Nexo Knights 2016

TheOrcKing

Just now, macpro76 said:

what are those "better sets"? :)  limited budget or not.  

The Birds offer from Target was a great one to jump on ... Buy some mazes in preparation for X-mas when that set will run out of stock and QFLLs will make a pretty penny. Drive by a couple of WMs in your neighborhood and see if they still have stuff on clearance .... just naming a few, none of them guaranteed hits but same holds for Nexo (but they might be more guaranteed than Nexo).

• Like 1

the problem with nexo knights is the quality of the cartoons.  they aren't very good.  I don't understand how they could make ninjago so well, yet bomb on chima so badly with the cartoon series.  I was really hoping they would see and learn from their mistakes from chima and make nexo knights a lot better, but so far, they have not.  the writing is too childish and immature, and that is from a child's perspective.  my son was super excited to watch them when they initially came out (me too if being honest, I love lego cartoons typically), but now doesn't care after 4-5 episodes.  the voices are weak, the storylines are lame and not following any real arc, and its quite repetitive.  every episode basically has them getting their butts handed to them by the exact same bad guys every week and then they "power up nexo knight style" and win in 2 seconds and show is over.  its just terrible.  they really need to reset the series and writing.

I write this because even though the cartoon is bad, some of the sets are terrific.  the styles are unique, fun to build, very colorful, and stay together well to play with.  I compare the sets against batman v superman, marvel superheroes, and even many star wars sets (ugh to battle of takonda, if you are ever having trouble sleeping, just look at that set or worse, build it), and they are just a lot better, but my goodness, the cartoon is not doing its job and gaining a fan base for anyone to want these sets.

The Fortrex, Clay's Rumble blade, Moltar's Lava Smasher, and the King's Mech suit are terrific sets.  I will admit Jestro's Evil Mobil was not that fun of a build and lacks playability, hence why it hit clearance first, but if they could get better writing and voices in the cartoon, these sets would be winners. 

I am an eternal optimist, and I hope they hold on for season 2 and fix these problems and make the cartoon series pop, which might then make the sets pop in value long term. 

And to end on a happy note, check out pics of Jestro's Volcana Lair.  How awesome does that look? 

• Like 4

The free Merlok 2.0 game is not bad.  This is one of those themes that are better suited as video games.

My son downloaded the Merlok app and seems to really enjoy it. He has about 8-10 hours into it this weekend.

The Lava Smasher is a cool set with a really sweet looking villain. We paid full MSRP (impulse buy).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

My 8-year old has 4 eps queued up.  I keep reminding him, but he's in no hurry to watch them apparently.  This is from a kid who still watches Chima from time-to-time.

My 4 year old is the same.  He's got a few episodes sitting there to watch, and he's watched a couple, but there are other things he'd rather watch.

He actually enjoys watching (and rewatching) the LEGO Scooby Doo movie.

My kids love the cartoon. Although I feel like I failed as a parent as they would not turn off the nexo Knights to watch the new Star Wars I went out and bought :(

my son is 5 and lives nexo Knights . My 9 year old daughter has watched them but not her first choice. My 6 year old niece and 9 year old nephew also really liked them. The 12 year old said he hated it. Figured I would share my families experience with it if anyone wanted to see around ages that liked it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I love seeing these at a discount (for my own kid) ... but I think this is an indicator that this theme is off to a slow start, and needs a "boost" to move some inventory.

Could just be that the Pilot Season/Season One sets are at a discount because the Season Two sets are coming out.

My four and eight year olds were excited about the cartoons, but lost interest after the first episode. Which is fine with me, because the voice of the evil necronomicon looking book made me want to jam pencils in my ears.

All 3 still like Ninjago though...

17 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

I tried to see if my kid had interest in Nexo Knights.... nope zero can't compete with Ninjago

Looking at your avatar I'm not sure that's a fair argument...a little biased perhaps? :wink:

For those of you who haven't bought and built any of the Nexo Knights sets I think you will be surprised. My boys, who don't have access to the show, have several sets and really like them. fwiw.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pete411 said:

I think that the Nexo Knight sets are really cool and have innovative design, with lots of playability. Buuuut, I thought the same thing about Galaxy Squad.

I was very shallow on Galaxy Squad until TRU had Crater Creepers for $3 each.  I have one of each left, but haven't built them yet.  There's always someday, right?  That's what my collection keeps telling me.

1 each is my final goal for these too.

19 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I was very shallow on Galaxy Squad until TRU had Crater Creepers for $3 each.  I have one of each left, but haven't built them yet.  There's always someday, right?  That's what my collection keeps telling me.

1 each is my final goal for these too.

I have several of these sets left as well. Still love the theme and I think the minifigs are excellent as well.

These remind me why I think Legos are stupid. There is nothing realistic here, the characters are dumb and the designs are terrible. What idiot actually thought it was a good idea to put knights and technology together. I can't believe there actually is a tv series for this garbage.

Edited by gregpj
no need for that

26 minutes ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

These remind me why I think Legos are stupid. There is nothing realistic here, the characters are dumb and the designs are terrible. What idiot actually thought it was a good idea to put knights and technology. I can't believe there actually is a tv series for this garbage.

You must be having a bad day. Even if the theme is not good for investment (we won't know yet anyway) kids seem to like them. I see kids in my toys r us buying them all the time. My kids love them too. The colors are neat, the bad guys are good and there are lots of neat features to the sets. 

Anyway I am fairly certain you may not be in the right site for talking about shooting people. That may work on some websites but I have not seen that talk around here much. 

It reminds me of playing space Cowboys when I was little but space castle or something :)

25 minutes ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

These remind me why I think Legos are stupid. There is nothing realistic here, the characters are dumb and the designs are terrible. What idiot actually thought it was a good idea to put knights and technology together. I can't believe there actually is a tv series for this garbage.

Whether you like them or not, keep it PG please or you'll find your posts suddenly disappear like magic. :sorcerer:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

Wow, if you go into toy investing with heavy biases you won't get very far.

2 hours ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

"Heeeere's your sign!"
dont feed the troll.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, phat64 said:

lol at all the replies to this guy. Esp. the guy who thought his post wasn't PG.  Stupid, Garbage, Terrible is PG bro.

You mean the Moderator who went in and changed the original words to Stupid, Garbage, Terrible so that it was PG? Because the original words weren't.

• Like 1

lol at all the replies to this guy. Esp. the guy who thought his post wasn't PG.  Stupid, Garbage, Terrible is PG bro.

I guarantee you the original post was out of line with BP policies. Zod's skating a fine line but he's entitled to his warped opinions as long as he keeps it PG.

Thanks for your concern.

2016041 alt=15a9c84f8ae993ae4ea3122606f3439c.jpg

I bet you will get it soon...

• Like 1