Target Canada Closing all Stores

Sandwraith

One location that previously was out of stock of LEGO got a bunch of Arctic Base Camps (Cloverdale) :o Picked up 2. Must have found them in a case in the back or something, because there's no way these would have lived past 20-30 off.

Also managed to find 1 Milano and 2 X-Men scattered around Oakville's. Tri-Fighters and the Ninjago Target exclusives still sticking around this location.

• Like 1

One location that previously was out of stock of LEGO got a bunch of Arctic Base Camps (Cloverdale) :o Picked up 2. Must have found them in a case in the back or something, because there's no way these would have lived past 20-30 off.

Also managed to find 1 Milano and 2 X-Men scattered around Oakville's. Tri-Fighters and the Ninjago Target exclusives still sticking around this location.

I'm so jealous.....

My visit to Target at Angrignon mall in Montreal yesterday yield me nothing, even not a small bag of CMF!

Re-posting this here (From RFD) Chances are these stores won't be worth checking at this point:

CBC posted an article mentioning which stores will be closing in the next week. 

Closing on March 18:

-Stratford, Ont.
-Longueuil, Que.
-Edmonton (Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre)

Closing on March 22:

-Saint-Georges, Que.
-Fergus, Ont.
-Chatham-Kent, Ont.
-Smith Falls, Ont.
-Oshawa, Ont.
-Kitchener, Ont.
-Niagara Falls, Ont.
-Burlington, Ont. (2000 Appleby Line).
-Winnipeg (35 Lakewood Blvd.).
-Medicine Hat, Alta.
-Calgary (5115 17th Ave. SE).
-Chilliwack, B.C.
-Cranbrook, B.C.

Link to full article:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ta...week-1.2992063

Re-posting this here (From RFD) Chances are these stores won't be worth checking at this point:

CBC posted an article mentioning which stores will be closing in the next week. 

Closing on March 18:

-Stratford, Ont.

-Longueuil, Que.

-Edmonton (Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre)

Closing on March 22:

-Saint-Georges, Que.

-Fergus, Ont.

-Chatham-Kent, Ont.

-Smith Falls, Ont.

-Oshawa, Ont.

-Kitchener, Ont.

-Niagara Falls, Ont.

-Burlington, Ont. (2000 Appleby Line).

-Winnipeg (35 Lakewood Blvd.).

-Medicine Hat, Alta.

-Calgary (5115 17th Ave. SE).

-Chilliwack, B.C.

-Cranbrook, B.C.

Link to full article:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ta...week-1.2992063

It's kind of surprising about the one listed by me... It had the most stuff left of the 4 in my city. It is the smallest though and the only one that wasn't in a mall or next to a mall. Maybe it was one of the easier leases to let go of. It'll be interesting to see what stuff they move to the other stores - perhaps they'll find some random LEGO they never put out for us too! :)

Oh well.. my kids need new rubber boots, I'm hoping to find a good 50% off deal on some today. They had lots the last time I went.

i found a couple boxes of those poly bag things, they are marked at 3.99.  i think its 50 off... are they worth buying they looked kinda lame.

Polybag things? you mean the collectible minifigs in the green little packaging?

Can't really go wrong at 50 off those! Never found any myself.

If anyone finds some Lego at a Target at this point, well you are very lucky. 40% off was game changer around me - any remaining Chima was scooped up - and at 50% the stores really started to clear out of even the garbage toys and other items.

I'm sure a lot of these sets will pop up on Kijiji shortly. Even people that aren't regular resellers will grab this opportunity to make a quick buck.

I've seen a large increase in sealed boxes for sale... But not what I thought I'd see. Wonder if they're waiting for Target to really be gone first?

Went into the location by my work for lunch (Cloverdale) and man this was a happening place. I think this one is receiving stock from elsewhere as they had a whole section of the store with skids and skids of product. Most of it looked to be clothing They had 15 or so liquidation employees opening the boxes and putting them into carts for the Target Employees to put on the shelves. 

I went in just looking to see if they had any Minecraft plush toys, and i found the spider. I also found a %75 picked through CMF box. I'm no smoosher, but i figured i'd grab them anyways. %50 is still a good deal even if it's poor figs. No idea what i'll do with them though lol.

1 small City set and 2 Utapau(sp?) Troopers were the only LEGO i saw.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Went into the location by my work for lunch (Cloverdale) and man this was a happening place. I think this one is receiving stock from elsewhere as they had a whole section of the store with skids and skids of product. Most of it looked to be clothing They had 15 or so liquidation employees opening the boxes and putting them into carts for the Target Employees to put on the shelves. 

I went in just looking to see if they had any Minecraft plush toys, and i found the spider. I also found a %75 picked through CMF box. I'm no smoosher, but i figured i'd grab them anyways. %50 is still a good deal even if it's poor figs. No idea what i'll do with them though lol.

1 small City set and 2 Utapau(sp?) Troopers were the only LEGO i saw.

Lucky you to find some Lego left... I might take a drive on Thursday to the one furthest from me (it had the most left @40% off) just for kicks to see if they drop to 60% off. It wasn't on the to-be-closed list so I'm curious to see what's happening. I'm a sucker for snooping. :)

I bought some Star Wars Hot Wheels stuff at 40% off.. I'm thinking they could be valuable in the fall and if not, they'll make great adds to birthday gifts.

I'm a sucker for snooping.  :)

I bought some Star Wars Hot Wheels stuff at 40% off.. I'm thinking they could be valuable in the fall and if not, they'll make great adds to birthday gifts.

Snooping is the best part!

I've been eyeing that SW Hot Wheels combo pack with the 5-6 cars and the dirty Stormtrooper. Even if it isn't worth anything down the road; it's still pretty cool.

At this point i don't expect to find much LEGO of real value in the stores that aren't receiving stock. Cloverdale also had the stack of Arctic Base Camps last week that must have been brought in from elsewhere. So i'll stop by every now and then and see if i get lucky, who knows what else is in those mountains of unopened skids  :money:

Erin Mills Town Centre location has a bunch of Ninjago Destructoids left, and 1 or 2 City High Speed Chases. Was looking for a large lastic storage bin, but every single one I've gone to; all of the lids are gone and i can't match the bin with the lid, ugh.

I likely wont be making anymore purchases in Target, once i pay my Redcard off that will be it, and then a subsequent cancel of it.

I might stop by my local one closer to closing just for one last look/goodbye.

• 3 weeks later...

As of April 12th i believe all stores are now closed nationwide.

I stayed out of Target these past few weeks as it was getting increasingly busy and stock was seeming pretty crappy. I will certainly miss %70 off Lego.

RIP Target, i enjoyed our time together :(

As of April 12th i believe all stores are now closed nationwide.

I stayed out of Target these past few weeks as it was getting increasingly busy and stock was seeming pretty crappy. I will certainly miss %70 off Lego.

RIP Target, i enjoyed our time together :(

Amen. Consistently the best place to get 50% off lego while it was here. Its absence will probably mean less deals at places like Walmart.

• gregpj locked this topic
  • 9 months later...