Nexo Knights 2016

TheOrcKing

My 2 cents on the app - great for making a 7 year old want to cry. It tends to crash a lot when trying to scan in the shields. We have one of the cheap Kindle's for him, which is buggy in its own way, but I think the app needs a couple of bug fixes.

He absolutely loves the sets. Only have a couple of the ultimate figs, and one of the small sets, but he is dying to get the newer ones. If Christmas was this month instead of last he'd be asking for the Fortrex for sure.

Whoever designed these sets did a terrific job.  We now have 4 sets and couldnt be more satisfied.  Super creative, colorful, can be played with without falling apart, and nice accessories for the minifigs too.  Zero complaints on this line so far.

Edited by waydog
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:55 PM, staggs9696 said:

For all of you who are wondering whether the app or the show are good, I finished the current available content of the app in a day of intense farming just to see the potential of it, and I watched the 2 currently available episodes of the show. Here are my thoughts, may they help you assess the value of these sets if you think they have any influence on it.

Wow. That is a fantastic review, you should try and turn it into a blog post. 

• Like 1

Don't feel like reading the entire topic but I just read the last page and the comments on Nexo knights seem to be very positive. 

What are everyone's view on nexo knights as an investment? 

The Fortrex will probably be a good investment? 

1 hour ago, BP said:

Don't feel like reading the entire topic but I just read the last page and the comments on Nexo knights seem to be very positive. 

What are everyone's view on nexo knights as an investment? 

The Fortrex will probably be a good investment? 

It's easy: don't buy anything now, wait until their nearing end of production, then we'll have more information on their popularity. Only exception to this is if you find some for dirt cheap which you probably won't.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, staggs9696 said:

Only exception to this is if you find some for dirt cheap which you probably won't.

Quite certain I will tho, we have one store here in Belgium who gives crazy prices now and then. 

I picked up Three Slave I's in oktober for 140 euro each. 

I have to say I initially wrote these off quick but they are growing on me.  I love me the trans-orange pieces and canopies.  Take me back to Ice Planet and the golden days of LEGO space.  Will definitely be picking up some for parts at the very least.

Investment is doubtful.  The stars will be 70315 Rumble Blade (looks awesome) and 70317 Fortrex (a rolling castle, very unique and likely to stay that way for awhile).  In my opinion at least.

as i look at the videos of various sets, it stirred the little boy in me. A castle on wheeled tracks?! Holy cow, how cool is that! Showed my son, and he said its crazy, in an bemused manner. He wants to play with the fortrex set and i can imagine this will be his favorite for a while.

The fortrex set can be combined with another small set to form a complete square shape castle. I am beginning to think that this series could be more popular than chima. A few fathers might just want to buy it "for their kids" 

2 hours ago, chipbee said:

as i look at the videos of various sets, it stirred the little boy in me. A castle on wheeled tracks?! Holy cow, how cool is that! Showed my son, and he said its crazy, in an bemused manner. He wants to play with the fortrex set and i can imagine this will be his favorite for a while.

The fortrex set can be combined with another small set to form a complete square shape castle. I am beginning to think that this series could be more popular than chima. A few fathers might just want to buy it "for their kids" 

My brother bought some Chima sets for his oldest son, and he complained to me that while Chima looks cool, it's quite fragile to actually play with. He meant that parts of the set constantly fall off, get loose, etc. Makes me wonder if it's the same with the Nexo Knights sets, or whether sets in this new series are sturdier for actual play.

58 minutes ago, Haay said:

My brother bought some Chima sets for his oldest son, and he complained to me that while Chima looks cool, it's quite fragile to actually play with. He meant that parts of the set constantly fall off, get loose, etc. Makes me wonder if it's the same with the Nexo Knights sets, or whether sets in this new series are sturdier for actual play.

It seems that more technics pieces are used with nexo sets than chima sets, so I guess they will be a bit more sturdy.

I've built the set 70312 and it's ok, some parts (feet especially) sometimes fall off but no problem with the overall structure.

The weakest structures are the tiny robot arms, they are made of soft plastic and fall off very easily. Annoying.

Edited by biniou

2 hours ago, Haay said:

I think this is universal across all lego sets in that pieces tend to get loose during play. My kid has great fun meshing up the pieces to form new crazy weapons systems all the time. And nexo knights is right up his alley. I presume this is how kids play as their minds are much less constrained than adults.

Just curious ... Shouldn't Nexo Knights have its own theme topic here on the forum under Investing & Collecting, just like Chima and Ninjago have their own theme topics too?

I don't think Nexo Knights is considered as merely a sub-theme within the Castle theme by LEGO after all. And it will be much more convenient to keep track of all the different sets within the Nexo Nights theme!

Question for the mods: @exciter1 @TheOrcKing @Alpinemaps @stephen_rockefeller  :) 

6 minutes ago, Haay said:

Just curious ... Shouldn't Nexo Knights have its own theme topic here on the forum under Investing & Collecting, just like Chima and Ninjago have their own theme topics too?

I don't think Nexo Knights is considered as merely a sub-theme within the Castle theme by LEGO after all. And it will be much more convenient to keep track of all the different sets within the Nexo Nights theme!

Question for the mods: @exciter1 @TheOrcKing @Alpinemaps @stephen_rockefeller  :) 

Yes, what say ye @Jeff Mack?

• Like 1