Target Canada Closing all Stores

Sandwraith

According to my paper:

25% - TV, Groceries, Snacks, Beverages, Baby Food, Diapers

25% off - Household Paper products, Cleaning/Laundry products, Pet food and supplies

30% - Toys, clocks, wall art, interior lighting, mirrors, area rugs, throws

30% - school and office supplies, frames, photo albums, stationery

40% - greeting cards, gift wrap, books, magazines, movies and music, jewellery, sunglasses

Everything else 25-40% (with exceptions)

• Like 1

If anyone has Red card reward points, you can call RBC to redeem your points for Target gift card. I got mine last week and used them all this morning for 30% off SW sets.

Bah, everyone beat me to the Super Heroes sets still laying around at the location by my work... one last place to check near home. Hopefully somethings still there!

I grabbed some Milano's from TRU this week, but %30 + %5 redcard beats TRU by a couple $

I passed by a Target in Montreal, at Place Versailles.

There were very few sets left. The small Star Wars ones were a better deal at TRU during the last sale (20%+10$off40$), and the few bigger sets left were undesirable ones.

I think that may have been the last time I step into a Target in Canada...

• Like 1

Managed to get a couple Milano's and an X-Men set. There was surprisingly still a fair amount of stuff, but i didn't want to get too much at just %30.

This location actually got a TON of new toy stock. The toy aisles were all stacked and literally overflowing with product. They had around 50 Droid Tri-Fighter sets which are new stock haha... those will be hard to move at any discount :3 Must have got a shipment of X-Men too as there were 20 or so.

Also had a couple Snow Speeders and Cantina's laying around, and a lonely Ultra Agents HQ, but even at %30 i'm still a bit wary of getting more, especially since Walmart is gearing up to clearance these Cantina's in most places at $50. This location seems to be quite dead, so maybe some of it will make it to 40, in which case i'll get more.

I believe Toys went to %40 today, likely wont even bother checking as all that was left in my area was some Chima and SW battlepacks.

Last time I went it was all junk left... A few Pokemon packs though they have been lagging behind in discount. Wonder if they hit 30% as that would be an excellent deal for those.

I was there Monday. I'm not sure if you guys already know but I talked to an employee and she said every Thursday they add 5% to the minimum sale price.

I did see a couple xmen/sentinel sets on the shelves.

The wife wants a dyson vacuum and this probably the best opportunity to get one on sale. I think I'll push my luck and wait until next week to get one.

Edited by speedsausage

I was there Monday. I'm not sure if you guys already know but I talked to an employee and she said every Thursday they add 5% to the minimum sale price.

I did see a couple xmen/sentinel sets on the shelves.

The wife wants a dyson vacuum and this probably the best opportunity to get one on sale. I think I'll push my luck and wait until next week to get one.

Yeah Thursdays have been an increase so far every week, However toys stayed at %20 for a couple weeks or so while other items changed. Nice to see toys keeping up the momentum.

Either the X-Men set is a poor seller, or stores got heavy restocks of it throughout the liquidation as many stores have this set still. Not sure if they will still be around past 40 though, wish i could price match my %30 ones /grumble.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Yeah Thursdays have been an increase so far every week, However toys stayed at %20 for a couple weeks or so while other items changed. Nice to see toys keeping up the momentum.

Either the X-Men set is a poor seller, or stores got heavy restocks of it throughout the liquidation as many stores have this set still. Not sure if they will still be around past 40 though, wish i could price match my %30 ones /grumble.

Stopped by a Target on the way home from the doc.. 40% off toys "mostly" some were still at 30%

The surprise was the 8 boxes of CMF series 13. Only one was still sealed so I bought it... 40% off. She only scanned the outer box so it was an excellent deal. Can't blame them for not caring more.

• Like 1

The surprise was the 8 boxes of CMF series 13. Only one was still sealed so I bought it... 40% off. She only scanned the outer box so it was an excellent deal. Can't blame them for not caring more.

Oh wow nice, best i saw was an open CMF box with just a couple left.

My location by work seems to have got a fresh shipment of Cinderella's Castle (which i reluctantly left), but that was it, no other Lego to be seen.

Just left Target and I picked up a bunch of lego sets @40% off plus red card.

Mos Eisley Cantina x 4

MetalBeard's Duel x 2

Friends Jungle Rescue Base x 3

Friends Shopping Mall x 1 (was shocked to see it there)

Knowhere Escape Mission x 1

X-men vs. the Sentinel x 2 (at least 10 on the shelf)

One box of S13 minifigures (too bad it was not sealed...lol)

Good that I'm off this afternoon...can't wait to open the shopping mall and build it with the kids!

• Like 2

Last time I went it was all junk left... A few Pokemon packs though they have been lagging behind in discount. Wonder if they hit 30% as that would be an excellent deal for those.

Pokemon cards are 30% here .. but have no idea if the packs you're looking for are these ones .. and may I ask good for resale or good from a collector point of view?

Edited by gravtation

Pokemon cards are 30% here .. but have no idea if the packs you're looking for are these ones .. and may I ask good for resale or good from a collector point of view?

They are good from both... Sort of. Some series are more desired than others but they don't last long until a new series is released and 30% discounts are essentially unheard of without the fancy coupon stacking discounted GC tricks used by many.

But don't buy blindly... Check EBay first for potential value!

Oh wow nice, best i saw was an open CMF box with just a couple left.

My location by work seems to have got a fresh shipment of Cinderella's Castle (which i reluctantly left), but that was it, no other Lego to be seen.

That was easily the best deal.. 3x Xmen vs Sentinel, one Hailfire Droid, one Technic Snowmobile and one Swamp Arrest (which we already opened). Otherwise plenty of Chima and TMNT I left behind.

wait what? You're concerned about which part not being a winner? The Lego part or the Disney princess part?

Cindy castle has lots of things going for it. Least of which is that the minidolls are both exclusive to the set. I would buy up to at least ten of these. I say only ten because there are tons of exclusives pending retirement worth buying as well.

• Like 1

wait what? You're concerned about which part not being a winner? The Lego part or the Disney princess part?

Cindy castle has lots of things going for it. Least of which is that the minidolls are both exclusive to the set. I would buy up to at least ten of these. I say only ten because there are tons of exclusives pending retirement worth buying as well.

Are most of old members here feeling it the same way .. Cinderalla Disney Castle Lego at 89.99$ - 40% + 15% tx a good investment for quick flip in a near future ?

oh sorry. You're looking for quick flip. I wouldn't quick flip them. Upcoming Christmas maybe. I think they'll be around all year though. It'll likely be the last wave 1 to be retired due to its iconic status for the Disney brand.

I shouldn't have used the term quick flip .. but I did ! .. I meant based on a 2 years term .. this set will it bring more soup to my house, will I pay University to my kids with these pouahahhahah

Edited by gravtation

Are most of old members here feeling it the same way .. Cinderalla Disney Castle Lego at 89.99$ - 40% + 15% tx a good investment for quick flip in a near future ?

I would buy all 30 if I were you...but that is just me.

I think something around $130-$150 isn't unreasonable after EOL so there should be plenty of meat on that bone.

• Like 1