What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

That looks very nice, I want, I need   Worth the after market money to build in your opinion?

Plenty of people on here looking to unload a few. Try a trade or putting up a want ad. You could save yourself money since they wouldn't be paying fees. There might even be a local BPer and you save shipping.

On 9 February 2017 at 3:33 PM, lego rules said:

There are soo many amazing Technic MOC's to build that at times it can be overwhelming.  I find the process of accumulating the parts for the builds extremely tedious so I try and limit that process to maybe two builds.

There is always another new great MOC being built somewhere!

I am actually debating building the larger scale AT-AT instead of a Technic model next.  I was hoping TLG would release one this year, but it seems unlikely if you believe the rumors.

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, donbee said:

I call this my "poor man's temple"

My son received Tiger widow Island and dojo Showdown (70756) for Christmas.
We're throwing a ninja themed birthday for him tomorrow and my wife wanted a Center piece. So I looked through my inventory, but I didn't have any thing large or nice enough. So I decided to MOC one using what we had. Not bad for 15 min worth of work.

Nice MOC. But the profits from your 40252 sales could have easily afforded you a 70751 ..... what's $160 for you .... 6 mini VW Beetles? ;-)

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Nice MOC. But the profits from your 40252 sales could have easily afforded you a 70751 ..... what's $160 for you .... 6 mini VW Beetles? ;-)

Couldn't agree more. Now off to the lego store oh wait you got ToA for $99. Pop those seals and get building we have a PARTY to go to tomorrow ;) 

Nice looking build shows you care!

Edited by Pseudoty

Lol. I New the title would bring up 40252. I tried to get my family in Cali to get me a ToA for $99. But they got us the Dojo and a dragon instead. And I just refuse to buy anything for myself at retail. Or even above 25% off. It's the principle. Also these were already 90% built , so it was much faster than popping seals. I was tempted to open up a Master Wus Dragon for the gate. But I resisted.

Maybe I should call it the "Lazy man's temple" then.

Who ate all the cupcakes?

Lol
My Mom was late to the party. She brought the cakes. I was busy in the kitchen. By the time I got a chance to go out on the porch the kids had already devoured most of them. I saved you one though. I'll mail it to you. In a plastic bag of course. =)
  • Like 1

04c6f6e5b5c9db51918ed9cf072c086e.jpg
8671 Ferrari F430 Spider 1:17

Picked this up on Craigslist or eBay, don't remember which. Disassembled, cleaned/dusted, reassembled as a Sunday project. Interesting to go back and build a "vintage" set (2006). The differences between this and the new Ferrari F40 are phenomenol. The stickers and lack of a windshield kill this set. The rims are awesome though.

• Like 7

On 1/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, oneknightr said:

It's a beast! It's also one of my favorite Lego sets of all time. I don't think I can ever get myself to sell it. Here's a pic of me holding the inner frame on mine. I think the set is pretty solid with the exception of the long panels that are held on by magnets. 

Good luck with the sale, although you're not going to need it. I believe you got this for $100 so your return is going to be nice.

I hope you don't have to take it apart anytime soon.  Because it's a beast to disassemble.  

Someone on Reddit just this weekend posted some mods to the engine area.  I really liked them.  If I was keeping mine, I'd do it

Ky3vm8k.jpg

RGpdd82.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I hope you don't have to take it apart anytime soon.  Because it's a beast to disassemble.  

Someone on Reddit just this weekend posted some mods to the engine area.  I really liked them.  If I was keeping mine, I'd do it

Mine's on permanent display although I did consider taking it apart to rebuild again for fun. lol

Greebling galore! That looks pretty awesome.

You are just insane!

Well that thing has tons of greebling. A little more wouldn't hurt it. I definitely like the extra "stuff" in that area. On first glance I thought I had missed a few parts. I had to pull the manual to make sure it wasn't me that did something different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I remember seeing someone who did this mod a very long time ago and loved it.  I looked into modding mine but the cost was too high to properly match the colours.  This person used the new gray while the ISD is the old grey.  To me, its a poor execution and stands out in a bad way.

I decided to tilt mine so you can't see the back, the bridge area is more impressive anyways.

• Like 1