First Copy of the Brickpicker Book is in the House

On 11/11/2015, 6:16:11, Jeff Mack said:

Huw over at Brickset just posted a great review of the book.  http://brickset.com/article/17591/The-Ultimate-Guide-to-Collectable-LEGO-sets

We shipped him out a review copy and I know I am very happy that he liked the book.  Huw knows his LEGO and I have met him on a few occasions.  He loves LEGO and is very serious about it and his site which is why it is the most popular LEGO site out there. Getting a nod of approval from him means a lot to me.

Funny to read all the butthurt in the comment section.  What's funny is I would bet nearly every Lego "collector" has sold something on ebay/CL/Amazon, what have you, and made money on it.  Then talk out the other side of their mouth and claim resellers are the devil. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Funny to read all the butthurt in the comment section.  What's funny is I would bet nearly every Lego "collector" has sold something on ebay/CL/Amazon, what have you, and made money on it.  Then talk out the other side of their mouth and claim resellers are the devil. 

That's half the fun of visiting /r/lego on Reddit.  For all the "resellers are the scum of the earth comments"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Thank you!

Also.....

Books are starting to ship from Target.  If you ordered one from Target or want to use your Red Card to save 5%, you can do that now.

http://www.target.com/p/the-ultimate-guide-to-collectible-lego-sets-paperback/-/A-26395591

Thanks -- I ordered one through Target.  Looking forward to reading it given the rave reviews.

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

And the few that remain are people who are just bitter that it's not something they can financially pull off - but would if they could in a heart beat!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Another great review of the book has been posted on Dr Dave Watford's blog Gimme LEGO.  I have met Dr Dave, and let me tell you, the man knows his LEGO :)

http://gimmelego.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/a-good-investment.html

How appropriate (or inappropriate lol) would it be for someone to post a review of the book in the site?

9 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Another great review of the book has been posted on Dr Dave Watford's blog Gimme LEGO.  I have met Dr Dave, and let me tell you, the man knows his LEGO

http://gimmelego.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/a-good-investment.html

How appropriate (or inappropriate lol) would it be for someone to post a review of the book in the site?

Fine, as long as it's a good one. LOL

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok so what happened is that DHL sent my copy of the book to the wrong dispatching center apparently, looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow to have it in my hands. This is the second time in a row in a week that DHL has this type of problem with shipping items in the center of Milan (and the other case that happened to me was regarding the shipping of a MISB 7191 so you can imagine how angry I got at the beginning)

:(

Received my copy last week and I'm really enjoying reading the texts next to the many sets shown in the book. Getting a lot of useful information about what qualities in a set make it a future winner.

Will be interesting to have a refresh of the book in a few years, both to update the texts to match the changed situations and see how the prices have developed since the first edition, and to include the interesting sets from 2015 and (possibly by then) 2016 that weren't included in the first edition of the book.

• Like 1

I am more on the collectors side than on the investors side (pls don't beat me up for this :D) and I guess this is actually the main reason why I've bought the book: understand how you guys see Lego Bricks.

Looking at this from a different angle - your perspective - should teach me something that I don't know yet and this should lead me for sure being richer than before (whatever "richer" could mean!).

6 minutes ago, Anakin_Skywalker said:

I am more on the collectors side than on the investors side (pls don't beat me up for this :D) and I guess this is actually the main reason why I've bought the book: understand how you guys see Lego Bricks.

Looking at this from a different angle - your perspective - should teach me something that I don't know yet and this should lead me for sure being richer than before (whatever "richer" could mean!).

Me too.  The book is geared towards collectors, but it translates to investors as well.