75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

4 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

People keep buying Haunted House, how come they don't restock that?

HH was out for quite a bit longer than RE has been. It was always suggested that buying RE now, though not a terrible decision given it's a Walmart exclusive, was a risk for a quick flip... some made out like bandits, others did not. I've got some stashed, I'm in no hurry.

They're selling on eBay by themselves for about $75-80 CDN + shipping. After taxes and fees, you're making $5-10 per set sold.

Some folks are bundling with RR (a wise move) but even then, if I consider what I paid for my RR at a discount, they're making about 30-40 for the bundle. I personally believe that I'll make that on a single RE by this time next year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pete411 said:

At this point, all the QFLL action has killed the market for this set. Hopefully, it can recover and those that are holding long term can make their money.

Yeah, I'm totally sweating my investment in this line.  I hope I get my money back in the future.  For now, I'm stuck with all of these LEGO sets of Dinosaurs from the most successful Dinosaur movie franchise in history because I totally forgot how much kids hate LEGOs and Dinosaurs, let alone both together.  I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy coming back to this thread in the future.

• Like 2

Maybe if I stumbled upon these (8 RE) a few weeks back I would've stomped on it. But things have come up and now all my funds need to be allocated to more necessary things (new 1000sqft extension to my home). I even haven't got a single GH to date. It's hard but gotta do what you gotta do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jaylay said:

Maybe if I stumbled upon these (8 RE) a few weeks back I would've stomped on it. But things have come up and now all my funds need to be allocated to more necessary things (new 1000sqft extension to my home). I even haven't got a single GH to date. It's hard but gotta do what you gotta do.

house trumps LEGO investing  - 1000sq sqft extension in Hawaii - sounds awesome.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jaylay said: Maybe if I stumbled upon these (8 RE) a few weeks back I would've stomped on it. But things have come up and now all my funds need to be allocated to more necessary things (new 1000sqft extension to my home). I even haven't got a single GH to date. It's hard but gotta do what you gotta do.

house trumps LEGO investing  - 1000sq sqft extension in Hawaii - sounds awesome.

Yeah. 170k in the hole as we speak.

On 23/11/2015, 22:42:24, tacsniper said:

I have not seen a restock since the last batch on the shelves since ~3 weeks ago up here in Alberta, Canada.

I haven't heard much chatter about these being found outside of the US over the last couple of weeks. I'd guess if I had to choose I'd send them to the US market over the Canadian market, too, if stock was tight. I haven't seen one in the wild in Canada in over three weeks, and I check pretty regularly a few different WMs.

36 minutes ago, Veegs said:

I haven't heard much chatter about these being found outside of the US over the last couple of weeks. I'd guess if I had to choose I'd send them to the US market over the Canadian market, too, if stock was tight. I haven't seen one in the wild in Canada in over three weeks, and I check pretty regularly a few different WMs.

EU is where you want to be dumping them right now... US are flooded with these and Amazon prices have tank lately. In contrast, EU has the retired tag and has gone up to 80 euro. However, tapping into the EU market and getting a VAT number seems to be another hurdle. 

Edited by tacsniper