10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

• 2 weeks later...

i mentioned this on an another thread. DS in demand right now and its no BS. Raising the RRP of the new one was the biggest favour TLG did us, in context. I have sold all mie bar one for above original RRP and well above buy-in.

Some brave souls who are willing to stake it out will make good money buying cheap amid the panic and holding as there will always be people that want the 1st iteration.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

i mentioned this on an another thread. DS in demand right now and its no BS. Raising the RRP of the new one was the biggest favour TLG did us, in context. I have sold all mie bar one for above original RRP and well above buy-in.

Some brave souls who are willing to stake it out will make good money buying cheap amid the panic and holding as there will always be people that want the 1st iteration.

Those buyers will be few and far between I would think, and there's going to be a lot of 10188's knocking around at 400-450 for a couple of years yet.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 6:33 PM, tractorboy said:

Those buyers will be few and far between I would think, and there's going to be a lot of 10188's knocking around at 400-450 for a couple of years yet.

The good news is that most everyone (even me) is looking to get out of this (often, regardless of profit) - so at some point at least, the patient (or maybe stupid) will have far less competition.

Even though there is certainly a significant limitation for the 10188 - There is still meat on the bone (if the purchase price is right).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KShine said:

The good news is that most everyone (even me) is looking to get out of this (often, regardless of profit) - so at some point at least, the patient (or maybe stupid) will have far less competition.

Even though there is certainly a significant limitation for the 10188 - There is still meat on the bone (if the purchase price is right).

I agree, DS looks like a blue chip stock when compared to AA or a lot of other investment turds.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, eracine said:

well my son and I just finished an epic part out of 6 death stars.  Put over 5k in our brick link store.  Average death star part out was about $800 so not too bad.  A lot of great pieces and figs.  

5k as in $5k worth? I assume pieces-wise you're talking more about 25k-30k pieces :). Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

I have succesfully sold all my 10 pieces for around EUR 400. Fortunatelly I have bought all around 336 and hold them for 1-3 years. So very small profit covering the inflation. But I dont want to see this s**t anymore... Lot of stress, lot of storage place, binding lot of money, and without interesting profit effect... The worst investition ever...

12 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I have succesfully sold all my 10 pieces for around EUR 400. Fortunatelly I have bought all around 336 and hold them for 1-3 years. So very small profit covering the inflation. But I dont want to see this s**t anymore... Lot of stress, lot of storage place, binding lot of money, and without interesting profit effect... The worst investition ever...

The sad thing is that EV and SC may struggle to give even that ROI.

37 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I also have a very bad investation of Death Stars.

• Like 5