75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

10 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

I though UK sellers were weird but Germans seem an even stranger breed - with this one confirmed retired an hard to find, why are they now trying to price match each other down on Amazon and Ebay?

Because lots of people are up to their neck in Dinos and just want to make a quick buck before X-mas. Oh and after a few good days sales have once again gone down on ebay in the last few days so people are starting to panick. If you go search "Lego" in sold items on ebay you can see that sets sales for new, supposedly hot sets are really poor for this time of the year.

Edited by TigerG

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm just considering a £600 cash offer for the 10 that I picked up at Smyths earlier - I live 10min from M4 J11. None on the shelves now. Since the movie is still fresh, I can see this being unretired soon so, I'll likely offlkoad them tonight.

13 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm just considering a £600 cash offer for the 10 that I picked up at Smyths earlier - I live 10min from M4 J11. None on the shelves now. Since the movie is still fresh, I can see this being unretired soon so, I'll likely offlkoad them tonight.

You really think its coming in back? Seems like its had the retired tag a bit to long no?

I have been in two minds about this but decided against selling my 6. At this stage i suppose either of us could end u with egg on our face ;)

Can’t see any good reason why it would be “un” retired.   Sets we’ve seen are those that ultimately retire and it’s generally a stock return or seasonal. Price pointwise, there isn’t a big hole in the range 

PC 19.99
DA 29.99
RE 39.99
RR 49.99
T-Rex 59.99

And from a product cost 

DA is 2 figs, 1 dino at 12.1 ppp 
RE is 2 figs, 2 raptors at 10.1 ppp (0.69kg) 
RR is 3 figs, 2 raptors at 15.4 ppp (0.65kg)

No overwhelming reason to pull back a product that’s probably no more profitable others in the range. 

34 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

You are so impatient! 

Relax Max!

Guest TabbyBoy

The movie made over $500 globally on its opening weekend so, I think LEGO are missing a trick here if they don't produce more. That's why it won't surprise me if I did. BTW... I just had a call and my 10 are going to a new home tomorrow, another quick £200 in the pot! I could've waited but, it's easy money and I've already spent it on Pteranodon's for £9.99 each which are approaching £30 already!

I just saw in Feed's reply that ppp is often used. I struggle to understand why price per piece is so important, shouldn't it be price per weight so you know how much plastic you are getting?

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

The movie made over $500 globally on its opening weekend so, I think LEGO are missing a trick here if they don't produce more. That's why it won't surprise me if I did. BTW... I just had a call and my 10 are going to a new home tomorrow, another quick £200 in the pot! I could've waited but, it's easy money and I've already spent it on Pteranodon's for £9.99 each which are approaching £30 already!

I just saw in Feed's reply that ppp is often used. I struggle to understand why price per piece is so important, shouldn't it be price per weight so you know how much plastic you are getting?

200 pounds!? That's a different story. 

You can buy quite a few city sets for that. Or maybe an Ewok Village. 

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

200 pounds!? That's a different story. 

You can buy quite a few city sets for that. Or maybe an Ewok Village. 

Yep, all for click/collect and swinging buy on my way home from work last week. CITY? I don't think so unless a nice plane is released and heavily discounted. Ewok Village.... Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl !!! - Splat !!! - Flush !!! - Flush again !!! - Mop & Bucket !!!

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think you might kick yourself on this one. It was dump exos and hold on dinosaurs....

Mind you, the guy that seems to have a 40ft container full of them and is selling them at 70 euros obviously thinks the same as you. Either that or their calendar is on the wrong month and they think Xmas has passed.

• Like 1

Just checked us LEGO Shop at Home, Jurassic world no longer appears as a theme, and a quick search for set numbers returns nothing. Either there's something wrong with the website at the moment, or lego could be done with this line.

No. They told us to check back in Feb. No point in showing something you can't supply, I guess. Besides, I'd be surprised to see LEGO Shop at Home have a non-buggy site...

• Like 1