What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

9 hours ago, uaford said:

I finally got the chance to finish up the UCS Imperial Shuttle 10212 that I picked up used a while back.  I really enjoyed the build and the finished product.  It is as large as expected and the use of snot pieces makes its final look a lot cleaner than the IST.  If you have been thinking about picking one up for your UCS or SW collection I highly recommend it!

So...what should we build next?  We have 10186 UCS General Grievous, 10198 Tantive IV Anniversary Edition, 75021 Republic Gunship, and 10227 UCS B-Wing Starfighter in the queue.  Which do y'all recommend we start with?  (I will be building it with my 6 and 8 year old.)

I suggest that you don't build the General Grievous with kids because it's a really flimsy build all the way to the end.  B-Wing is a nice easy build for kids because it uses large bright pieces for the inside structure.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:48 PM, buidee said:
I thought I'd build my Lego Pirate Ships in anticipation of the Silent Mary coming out.  I started buying one pair of the Black Pearl and Queen Anne, then another, etc.

Wow. Did you open new sets to build all of those or are they from a Bulk buy. Impressive and overkill at the same time.

I don't think the Jack Sparrow is misprinted guys. Look at him more closely.... he's got white arms, which implies a white shirt. He's got his pirate garb vest on over top of that white shirt. I'm inclined to think the misprint is on the box, not the minifigure. Just an opinion, but I think it makes sense. 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:48 PM, buidee said:

I thought I'd build my Lego Pirate Ships in anticipation of the Silent Mary coming out.  I started buying one pair of the Black Pearl and Queen Anne, then another, etc.

Nice collection!  Are you planning on makng some kind of bedroom sized diorama with that many ships?

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, Baragon said:
I've been investing in sets for a few months, but last night I finished my first major build since getting back into Lego. I have a nocturnal baby and a three year old, so I typically only get through a bag of parts a night.

Here is Red Five alongside the First Order Tie Fighter that hooked me back in. Now to build the UCS Tie Fighter.

So when are you going to run the gauntlet and apply the sticker to the canopy! :-). If i recall they gave you a few copies in case you have a nightmare

15 hours ago, labfreak7 said:

Wow. Did you open new sets to build all of those or are they from a Bulk buy. Impressive and overkill at the same time.

They were all used when I got them.  I bought them from CL and eBay mainly.

i am selling three of the black pearl and Queen Anne locally, I felt it was time to sell them.

I also have an even greater addiction to Harry Potter.  Maybe within a year, I build my HP collection.  

So when are you going to run the gauntlet and apply the sticker to the canopy! :-). If i recall they gave you a few copies in case you have a nightmare

I think I'll save that for when the baby starts sleeping! 10 months of sleep deprivation = shaky hands!