75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

17 minutes ago, stacknitup said:

So I was mistaken. Went back to my WM this morning and no 75920. I did talk to one of the workers to see if they were going to get any and she stated that next week they are doing a whole new display for JW and they will be putting out more sets. She didn't know why. Any thoughts? 

There's supposed to be some new JW toys from Hasbro this year, could be that, but otherwise no idea.

15 hours ago, stacknitup said:

Thanks. My local WM must have either gotten a shipment or putting out older stock. I can get 75915, 75916, 75917, 75918, 75919, 75920. My thought is this is going to be a longer term investment. I think they are making another movie, but not sure of the release date. 

please report back the seal codes as 43R5 when you get them so i can post antonio meme again.

JW except RE has been widely restocked at targets and walmarts everywhere i frequent - its been nice to be able to load up on all minty boxes.  i am a kool-aid drinker on this theme and have a dozen of each set to bundle and a dozen extra RE stashed for holding for between now and

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYQvkR-yTIUOEIk_gLtUx

Edited by cladner

This set is now retired in the US.  I dumped mine at Christmas to realize a small profit.  I wasn't convinced they were gone for good and I didn't want to hold for another year.  I also needed the storage and capital to make some other investments.  Calculated risk that may or may not pay off.

Hopefully those that held onto this set will capitalize on some nice gains this year and beyond.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Be sure to lookout for Gallimimus Trap Polybag 30320 also... emoji6.png

Subtle jabs..subtle jabs!!

-----

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

This set is now retired in the US.  I dumped mine at Christmas to realize a small profit.  I wasn't convinced they were gone for good and I didn't want to hold for another year.  I also needed the storage and capital to make some other investments.  Calculated risk that may or may not pay off.

Hopefully those that held onto this set will capitalize on some nice gains this year and beyond.

I guess, now that it's official, i'm definitely happy about this, but the same token, looking back, I remember leaving 8 of these on the shelf when I saw them at a walmart around black friday.  They were gone a few days later. 

I decided to instead buy Lonely Mountains and ISD's, because those were definitely retiring, since they had the retiring tag in europe. Plus, at the time they had a discount, while RE's did not..  I'm not sure i'd call it a mistake, because I was like you, in that I just didn't know if they would stick around..  So the question is, now that the other jurassic sets like Trex, RR, and IR are out in the stores, should we sack them?  Or hold steady?   I do wonder if the wave that has hit stores right now is the last...

--Update… Looking at the reseller count on amazon, I think i'll hold steady..  The only good news is RE has fallen from around 360 resellers during the peak of holiday season to around 120.  I think that bodes well for its success.  Has even a smaller number than the delorean when it finally retired.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/189-7809945-9674217?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lego+jurassic+world

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, cladner said:

this is easily a 3x MSRP set and i'm in no hurry to sell so we'll see how high it gets.

now if the rest of the JW line fades off into the EOL-sunset everything could be just beautiful.

glad i saved a few for later.

I think it will go much higher than 120.  Heck, you could land the GT and RE combo for 125 during the holiday rush.  This one will hit 200 within the timeframe of the next movie.  That is if there is another line, they don't redo the same raptors, and have a bunch of dino's in a theme.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

I kept buying them up off eBay at 60 bucks a piece and from walmart when they came back a few weeks ago.

Happy with the decision.

She's Gone

brilliant move - i was thinking about doing that too but couldn't get over my ecto fetish.  

9 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I think it will go much higher than 120.  Heck, you could land the GT and RE combo for 125 during the holiday rush.  This one will hit 200 within the timeframe of the next movie.  That is if there is another line, they don't redo the same raptors, and have a bunch of dino's in a theme.

yeah - it will get to $120 quickly at which point i think a lot of people will start to sell - why not - 3x MSRP is a clean double your money post fees and shipping.  for all we know Disney is going to put the kibosh on LEGO from doing a Universal (JW release) set and this is the last LEGO dinos for a while or not.  I think all these JW sets are going to do very well post EOL.

I think $200 is a little... optimistic. In reality, the buyer has time to contemplate what they're getting for those two bills. A weak-a$$ cage that's barely big enough to hold the two re-colored raptors that did absolutely nothing in the movie along with an ATV that belongs in a polybag. I think it'll peak at $120-$130. That's still really damn good.

Edited by pete411
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

it wasn't meant about the content of the set or theme, but the 2 years or so they were in store as a "retired product"

Well, I don't think we have to worry about that with RE.  I just checked the tracker in my region, and it's gone.   Out for about 6 months (truly went out around the last week of november), so I think it's a safe set to have as an investment.  

Now if just the rest of the theme will retire. 

--------------------

Seems to be a lot of people on amazon and ebay willing to shill these out for around 60 right now.  If you wanted to sack….nows the time.

Edited by fossilrock