75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

Meanwhile, in Europe the price is stuck at 95 euros and the number of sellers has also increased since Xmas. It will likely stay that way till the full line retires as sets such as IR represent better bang for buck. Call back in a year though and we should have some arctic plane like values.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cladner said:

there is limit 1 so i am guess they found another stash ;) or its a redirect from canada?

afaik, last seal code on these were 24R5 or 27R5 or around that time no? [ have we seen anything of R6 or 5xR5 ? unless i am mistaken... if there is another batch then screwed will be a better word 

Edited by newbie77

25 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

I always find these in my WM's listed for $49.00. That's $9.01 more than retail. 

You sure that isn't Raptor Rampage?

Just now, Huskers1236 said:

Are they going to have to literally stamp "Lego" on the set before Lego does something about it?  This is ridiculous.

I often wonder that myself. By all means, let's put our resources into banning paying customers but turn a blind eye to inferior products coming out of China at a fraction of the price that undermine the quality standards the company has set over many decades.  Not to mention how these products are widely available and even sometimes promoted on Amazon and eBay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

And they're too lazy to use their own pictures too! Those are pictures of the real LEGO set, just blurry.

How can you tell those are LEGO pics? I saw some knock off Poe's Xwing pics. I couldnt decide if they were using LEGO stock photos or just getting very good at their reproduction.

also dont forget the kindlyl tip on RE KO listing

Kindly Tip :
1, Children should be warning in adult care use. do not put toys, thrown each  other. small parts do not eat, lest produce risk events. toys like found  damaged, please be careful save or recycled. avoid fell into, exposure to  the sun, damp.
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

also dont forget the kindlyl tip on RE KO listing

Kindly Tip :
1, Children should be warning in adult care use. do not put toys, thrown each  other. small parts do not eat, lest produce risk events. toys like found  damaged, please be careful save or recycled. avoid fell into, exposure to  the sun, damp.

Are they selling toys, or flooring from Lumber Liquidators?

1 minute ago, Deadfraggle said:

How can you tell those are LEGO pics? I saw some knock off Poe's Xwing pics. I couldnt decide if they were using LEGO stock photos or just getting very good at their reproduction.

Well the first one isn't a copy, it's their own crappy recreation. Here's the original - look at the shadows and the angle of the 1x2 black handle piece on the tipped platform.
http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/jurassicworld/-/media/franchises/jurassic%202014/products/overview/75920_360w_2x.png?l.r2=1487787154

But the second one is a copy of the S@H picture... http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Raptor-Escape-75920

The others are cuts from larger photos you can find in google. :)

I have a very hard time believing they'd copy the images so perfectly rather than just ripping off the source material. Making sure they're a little blurry also ensure you can't read "LEGO" on the ATV tires. I can't find it now, but I found a picture of the ATV at that angle earlier and the printing was in the same place. Would they really go to that much trouble?

I don't normally care, but I was just curious as the pictures just looked too familiar.

I often wonder that myself. By all means, let's put our resources into banning paying customers but turn a blind eye to inferior products coming out of China at a fraction of the price that undermine the quality standards the company has set over many decades.  Not to mention how these products are widely available and even sometimes promoted on Amazon and eBay.

There is an article on brickset that talks about someone contacting Lego about eBay listings of fake Lego. The author sent links, and Lego responded by pulling the ads. Apparently they have a tough time monitoring all of the knockoffs, but will respond when listings are brought to their attention. I would urge anyone concerned about this to in fact contact Lego . I think if enough of us do this maybe we can get some of these listings pulled, and maybe those eBay members banned. Same goes for Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a set of the RE knock-off and it arrived today.  I've never had a Lego knockoff in my hands before, and I wanted to see what we're dealing with here.  First impressions: I'm a bit worried.  I kind of expected a horribly stinky bag full of loose parts with no instructions.  I was surprised to find a (yes) smelly bag full of nicely organized parts in 10 "parts bags" + 2 raptors, and a single, nicely printed full color instruction booklet.  (The real McCoy has 4 bags + 2 raptors, 1 sticker sheet, and 2 manuals). The fake raptors come pre-assembled and (inside their unopened bags) are very hard to tell from the originals. Minifigures come with heads pre-attached, and colors are a bit "off". But overall, appears to be a fair quality copy of the original.  I plan to build it with my son later, so I may give my final impressions once that is done.  All the sealed bags (no manual) weighed 366 grams, identical to the four sealed bags of a genuine set I have opened. The fake raptors weigh 22 grams each (didn't weigh a genuine one).  Now, I'm not too worried as a collector / investor.  I think our customers want the real thing, not a copy.  But still...

fre2.jpg

fre3.jpg

fre4.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I ordered a set of the RE knock-off and it arrived today.  I've never had a Lego knockoff in my hands before, and I wanted to see what we're dealing with here.  First impressions: I'm a bit worried.  I kind of expected a horribly stinky bag full of loose parts with no instructions.  I was surprised to find a (yes) smelly bag full of nicely organized parts in 10 "parts bags" + 2 raptors, and a single, nicely printed full color instruction booklet.  (The real McCoy has 4 bags + 2 raptors, 1 sticker sheet, and 2 manuals). The fake raptors come pre-assembled and (inside their unopened bags) are very hard to tell from the originals. Minifigures come with heads pre-attached, and colors are a bit "off". But overall, appears to be a fair quality copy of the original.  I plan to build it with my son later, so I may give my final impressions once that is done.  All the sealed bags (no manual) weighed 366 grams, identical to the four sealed bags of a genuine set I have opened. The fake raptors weigh 22 grams each (didn't weigh a genuine one).  Now, I'm not too worried as a collector / investor.  I think our customers want the real thing, not a copy.  But still..

Wheres the: "I like this, but also don't like this" button when you need it!

• Like 3