75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

15 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I asked them to consolidate these two listings on multiple occasions.  The listings were split out a few weeks ago.  Amazon has moved some listings around and not at the request of the sellers.

if i understand correctly, UPC are different for the product releases. [ sets released in europe have/had different codes than released in US ] in this case also its very possible that the "japanese" release has a different UPC hence different ASIN.

amazon will never merge those two UPC's. they will simply say its a separate product. It is valid UPC.

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've caved a bunch, sell 5, bump price, sell 2 bump price, sell 5 bump price, and the cycle continues.

I've done the same.  It's hard not too when you are earning about 120% profit.  I've also caved by pairing them with the GT's..  But I still have decent stock left, and would like to sell a few out once it gets over 200, and by that point, we should finally start seeing the rest of the Jurassic theme starting to rise.

I'm ready for the Trex tracker and IR's to be profitable.

• Like 1

The right time to sell is when you feel happy with the price you will get for it.

Arctic plane, which was a similar priced short run set from 2015 continues to appreciate but it´s non licensed. When JW line disappears this winter, RE will have no direct competition to cap its price so I expect that winter 2017 will be the optimum time and that prices won´t go up much more after that. Another movie and wave of licensed sets is a risk not to be discounted.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

There will be more raptors produced by Lego, but no other Zombie Bride. Personally, I don't feel like RE has much going for it but the scarcity. The set itself is kind of "meh." I think it's going to be a nice hold for some, but sales volume has dropped way off. "Caving" isn't necessarily a bad thing--it's more of market timing. 

That's true.  I don't know why people would pay 230 for that set.  I even think shelling more than 50 for that set is obscene, but hey, if they want to buy them at that, more power to them. 

I don't know if Lego will get the Jurassic World license again though.  I wouldn't doubt if Megabloks takes it over since the license went to mattel.  I just don't see mattel handing the theme to their competitor, so that would leave a generic lego theme as the only way to get a future raptor, but they won't be Jurassic World versions, so who knows what will happen.  That's why I think the tiered selling  approach is a smart way to do things.  As the set prices rise, and if you have stock, sell some off as it rises and catch the profit wave along the crest.  I could see them being a very slow seller when it hits a 200 price point.

13 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I've done the same.  It's hard not too when you are earning about 120% profit.  I've also caved by pairing them with the GT's..  But I still have decent stock left, and would like to sell a few out once it gets over 200, and by that point, we should finally start seeing the rest of the Jurassic theme starting to rise.

I'm ready for the Trex tracker and IR's to be profitable.

i hope you don't have lot of those stashed. i personally don't see any of the other JW sets to perform/(outperform) for this holiday. just too much supply. 

and when they are ready for some boost new line will appear :( ... 

i believe 75918 will be the dragger of the entire line... 

8 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

i hope you don't have lot of those stashed. i personally don't see any of the other JW sets to perform/(outperform) for this holiday. just too much supply. 

and when they are ready for some boost new line will appear :( ... 

i believe 75918 will be the dragger of the entire line... 

Jurassic World (mostly buying way too many TREX trackers when they were the scarcest in the line and not flipping but holding them during that time last summer) and Simpsons series 2 remain my two biggest mistakes.  I just take solace in that I also made decent choices with fallingwater, farnsworth house, AT-AT's, Lonely Mountains, and ISD's as those were the other sets I bought the most of last year.

5 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Jurassic World (mostly buying way too many TREX trackers when they were the scarcest in the line and not flipping but holding them during that time last summer) and Simpsons series 2 remain my two biggest mistakes.  I just take solace in that I also made decent choices with fallingwater, farnsworth house, AT-AT's, Lonely Mountains, and ISD's as those were the other sets I bought the most of last year.

its the name of the game. win some lose some.. we can only hope that we are able to select more winners vs losers .... 

regardless you are good that you have more winners. { not in my case :( ... more losers and shelf warmers LOL}

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

There will be more raptors produced by Lego, but no other Zombie Bride. Personally, I don't feel like RE has much going for it but the scarcity. The set itself is kind of "meh." I think it's going to be a nice hold for some, but sales volume has dropped way off. "Caving" isn't necessarily a bad thing--it's more of market timing. 

Agree.  I consider the Zombies more unique and thus more collectible (and the entire MF line).  I am surprised at the performance of RE. That being said, my two remaining RE sets are still aging on eBay, reaching their prime.

• Like 1

On June 16, 2016 at 11:53 PM, newbie77 said:

this set will get eventual boost when other JW sets retire. i believe this set will see about $150 by october of 2016 [that's when i expect other JW lines to disappear]. its uptick will be limited to $150 [ that's when overseas supply will start appearing in US market ]

still holding on to my post from back in JUNE 2016.. this set will max @ 150 :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 27/9/2016 at 7:23 PM, newbie77 said:

still holding on to my post from back in JUNE 2016.. this set will max @ 150 :)

Bad news for you. Min ebay eu price is now 146 euros plus shipping. Astonished noone is saying more about this set as it may be our first 4x rrp er for a while.

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Bad news for you. Min ebay eu price is now 146 euros plus shipping. Astonished noone is saying more about this set as it may be our first 4x rrp er for a while.

Oh yeah then you should buy all of those at us $ 119 and lower from Amazon USA and drop ship them to Europe.

good luck. I will still stand by us $ 150 as a ceiling 

you haven't looked at 30320 it reached 49,99 I.e. Over 12X RRP so this is nothing ;)

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2016 at 5:19 PM, newbie77 said:

Oh yeah then you should buy all of those at us $ 119 and lower from Amazon USA and drop ship them to Europe.

good luck. I will still stand by us $ 150 as a ceiling 

you haven't looked at 30320 it reached 49,99 I.e. Over 12X RRP so this is nothing ;)

Now selling for 170 euros in Europe on Ebay and we have hit the magic less than 10 sellers number both on Ebay AND bricklink. I don´t believe it will get to 200, that would be 4xRRP insanity.

Edited by Val-E