those EOL'd Sets they missed...... Win/Win !!  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Any hidden Easter eggs in the book like TRUTH, hotcakes or QFLL or did you keep it strictly professional ? :-)

I really discussed the sets/themes and what makes them successful...or unsuccessful.  As I stated earlier, the emphasis was not on the tricks of LEGO investing or flipping.  The publisher wanted a book on collectibles because that's what they specialize in.  

• Like 2

On 10/13/2015, 4:36:29, snot said:

Preordered.  Thanks for running BP!

I skimmed across and read that as "ruining BP" - was getting ready to retort something like "well, that's a bit premature, innit?"  :jester:

Looking forward to this.

Edited by Battrax
  • Like 1