Target Canada Closing all Stores

Sandwraith

Does anyone else think these figs will last another round of price cuts? I'm hoping to see these at least 60% off lol.

Probably a few stragglers, but it'll mostly be kings, evil wizards and female samurai.

I just saw a commercial for Target Canada advertising the 30-50% off everything... My guess it's to remind the vultures there is still stuff to be had.

I picked up a few random toys along the way and a few groceries too.

We need a new queen size air mattress and one target had a full aisle of air mattresses. I'm hoping they make it to 70% off or more!

There are definitely good deals on some other toys especially the ones that were alreay in clearance. My friend has been buying cart loads since her friends and sis' friends all have young kids they need to give gifts to now. Unfortunately I don't...I hate passing up these deals lmao.

Edited by seapotato

Managed to find a lone Metalbeard while getting some deodorant.

Otherwise all that was left were Droid Tri-Fighters, Ninjago Destructoids, and X-Men at this location. Got enough X-Men for now, but if any make it to %50 i'd take em.

Waiting for plastic storage bins to go lower than %30, need somewhere to store the built stuff i want to put away for a while.

Toys has moved to %50

Lots of others bumped up as well. Funny how toys stayed so long at %20, but is now passing some of the other stuff discount wise. How much you wanna bet they were like: "Keep it at %20 for a couple weeks for most of the LEGO to sell out, then raise the discount". Lego is the Apple of the toy world after all, and Apple products were still at %15 last i checked.

Other than maybe Hot Wheels and Minecraft stuff; the Toys wasn't moving much at all pre %30-40, so nice to see them keeping the discount rolling.

Good luck!

Toys has moved to %50

Lots of others bumped up as well. Funny how toys stayed so long at %20, but is now passing some of the other stuff discount wise. How much you wanna bet they were like: "Keep it at %20 for a couple weeks for most of the LEGO to sell out, then raise the discount". Lego is the Apple of the toy world after all, and Apple products were still at %15 last i checked.

Other than maybe Hot Wheels and Minecraft stuff; the Toys wasn't moving much at all pre %30-40, so nice to see them keeping the discount rolling.

Good luck!

There were some CMFs that I'll nab today at 50% off, even if someone nabbed all the Hot Dog guys. No other Lego sets at all to speak of in Windsor. An employee I saw did say they were getting some trucks into my location in the next couple of weeks from other stores, so it might be worth a periodic check at your local Target if you happen to be driving by.

Make sure you scan the items to check the price first. I found Lego sets with the price jacked up which makes the sets not worth buying. I was told by the employee the liquidator adjusted a lot of prices. I assume it was to deceive the customers to make more profit. As you know...no refunds!!

I stepped into a Target 2 days ago that only had about 10 sets of the 75048 Phantom. That was IT for LEGO weirdly enough. But its such a lackluster set that I'm not sure I want it at even 50% off...

That's how i feel about all the Droid Tri Fighters the Oakville location has. Not sure i'd take them even at %70. The Palpatine figure may be worth something, but the build sure isn't.

Phantom might be a bit better than the Tri Fighter though heh. Only item left for me to check this week in my area will be the few straggling X-Men sets.

I scoured the Langley location pretty good and this is what I came up with...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1426189026.603477.jpg

I got a little crazy and just grabbed them without smooshing. That locale is now dry unless more come in from other stores.

That's looking pretty sad right there.... I didn't wait until 50% off. After a few trips, I essentially walked out with 4 boxes of figs @ 40% off, one was sealed. I already had quite a few and a sealed box so I'm flipping some sooner than later.

Well, I paid before walking out. ;)

Yeah it is pretty sad looking. I think the basket even shed a tear walking up to the cashier.

I seriously considered picking up a couple boxes when I first saw them last week (open but not touched yet) but hesitated. I was deciding on that technic set at TrU AND double VIP on Saturday on top of that.

• Like 1

I stepped into a Target 2 days ago that only had about 10 sets of the 75048 Phantom. That was IT for LEGO weirdly enough. But its such a lackluster set that I'm not sure I want it at even 50% off...

Good call on leaving those, might be worth grabbing at 60% or more (pretty much anything Lego is), but ya, this one seems like a dud. 

Target Canada forced to halt fixture sales:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target-canada-forced-to-halt-fixtures-sales-during-liquidation-1.2989139

They just can't catch a break haha :(

Well they do kind of deserve the halt, how many employees are going to be left without work/are already left with work again? They`re a billion dollar company, and while this will definitely go down as one of the worst retail screw ups in history, they`ll recover, eventually. I feel worse about the employees. 

Well they do kind of deserve the halt, how many employees are going to be left without work/are already left with work again? They`re a billion dollar company, and while this will definitely go down as one of the worst retail screw ups in history, they`ll recover, eventually. I feel worse about the employees.

Sounds like the landlords that are getting the short end of the stick are trying to recover as much money as possible. Really it depends on what Target had to forfeit to get out of the lease... You have to think the landlords have a reason to go for it.