What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

20 hours ago, BRIX23 said:
In anticipation of the new POTC movie along with my disappointment that we didn't get news of a new "intact" ship I picked these two beauties up off of Ebay.  Enjoyed the build and even more so the outcome.  What I don't understand after seeing both complete in person is why there seems to be much more draw for BP than QAR because IMO QAR is a much better looking ship.  To top it off I paid roughly $70 more for BP over QAR.  That being said the BP alone is a beautiful ship.

Ships are not my thing and not really seen either of them before but both of them look really really good :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Yep, but with a few mods to make it a bit sturdier and some cosmetic changes such as the cockpit and the hatch.

It looks quite good!  I haven't looked to much into this set because frankly it didn't look that well on rebrickable.  I would need to compare your model to original.

Looks like you have the same Ikea shelving which I use.  Would be nice to see how it looks beside other UCS sets.

The 10175 UCS Vader TIE Advanced is coming along.  Just the wings left to build. 

This is my 2nd time building a 10175.   I still think this is one UCS set that 100% needs a refresh.  The cockpit and surrounding area needs a redesign.  The rest of the ship aged very nicely.

IMG_5736.thumb.JPG.496f751e1f18b537f5d04a2bd884d935.JPG

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, jaisonline said:

The 10175 UCS Vader TIE Advanced is coming along nicely.  Just the wings left to build. 

This is my 2nd time building a 10175.   I still think this is an UCS set that needs a refresh.  The cockpit and surrounding area needs a redesign.  The rest of the ship aged very nicely.

I hate this thing . Too flimsy and the stand can barely support it . I must have rebuilt to atleast 15 times 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LahH001 said:

here you go

The Nebulon-B Frigate looks amazing.  I have a few MOC's in the queue but I need to research the parts to see if I should build it.   The Tie Defender looks excellent next to its cousins.

Any other SW MOC's you have done?  Almost all my MOC's have been in the Technic world except for the AT-AT I did last week.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lego rules said:

The Nebulon-B Frigate looks amazing.  I have a few MOC's in the queue but I need to research the parts to see if I should build it.   The Tie Defender looks excellent next to its cousins.

Any other SW MOC's you have done?  Almost all my MOC's have been in the Technic world except for the AT-AT I did last week.

Pet peeve of mine.  Why bother making an amazing MOC, releasing it on rebrickable and making instructions, but no one can build it as designed!  It requires QTY.18 of DBG #2817.  Only 10 of these parts exist on all of Bricklink.

Pet peeve of mine.  Why bother making an amazing MOC, releasing it on rebrickable and making instructions, but no one can build it as designed!  It requires QTY.18 of DBG #2817.  Only 10 of these parts exist on all of Bricklink.

There were a number of parts which were rare or just didn't exist, hence some improvisation was required when I built mine. So substituting for similar colours and for two parts I even had to use spray paint.
  • Like 1

Working on a few at the moment since not much out there from Lego themselves. Working on a UCS Ghost, Droid Control Ship and a Bespin Cloud City. I accidentally stumbled on MOCs and took the plunge with the Nebulon, which was a challenging one to start off with and now I'm hooked and using LDD now to do my own and at some point finish my Bespin Cloud City which is currently 6000 bricks.