75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

• 4 weeks later...

How is this one doing in the US lately? In Europe price has stabilised around 2xrrp after the xmas rush but stocks are gradually depleting. If the other JW sets are retired this summer, I expect further growth as it is likely being capped by having better value sets available.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

One of my biggest mistakes of 2015 was dumping these at Christmas.

I've sold through a bunch of them at various price points since last Fall and I still have some listed, but I have some set aside for long-term too.

I did order max 5 on this set at S@H more than once and got lucky.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

One of my biggest mistakes of 2015 was dumping these at Christmas.

i won't call it a biggest mistake. i believe you sold at a profit and decided to move the $ to another/better investment or item. [ hind-sight is always 20/20 ]

you decided not to take risk by reinvesting that profit and initial investment and reloading in march ;).

45 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I actually thought it looked terrible compared to the other JW sets :dontknow:

We, built it and it's terribly small. I actually added on to the containment cage to make it significant enough to hold the raptors.  I can see why parents would be upset when it took their kids a 1/2 hour to build it.  You are basically buying the exclusive raptors.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, exciter1 said:

We, built it and it's terribly small. I actually added on to the containment cage to make it significant enough to hold the raptors.  I can see why parents would be upset when it took their kids a 1/2 hour to build it.  You are basically buying the exclusive raptors.

Totally agree.  It's too small.

Before it retired, I was able to buy 2 set lot w/o the raptors on eBay to go with with a used complete set.  Combining three 75920 sets is probably the way to go.  

I still wonder why Owen wasn't included in this set also.  Anyway, that's another story. 

I sold my first ones as a lot of 7 on Brickclassifieds (July 2015) for about $381 plus shipping... made about $5 each.  I remember the buyer said, "I you sure you want to do this?"

That's OK... I did much better on the next 40 or so... and still kept a small stack for myself. :)

demand for this set seems inexhaustible.  sold 8 in the last 4 days for $99.99 + $4.99 shipping each FBA..

still have 9  left.  how high can this go - 150-200?  1 million dollars?  infinity + 1?

love sets like this that are made of money but sad to see my supply dwindle down.  cue newbie77's "final uptick" comment.

what will this years Raptor Escape be?  it's out there right now sitting on the shelves.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

demand for this set seems inexhaustible.  sold 8 in the last 4 days for $99.99 + $4.99 shipping each FBA..

still have 9  left.  how high can this go - 150-200?  1 million dollars?  infinity + 1?

love sets like this that are made of money but sad to see my supply dwindle down.  cue newbie77's "final uptick" comment.

what will this years Raptor Escape be?  it's out there right now sitting on the shelves.

If you think hard and long enough you will figure it out.

• Like 1