What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Hello all.  I'm still new to the hobby, so I'm playing catch up.  I started with Star Wars and want to get into another theme eventually (maybe the City or Creator sets with actual buildings, not just partial buildings like that of 75139 Takodana).  I did pick up a good deal on 4 Batman sets (70909/70907/70906/66546), but debating of trading/selling versus building.  I think the UCS sets will be later down the road for me due to price for one set.  I'm currently holding out for 75054 and 75055 (they are my top two wants right now) if I can find a really great price locally.

All of my collection so far is the current/newish FA and RO (only 4 older sets: 75050/75049/75034/75094).

I recently finished 75105 and enjoyed it more than I thought that I would as I'm more into the Empire sets.

I did start building the 75050 B-wing last night (bags 1 and 2) with plans to either start 75104 or 75140 next.

Edited by Halfrig

4 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Due to last year's disappointing UCS sets I started looking at MOCs and was blown away by the Nebulon Frigate. ~ 5800 pieces later and this masterpiece now stands before me. Now addicted and can't wait for the next one. Thinking tie bomber, tie Interceptor or cavecods at at

What are the dimensions of that thing!

The instruction book is $50

Then you have to see how many of these parts you already have 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-5083/cjd_223/mortesvs-ucs-nebulon-b-medical-frigate/?sort_parts_by=4&sort_parts_dir=A#parts

this one is on my list around $800 if you buy all 5,728 elements 

nice work @LahH001

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LahH001 said:

120 cm long, 56 cm high and about 28 cm wide and very very heavy and fragile. Not looking forward to moving this

How stable is the base? It looks like you could breathe on it and it could fall over. I would be scared of tipping it over for sure. Really awesome work though!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the whole MOC cost?

About £550. I did do a few substitutes of rare coloured parts where the parts weren't visible hence price was lot less than what some others have ended up spending. I also sourced bricks in mid 2016 as soon as instructions came out so it's probably cheaper since some of the parts are probably now more in demand.
How stable is the base? It looks like you could breathe on it and it could fall over. I would be scared of tipping it over for sure. Really awesome work though!!

Surprisingly stable. It's actually supported by only two connecting pins on The big supports. Initially I thought no way but so far no issues
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, uaford said:

Finished up the UCS Imperial AT-ST 10174.  The kids and I are hooked on SW UCS sets at this point.  Next up is the UCS Tie and then the UCS Imperial Shuttle.  

On this set, we loved the detail that they added on the outside with some of the unusual pieces that were used.  We built most of it at my office where space is ubiquitous, and that made it a ton easier since it was a used set with all of the pieces mixed together.  Definitely going to try to do that with the Imperial Shuttle as well.  I do wish the set came with and At-St pilot, so we will probably BL a couple of those to put with the set.  

We also took a couple of pics with the new AT-ST 75153 and the AT-DP Micro Fighter 75130 (I don't have the 9679) for scale purposes.  It is tough to tell how large this set is without some sort of spacial context.

I've had mine for several years.  I need to break down and build it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uaford said:

Finished up the UCS Imperial AT-ST 10174.  The kids and I are hooked on SW UCS sets at this point.  Next up is the UCS Tie and then the UCS Imperial Shuttle.  

On this set, we loved the detail that they added on the outside with some of the unusual pieces that were used.  We built most of it at my office where space is ubiquitous, and that made it a ton easier since it was a used set with all of the pieces mixed together.  Definitely going to try to do that with the Imperial Shuttle as well.  I do wish the set came with and At-St pilot, so we will probably BL a couple of those to put with the set.  

We also took a couple of pics with the new AT-ST 75153 and the AT-DP Micro Fighter 75130 (I don't have the 9679) for scale purposes.  It is tough to tell how large this set is without some sort of spacial context.

Gotta ask do you live in Blenheim Palace?that's one smart room.

• Like 2