Nexo Knights 2016

TheOrcKing

2 hours ago, waddamon said:

The two biggest sets are cool.  Everyone bashed the last castle line when they came out, said they were poor sellers and no one likes castles anymore.  Well go look at those prices.  Best rule is do your own research.  Buy em cheap.

This exactly. It's fun to bash them, but there will be some sleepers in there for sure. Look at Ultra Agents, another random line that has a number of hits across the past Agents sets.

2 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

This exactly. It's fun to bash them, but there will be some sleepers in there for sure. Look at Ultra Agents, another random line that has a number of hits across the past Agents sets.

If there are any Nexo sets with no availability outside of the US and a six month window, then maybe.

Just now, pete411 said:

If there are any Nexo sets with no availability outside of the US and a six month window, then maybe.

Disagree. I'm not saying they'll all be winners. I'm saying some easily obtainable at a discount sets will probably show a good profit. Happened with Chima as well. Fortrex is probably the best example from this line IMO. 

I agree with you that the Fortrex is a really cool set. I've seen it on display and that's almost enough to make me want to pick one up for myself and pla, err build it and display it. I just think that it would do much better if it was a straight up Castle set. Hats off to Lego for trying something different but people like the same old same old. That's why the same Star Wars sets still sell after the fifth rehash. 

Now im just sitting here waiting for my Galaxy Squad collection to appreciate past RRP :)

2 hours ago, pete411 said:

I agree with you that the Fortrex is a really cool set. I've seen it on display and that's almost enough to make me want to pick one up for myself and pla, err build it and display it. I just think that it would do much better if it was a straight up Castle set. Hats off to Lego for trying something different but people like the same old same old. That's why the same Star Wars sets still sell after the fifth rehash. 

Now im just sitting here waiting for my Galaxy Squad collection to appreciate past RRP :)

You do know that the Target exclusive set Murlock's Library MSRP $25 allows you to convert the fortrex into a full castle. I went this route and bought extra Fortrex from Amazon when they had their 2 for the price of 1 sale. 

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Exactly, one would have to have amazing skill/luck to avoid all the blue and purple hot spots to get one hidden gem that might just pay off what they spent on all the turds.

No luck needed just knowing some basic lego strategy allows you to already triple up on one of these current sets FBA.  

So what´s everyone been buying-in at for the two flagship sets (Jestro´s Volcanic Lair and Fortrex)? My personal best is 85 euros (225 RRP)  but I could have had them for 75.

Anyone managed 70% off or better?

Edited by Val-E

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 8:54 PM, Val-E said:

So what´s everyone been buying-in at for the two flagship sets (Jestro´s Volcanic Lair and Fortrex)? My personal best is 85 euros (225 RRP)  but I could have had them for 75.

Anyone managed 70% off or better?

Bought three Fortrex for 26.66 a piece. 

I'm probably gonna part them out. 

• Like 1

I will say this, I was expecting a lot of these sets to make it to under 50% off, but so far, in my neck of the woods, most of them seem to be moving off the shelves at 50% off. 30% not quite enough to move them, but not bad enough to make it lower.

I have still avoided the theme personally (except for one Fortrex), and my buy in is till 66% or better, but it seems to at least be faring better than Galaxy Squad/Ultra Agents/Angry Birds/Chima in terms of demand. 

I have a sneaking suspicion many of these sets may linger at TRU for a very long time. But we shall see.

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Has anyone got them for free or been paid to take them?

Yes, I have gotten all of the Nexo sets available at TRU for "Free" using my rewards. 

As @fossilrock said why don't you chill out on the negativity. Perhaps take a self imposed time out and build a lego set for fun. If you lived in the USA I would send you a Fortrex. 

• Like 3