Nexo Knights 2016

TheOrcKing

Just curious ... Shouldn't Nexo Knights have its own theme topic here on the forum under Investing & Collecting, just like Chima and Ninjago have their own theme topics too?

I don't think Nexo Knights is considered as merely a sub-theme within the Castle theme by LEGO after all. And it will be much more convenient to keep track of all the different sets within the Nexo Nights theme!

Question for the mods: @exciter1 @TheOrcKing @Alpinemaps @stephen_rockefeller   

Yeah, poor Maggie, Lisa & Bart weren't able to find a theme topic either...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Haay said:

The Simpsons weren't/aren't marketed by LEGO as a big theme with a cartoon series, mobile apps and major promotions. That's the big difference...

Totally irrelevant but OK. 26 years on TV. Not enough history, I guess... :)

Back to Nexo Knights, people seem to like them, now lets see if they bring in big money... :)

20 minutes ago, Haay said:

The Simpsons weren't/aren't marketed by LEGO as a big theme with a cartoon series, mobile apps and major promotions. That's the big difference...

And that is the reason there shouldn't be a theme topic for theses series here? lol... c'mon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haay said:

Just curious ... Shouldn't Nexo Knights have its own theme topic here on the forum under Investing & Collecting, just like Chima and Ninjago have their own theme topics too?

I don't think Nexo Knights is considered as merely a sub-theme within the Castle theme by LEGO after all. And it will be much more convenient to keep track of all the different sets within the Nexo Nights theme!

Question for the mods: @exciter1 @TheOrcKing @Alpinemaps @stephen_rockefeller  :) 

The mods are talking forum structure and any themes that might warrant their own forum with Jeff and Ed.  We'll let everyone know soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dcdfan said:

Totally irrelevant but OK. 26 years on TV. Not enough history, I guess... :)

Back to Nexo Knights, people seem to like them, now lets see if they bring in big money... :)

The 26 years of cartoons on TV is totally irrelevant for a LEGO Theme when LEGO doesn't create a full LEGO Theme out of it. Two sets, and a bunch of minifigs, doesn't warrant the designation of a full LEGO Theme. 

Nexo Knights on the other hand is promoted and marketed by LEGO themselves as a full blown separate theme. Just like Ninjago. Just like Chima. 

And most of us know that if a theme becomes successful the sets from the first wave in that theme tend to be less hoarded, and often turn out as really solid investments. So creating a separate Nexo Knights theme here will be good for discussing opportunities about the many Nexo sets. Except if the wise Lego investors wish to keep knowledge about under the radar Nexo sets as in-crowd secret... :derisive:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Haay said:

The 26 years of cartoons on TV is totally irrelevant for a LEGO Theme when LEGO doesn't create a full LEGO Theme out of it. Two sets, and a bunch of minifigs, doesn't warrant the designation of a full LEGO Theme. 

Nexo Knights on the other hand is promoted and marketed by LEGO themselves as a full blown separate theme. Just like Ninjago. Just like Chima. 

And most of us know that if a theme becomes successful the sets from the first wave in that theme tend to be less hoarded, and often turn out as really solid investments. So creating a separate Nexo Knights theme here will be good for discussing opportunities about the many Nexo sets. Except if the wise Lego investors wish to keep knowledge about under the radar Nexo sets as in-crowd secret... :derisive:

Appears to be a theme @ LEGO Shop at Home...

Anyway, this is so far off topic now & was really meant as a hint to the Macks so, I'm done with it. If you'd like to continue, please feel free but I will no longer reply to this discussion... :)

Simpsons theme.jpg

Edited by dcdfan

9 hours ago, dcdfan said:

Anyway, this is so far off topic now & was really meant as a hint to the Macks so, I'm done with it. If you'd like to continue, please feel free but I will no longer reply to this discussion... :)

Indeed, back to the Nexo Knights topic! Don't know about you guys, but I have the 70317 - The Fortrex set in my sights as a potentially interesting investment set, provided that Nexo Knights really takes off. :) 

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Indeed, back to the Nexo Knights topic! Don't know about you guys, but I have the 70317 - The Fortrex set in my sights as a potentially interesting investment set, provided that Nexo Knights really takes off. :) 

same here, a rolling castle sounds genius, very high playfactor for the kids. 

16 hours ago, Haay said:

I dunno.   In my opinion, if Nexo Knights and Chima have their own sub/forum, so should Simpsons...

lego didn't have to market Simpsons like Chima and Nexo because it didn't really need it outside of a few Press Releases.

• Like 1

Well , still a little sceptic about Nexo... everywhere i come the shelfs

are still full of sets :/

but indeed the castle seems like a good investment, i dont think cartoon network here is playing the show already so, it could potentially blow up

Quite logical, it's only been released three weeks back. Only time will tell on nexo Knights

4 hours ago, NicoR123 said:

Well , still a little sceptic about Nexo... everywhere i come the shelfs are still full of sets :/
but indeed the castle seems like a good investment, i dont think cartoon network here is playing the show already so, it could potentially blow up :)

Like BP already mentioned, the Nexo Knights theme has just been officially released last month. Well after the Christmas shopping spree that created shortages for popular sets. And of course LEGO needs to keep the shelves full with the Nexo Knights sets because the unavailability of certain (popular) sets in this theme would directly hurt the future success of it. Amongst children, who are the primary target of course. ;) 

As a father of two boys that are of the target age demographics for the Nexo line I can assure you all these are no Chima.   

We have several of these including the Tank/castle one and my boys go crazy.  The ninjago's have sat fro a few weeks with Nexo Knights all over the place.   Every one I have built with them is very sturdy and has awesome play-ability.  The only one that I hate so far and think is going to be broken constantly is the one that is a horse and turns into a motorcycle.  The figures are very cool.  The unique colors are extremely cool.  And the shield aspect is awesome.   

I think this line will be popular for a while.  The cartoon is awesome and once the kids get it on netflix it will even do better.  

I will buying a lot of the castle set once it gets discounted some.  I also love the car one that has two mini cycles and the sword looking ship that detaches.  This one is very fun for the kids and looks great.  Much better then any Ninjago I have built.

Plus with the new evil castle, this is a total winning line in my book.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Deeker said:

As a father of two boys that are of the target age demographics for the Nexo line I can assure you all these are no Chima.   

We have several of these including the Tank/castle one and my boys go crazy.  The ninjago's have sat fro a few weeks with Nexo Knights all over the place.   Every one I have built with them is very sturdy and has awesome play-ability.  The only one that I hate so far and think is going to be broken constantly is the one that is a horse and turns into a motorcycle.  The figures are very cool.  The unique colors are extremely cool.  And the shield aspect is awesome.   

I think this line will be popular for a while.  The cartoon is awesome and once the kids get it on netflix it will even do better.  

I will buying a lot of the castle set once it gets discounted some.  I also love the car one that has two mini cycles and the sword looking ship that detaches.  This one is very fun for the kids and looks great.  Much better then any Ninjago I have built.

Awesome! That's exactly what I like to hear! :):) :) 

On 3-2-2016 at 4:59 PM, Deeker said:

Well dear sir... u got me convinced, nice sales pitch ;-)

The problem with these sets I have as potential investor, is if i am stuck with them I would absolutely hate the colors and uselessness  of armies and figs compared to my classic castle and LOTR armies.... totally incompatible.

So passing.... Might only get a fig or two from bad guys... Moltron or what he is called. 

• 3 weeks later...

I like that the waves of sets are more or less proportional between the two factions, especially with the upcoming Jestro's Volcano Lair. I like that is has some size to it, and that they didn't just throw together a dinky little base half the size of the Fortrex to go against it. It seems to me that usually amongst the various LEGO castle themes, the sets both in quantity and size are incredibly lop-sided towards the "good guys". Like in Kingdoms several years back,  the King's Castle was nearly 1,000 pieces but the biggest thing the Dragon Knights had was only a third of that. But with the Nexo Knights sets, the two sides are roughly evenly matched, which is great for playability. 

I like that the waves of sets are more or less proportional between the two factions, especially with the upcoming Jestro's Volcano Lair. I like that is has some size to it, and that they didn't just throw together a dinky little base half the size of the Fortrex to go against it. It seems to me that usually amongst the various LEGO castle themes, the sets both in quantity and size are incredibly lop-sided towards the "good guys". Like in Kingdoms several years back,  the King's Castle was nearly 1,000 pieces but the biggest thing the Dragon Knights had was only a third of that.

...and Assault on Hoth...