Nexo Knights 2016

TheOrcKing

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems somebody 'in the know' over at Eurobricks has seen the preliminary images for these sets. However since most (LEGO) sites are not allowed to post such and the fact I can't find said preliminaries myself, the main source of reputation has given some hint full descriptions. (There were a number of roughly drawn yet better than nothing sketches showing these placeholders but since even those were considered as 'too close' to the prototypes, the drawings have been removed.)

One of the most important hints for this upcoming theme is it could not be any farther from steampunk. If anything every bit pretty much is Castle with a little bit of future tech blended in. Fans of Ice Planet will love seeing plenty of translucent neon orange making a return which is a plus in my book. You can read a more thorough summarization of the set descriptions given courtesy of The Brick Fan.

I was fortunate enough to catch the rough drawings before being taken down. The robo-horse is a small-medium Technic sort of skeleton build with a knight rider, there is an evil 'beastmaster' character in a monster podracer chariot of sorts being towed by two big critters looking like Chomp Chomp from the Super Mario Brothers series, wicked leader Jestro is driving a personal vehicle mashup between Joker's Steamroller and the Troll Battle Wheel fighting against a knight atop his robo-dragon, one of the knights was in a personal flying craft with the appearance of a sword itself including two mini robo-knights sitting to either side, and to top the whole theme off for the largest set is a castle tank. I s**t you not, in short think of the Sandcrawler but as a medieval fortress with archer towers instead of a roving brown box. Oh and it has a drawbridge too!

Now I can understand why someone originally mentioned "fantasy" at the start of this theme's rumors seeing how the theme is a mix of fantasy and science fiction which is about time actually. It has been done in books and film so why not LEGO? Of course here is the part where I expect the usual comments to begin for anything outside the norm. Also considering this theme is not really Space but more related to Castle after all, I think this topic is in need of a transfer.

To me, the description sounded like the Legends of Chima line but with the animal characters being replaced by knights

Well it is replacing the Legends of Chima line after all and every vehicle is 'grounded' instead of zipping through the wonders of space or at least not in this wave which there is a second one already planned.

Talk about mixing Castle and Space into a blender with some inspiration from those crazy 80s toy lines. The good guys color scheme is pretty much Ice Planet which was a nice choice of colors to begin with. It certainly will be nice being able to get some brand new translucent orange pieces considering the last ones were made a decade ago and that visor windscreen is f'ing sweet. I enjoyed Chima for what it was but futuristic knights and forts kicks their ass. So many vibrant colors make these pop out compared to the closest theme of space with little else but gray, gray, and more gray. Admittedly these proto shots aren't the best but even still the potential shines through.

Wow...I am not sure about these just yet. The quality of the TV show will be the deciding factor in this lines longevity I would think. Though the parts look wild from what little I can see so far. @TheOrcKing yeah the windscreen is sweet! This could do well on BL maybe but in the investing field I would say no way but you never know. Also, I don't see a picture of the castle on tracks. Those sets are all medium to small sized and where are the minifigures arms! Oh they are not traditional minifigures more like droids with regualr heads.

Isn't there maybe a moving castle in the background on the left side?

Anyhow this theme looks as if it will be a big disappointment for me. Probably won't get any of these sets but for the parts (if I find some useable parts ;-) ).

The moving castle might still be cool but what I can see thus far makes me wanna doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

With the new images I've seen (actually just one new image!) I'm at least slightly interested in the minifigs!

At least Jestro looks pretty cool!

certainly has potential.  the minis do not look so over done as to not fit in a traditional castle theme with a most minor tweaks, or stand on their own.  will have to see what the actual sets are like.

With the new images I've seen (actually just one new image!) I'm at least slightly interested in the minifigs!

At least Jestro looks pretty cool!

Captain Nexo and the Knights of the Future! :biggrin: (I wonder if anyone will get the reference.) Those figures look great even if this is just an illustration and you can see a frontal glimpse at the moving castle set. All of the baddies having that creepy smile can almost a little disturbing though like they are the result from one of Joker's smiling gas bomb attacks. Haha. Now I'm wondering how long before someone (here or elsewhere) brings up the "jellybean knights" from Knights Kingdom comparison.

Captain Nexo and the Knights of the Future! :biggrin: (I wonder if anyone will get the reference.) Those figures look great even if this is just an illustration and you can see a frontal glimpse at the moving castle set. All of the baddies having that creepy smile can almost a little disturbing though like they are the result from one of Joker's smiling gas bomb attacks. Haha. Now I'm wondering how long before someone (here or elsewhere) brings up the "jellybean knights" from Knights Kingdom comparison.

I came here to say the same thing, this is Knight's Kingdom on Space steroids, and it's dumb.

• Like 2

I was watching fast and furious 7 and it was so bad that i almost turned it off but it was so bad that i had to see it thru just to see how dumb the movie could get and it was so bad that it became hilarious and good.  I get that same feeling with nexo knights so far...maybe it will be so bad it turns out to be good.  I am a glass is half full kinda guy.