What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Went a bit old school for the weekend...95a839810b2c5626ea112c3d2a2d8937.jpg
Built the b-model from my 8438. Being old, I like the brick built technic stuff. A nice back up build that looks cool. Not as much going on functionally as the main model but that's par for the course.293657e05f4dfd29ee3e02b7d5f82f64.jpg
Got it a couple of years back on eBay and is my first time building this model

• Like 6

Couple more 10030 pics. Had my first major issue tonight - missing a 1x3 Left Wedge Plate. Lucky for me, I had hit a 99 Cent Store and bought a lone Gmili Fun Pack that had that part in it. I only bought it for the minifig anyway, so no big

Dimensions to the rescue!
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Wort becoming an official set (and I mean it in a good way). Consider lego ideas maybe.

It is not my own design. Brick Coaster has a website with different "coaster" type setups and track for purchase. I believe they are out of Massachusetts and they manufacture their own tracks. I just Bricklink'd my own pieces for the build and modified the setup that I had with the power functions to get a working lift hill. 

• Like 1

ded75e42d2310208e9026a9d488d32d6.jpg

Bought from eBay. Was told only 2 pieces were missing but 7 more were too so there are a few loose spots until replacements come in.

This set had a few brittle pieces that broke as well. Both of Sebulba's arms snapped very easily, which I was quite annoyed about!

Could improper storage lead to becoming brittle? Or are these parts always this fragile

69c98e00a1d654301e60ee720ce1937e.jpg

• Like 3

Pardon the dusty Batmobile please. The Joker's Lowrider is even larger than I thought. I thought it would look nice next to the Movie Ice Cream Truck but its so much longer. Its even longer than the (Burtonesque) Batmobile 76035. While I agree with most of you that $50 is very overpriced its a great car build. Wonder how it looks next to the Ecto 1?

Batman_joker_LowRider_100_7561.jpg

Batman_joker_LowRider_100_7560.jpg

Batman_joker_LowRider_100_7562.jpg

Edited by ponderingzissou
typo
  • Like 6

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:34 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Another 10030 update. Built the other half of the bottom. Probably faster since it's a mirror image from the day before.

104 out of 225 pages complete.

87a514358aa019a30c34047deb575dbfaba36772

Makes me wonder if Lego would ever consider filling out the interior on their earlier UCS sets like this and the Falcon.

PS, thanks for sharing the build progress. Really enjoy seeing these on sets I've never built.

• Like 2

Hi all, today I picked up my daughter from school after a muddy mountainbike ride. We build Lego all afternoon. She was building the Heartlake Friends Cupcake Cafe while I cut the seals of the 75140 Resistance Troop Transporter. Great quality time!

I was amazed by the building process of 75140, what a magnificent set. Well designed and it looks awesome. The set is bigger than I expected and it feels really solid. Despite the stickers I absolutely enjoyed every moment of this build. And Princess Leia is special, great minifig.

mufzti.jpg

1osx05.jpg

IMG_9911.jpgpc screenshot

IMG_9908.jpgpicture uploader

IMG_9909.jpguploading pictures

IMG_9910.jpgscreen capture software

• Like 7