75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

15 minutes ago, psusyntar said:

RE is now one of the holiday hot items on ebay that you can sell and get selling fees back as a gift card.  http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/1022/HotItems.html

Even eBay likes that "fuzzy math", shipping costs are non-existent...

Unless you're refilling, IMO, this is the wrong time to sell. This is a winner all the way. Nothin' but up from here...

75920 eBay promo ad 12.2.15.jpg

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 3

Ebays trending is about 5-7 low there though and this was a ridiculously good flip the past week with GH.  Buy 2 RE 2 SV and a free GH and do very well. Bascially $100 purchase  for $200 min sales so clear about $50 after all said in done on $100 purchase.  Not bad at all.   Not that I did it a time or two or 15.    And yes I know not everyone has LEGO stores around them and you can't do that at some but for people who can it was very good.

At WM was about a $8 clear per set with crazy velocity, but yeah you could hold too which may or may not pan out down the road.   Hit the 5 on way from house to warehouse and picked up 8 per so couldn't turn down 40 easy sales.  $320 profit is still $320 profit.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Negative. My store employees have started to recognize me when I am under disguise :drag:

Ha, no disguise necessary, comes down to the people but honestly have never had a problem.    Guess could be the way going about it too.  I buy a lot regardless during the year, mainly deals and sales stuff so that probably goes a long way towards other stuff.  When you're helping out on stuff the stores need moved it goes a long way when you are purchasing in demand sets.  Some only go after the in demand stuff and expect them to be sold to them and that will get you nowhere.    No one else has been buying them of late around here so that could help as well.   Its not a one day thing but building up relationships with the people you are going to be potentially dealing with for a few years.  

• Like 3

Right now I think the only deals I like with selling RE is either in a full set for 600 or more (they have sold at this price), or if you can pair with at GT.  Those are selling for around 120 to 140 right now on amazon.  For a buy in of around 48.00 for both sets…ill take those margins.  But, i'm skipping that ebay "deal" like the plague.  IF the RE does retire as predicted very soon, then I do think it will be a 200.00 set eventually.. 

5 minutes ago, Jules_K said:

Do a lot of resellers in the US not ship overseas? This is going for US $120 in my neck of the woods. 

I haven't checked the actual postage costs.  Shipping sets internationally is very expensive. At $120 plus international freight, it's probably not much better me than US orders.   Plus much more hassle.