Target Canada Closing all Stores

Sandwraith

The one that surprised me was that Target had announced that none of the store fixtures or equipment would be for sale, but I drove by their flagship store (the brand new, covered parking, we paid a zillion tax dollars to redo water/sewer/road infrastructure around it) and it had giant banners declaring the fixtures and equipment were for sale too. Once again, they didn't get that right either. B.R.U.T.A.L.

Yeah.. i thought i also heard at one point there would be no "LIQUIDATION" or "STORE CLOSING" signs as the land lords didn't want them. Yet every store has them plastered everywhere.

I do agree this was handled poorly, but i feel more for the employees losing their jobs and putting up with the chaos then Joe Schmo who can't find any deals to resell everything at a profit haha.

I'll likely be back in there when the toys discount raises. At least %30 off Guardians/Super Heroes would be nice.

I went back to my Target today. Discount on Lego is still just 20%, and it has been picked clean since Thursday, when they still had relatively full shelves. All that were left were a few of the more expensive sets like the Cantina. The store was deserted today - felt like a normal Monday morning - empty parking lot, no lineups, etc.

I'll likely be back in there when the toys discount raises. At least %30 off Guardians/Super Heroes would be nice.

The store I visited literally had 10 Lego sets left on the shelves... All Chima or TMNT. And it had a modest amount before 20% off. I hope some of the Lego survives to 30% off for you!

Rumours are Targets liquidation percentages will be increased Thursday. Maybe toys will go to 30-40?

Funny how the toy section (aside from the LEGO isle) looks like it did before this liquidation even started. The LEGO aisle however looks like a bomb hit and scavengers picked it apart as if LEGO was some type of currency for the zombie apocalypse.

If any LEGO is left it will likely go at anything higher than %20. I havea location nearby that still had some Milano's as of yesterday, so i'll try my luck with those.

Rumours are Targets liquidation percentages will be increased Thursday. Maybe toys will go to 30-40?

Funny how the toy section (aside from the LEGO isle) looks like it did before this liquidation even started. The LEGO aisle however looks like a bomb hit and scavengers picked it apart as if LEGO was some type of currency for the zombie apocalypse.

If any LEGO is left it will likely go at anything higher than %20. I havea location nearby that still had some Milano's as of yesterday, so i'll try my luck with those.

Good luck pal!

But I will give it a pass. No more Target run. I have wasted too much time on doing this.

I'm going to be next to the Windsor Target tomorrow and I'll take a peek and see if anything moved past 20% off - if not, I'll hold out. I have no idea why they are selling out Lego sets at 20% off when with even a little foresight and research you can do much better (and I don't just mean resellers, but parents, too)

Oh right, forgot the link to the rumour article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target-canada-may-cut-liquidation-sale-prices-further-thursday-1.2953509

TLDR: Target claims they currently have no plans for increased discount, yet employees seem to be saying there will be Thursday, possibly at select stores and departments.

I won't be going out of my way to check tomorrow, but i'll pop by the one by my work to see, not sure i'd put my money/gas on the price slashing being legit.

Hi Sandwraithx, maybe its time to give to give up Target totally and pay WM stores around you a visit.

One does not simply "Give up Target"! :P

I most certainly do check my local WM's, found some great deals as listed in the WM thread a week or so ago. I'm just waiting for 30/40 off toys at Target to get some of the super hero stuff that's still floating around. 

I most certainly do check my local WM's, found some great deals as listed in the WM thread a week or so ago. I'm just waiting for 30/40 off toys at Target to get some of the super hero stuff that's still floating around. 

:pleasantry:

I can't believe your Target still has Super Hereos stuff! I went yesterday on the off chance sales had been pushed to 30% off, but no dice. That and literally the only Lego sets left in the whole store were a handful of Chima sets in beat up boxes. It blows my mind that people cleared out the Lego sets at 20% off, when TRU.ca generally has 20% off one or two themes regularly, have way more stock/options and are currently running the $10 off $40 online.

This wasn't a particularly difficult Target to get Lego at, either - I got plenty of sets at 50% off with plentiful stock in the past, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't resellers devouring City & SW sets at 20% off.

I can't believe your Target still has Super Hereos stuff! I went yesterday on the off chance sales had been pushed to 30% off, but no dice. That and literally the only Lego sets left in the whole store were a handful of Chima sets in beat up boxes. It blows my mind that people cleared out the Lego sets at 20% off, when TRU.ca generally has 20% off one or two themes regularly, have way more stock/options and are currently running the $10 off $40 online.

This wasn't a particularly difficult Target to get Lego at, either - I got plenty of sets at 50% off with plentiful stock in the past, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't resellers devouring City & SW sets at 20% off.

Yeah i find it pretty strange, but yes one location near me has a very healthy supply of Super Heroes sets only. Everything else is gone, yet there's easily 10+ Milano's/X-Men/Starblaster/Knowwhere Mission/Hulk Lab each, whereas everything else is pretty much gone.

Maybe this location is receiving stock from elsewhere, but i find that hard to believe since it's way out west of Toronto. Maybe stock from the back, but even so they aren't moving.

My target all of a sudden got a few new 2015 superhero, sw and city sets and even a box of minifigs. Most didn't last a day though even at 20off.

Probably stuff that had been ordered already and just got there or stuff they had forgotten to put out.

What I'm STILL waiting for is for trading cards to go better than 10% off. I mean really? 10% off? That's downright awful!

My target all of a sudden got a few new 2015 superhero, sw and city sets and even a box of minifigs. Most didn't last a day though even at 20off.

I saw one 2015 City set in one of mine, but i would have loved to grab the new Ultron stuff at %20 off for personal builds. These will likely be a few months before we see that discount.

I have a target who still have on hand at least 20-25 Disney Princess castle.. they aren't moving at all at 20% .. want them all asked and offered the Manager .. He told me .. NO OFFER is allowed on items . Told him I would buy all the remaining lego sets .. Replied : There's no way to do so ...

can someone tell me why can we make offers on furnitures but not to clear them of expensives items that aren't moving !

BTW : Blades, Razors, trimmers are also good stuff to check, to keep or to quick flip... scored 20 packs of 4 blades+Razor Powerglide by Gilette at ridiculous price of 5$ each , worth between 15 to 20$ + 15% tax  depending where you are from ...

6 packs to keep , enough blades for this year / 30$ a full year instead of 110$

14 packs  at 15$ = 210$ minimal return  - 30$ = you get  180$-70$ right in the pocket no effort ! 110$ = LEGO cash flow

Edited by gravtation