Target Canada Closing all Stores

Sandwraith

I'm going to buy some Pokemon packs for my kids too if the price drops at least 30% or more.  Way too expensive at regular price.

About 6 months ago, Target had some good deals on the tins (30% off I think) but they don't usually go on sale anywhere. I only saw deals at TRU for their Canadian Black Friday event.

Not sure how into Pokemon your kids are but for anyone thinking... If you can find the Elite Trainer Box (it's a black box), the price might be scary but it has excellent cards for building real decks. The problem with the deck packs is that you have 1 deck, that's it... and the booster packs generally stink for adding energy and trainer/supporter cards.

Don't get me wrong, I think at 50% any of the boxes, tins or packs are a great deal. 20% off . nope, we've had better.

• Like 1

I decided to brave the cold and skip out of work. It was absolutely crazy.. What was left of Lego was decimated and people were stacking 10% toilet paper and paper towels in their carts only to wait in line with 100 other people.

^^ This is why I went first thing in the AM and got in and out fast.  grabbed a couple things and didn't have to wait in line to pay. 

^^ This is why I went first thing in the AM and got in and out fast.  grabbed a couple things and didn't have to wait in line to pay. 

Yeah .. between kids and school, wasn't happening. I might go back tomorrow to see what's changed, but definitely avoiding Saturday. No thanks, I'd rather pay full MSRP online.

Managed to get some Secret Dropships at their clearance price plus the 20 percent.

If possbile check out in electronics! Like 2 people in line there for me, vs hundreds wrapped around the store in the main line ><

The clerk was like: "ah so you found the secret to checking out quick and beating that terrible line" :P

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Just returned from a Target in Great Montreal Area, yeah, the parking lot is so full that it took me some time to find a place to park.

This store is heavily loaded with everything, including Legos. Seems either they have put quite some stuff in warehouse during previous clearance waves, or the close-store decision is really a surprise.

But the liquidation is a typical Target Canada trick IMO, at most 30% off and for Lego it is only 20% off! I even saw things only 10% off.

Btw I found some strange stuff on their shelves: things do not have bar code, don't know where these things come from.

Visited Alexis-Nihon, Versailles, Longueuil, Brossard, Candiac, St-Bruno, St-jean .. really they have nothing good left at 20% .. and not that many sets too.. so if you have a store with lots of sets I would like to know where in Montr

And news outlets are now reporting that customers are "disappointed" in the sales. The big signs say 30% off which apparently on apply to cosmetics and women's accessories. Everything else 10-20% off... Too bad, 30% off would be OK for some Lego sets we want for our collection.

Yeah, 10-20% off would be about the same as US prices. woohoo.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/fortney-targets-canada-invasion-ends-with-a-discounted-thud

I still can't believe how many people were filling up their carts with garbage at 10-20% off.

Although reading that article just shows how truly messed up Target was in Canada. And TRU and Walmart are taking full advantage.

This weeks TRU flyer shows 20% of of a whopping 4 lego sets, and I think three were Chima. Yay. Boo... Where is the 40% off Technic sale I'm waiting for?!?!

• Like 1

I still can't believe how many people were filling up their carts with garbage at 10-20% off.

Although reading that article just shows how truly messed up Target was in Canada. And TRU and Walmart are taking full advantage.

This weeks TRU flyer shows 20% of of a whopping 4 lego sets, and I think three were Chima. Yay. Boo... Where is the 40% off Technic sale I'm waiting for?!?!

Sales in general (at least in my area) have been non-existent. TRU's flyers for January and now the start of February have been painfully underwhelming. 

I didn't make it to my Target today but I will go tomorrow morning. With the Red Card 25% off a couple SW sets might be worth it for the personal collection, but not juicy enough to invest heavily in.

Remember the glorious time of 50% off Unexpected Gathering, Black Gate, Pirate Ship Ambush, Republic Gunship and Sail Barge. I miss those days.

• Like 2

20% off is like the regular LEGO deal at TRU plus at TRU you won`t have to deal with empty shelves and hundreds of people in line at checkout, so no thanks Target.I will check back in a few weeks. Shipping materials were 30% off though, might be a good deal when they mark them down further.

• Like 2

Sales in general (at least in my area) have been non-existent. TRU's flyers for January and now the start of February have been painfully underwhelming. 

I didn't make it to my Target today but I will go tomorrow morning. With the Red Card 25% off a couple SW sets might be worth it for the personal collection, but not juicy enough to invest heavily in.

Remember the glorious time of 50% off Unexpected Gathering, Black Gate, Pirate Ship Ambush, Republic Gunship and Sail Barge. I miss those days.

Target was such a dud that I barely went in there.  I can't believe I missed Unexpected Gathering at 50% off!!! lol......I really want that set but I find it hard to pay the resale price now that I know how much I could have bought it for.

Target was such a dud that I barely went in there.  I can't believe I missed Unexpected Gathering at 50% off!!! lol......I really want that set but I find it hard to pay the resale price now that I know how much I could have bought it for.

It may have been a dud, but it was an amazing (if not the best) place to get massively discounted Lego if you were active in looking!

I find all the negativity the media is showing towards the low discount kinda funny. They don't need to make the discount larger as seen by the massive lines, so why would they? People will buy at %10-20 off, so why not maximize profits? At some point product won't move at this price range, and people will stop coming in. So they up it after a while and the horde comes flying back in.

If i was liquidating my Lego stock or something, you'd bet your butt i'd start out as low as possible!

I'd certainly like it to go higher so i can grab all the Milano Spaceship sets floating around, but i'm not mad! I'd be doing the same in their shoes.

I'd certainly like it to go higher so i can grab all the Milano Spaceship sets floating around, but i'm not mad! I'd be doing the same in their shoes.

I'd probably buy all the GotG stock at 30% off plus Redcard. Sales on this line have been nonexistent around me and I could convince myself at that price point that the future would be bright by the second movie. 20% off plus RC is only good enough for my personal collection just in case they don't drop further.

I'd probably buy all the GotG stock at 30% off plus Redcard. Sales on this line have been nonexistent around me and I could convince myself at that price point that the future would be bright by the second movie. 20% off plus RC is only good enough for my personal collection just in case they don't drop further.

Likewise, have yet to see these on sale. Tempted even at %20.

It was the Target in Candiac at around 9:30 this morning.....

Well there was a few sets ..

most of the BIG Star Wars sets were there cause I brought them there last week ..purchased them from other stores and brought them in to get refund ..

Tried to stashed all the Destroyer and Walker at one place to make sure I could score if any real deal would go on for these! .. GUESS 20% was enough to miss the boat.. I left 10 Destroyers and 9 Walkers last week.. yesterday all were there .. this afternoon Destroyers were still there but only 1 Walker was on the shelf ! .. Glad I've helped out customers, Dads and Moms.. get their hands on 1 set.. boo to me who can't afford to buy at only 20% off .. or 25% even with the Red Card.. cause FOR real  with our 15% tax ..                    at the end it's only 10% off you get !....

It may have been a dud, but it was an amazing (if not the best) place to get massively discounted Lego if you were active in looking!

I find all the negativity the media is showing towards the low discount kinda funny. They don't need to make the discount larger as seen by the massive lines, so why would they? People will buy at %10-20 off, so why not maximize profits? At some point product won't move at this price range, and people will stop coming in. So they up it after a while and the horde comes flying back in.

If i was liquidating my Lego stock or something, you'd bet your butt i'd start out as low as possible!

I totally agree.  The liquidators are there to make money....of course, they are going to try to discount things as little as possible in the first round.  

I think if we were talking like 40 or 50% then I'd grab a bunch of stuff, even things I normally wouldn't bother with; just for parts.  We all know that there will be nothing left after the 20% window expires.  All we can do is pray that 2015 isn't the year that 20% is the deepest discounts available. (a voice deep down inside of me says lego sales will be scarce this year)

Visited Alexis-Nihon, Versailles, Longueuil, Brossard, Candiac, St-Bruno, St-jean .. really they have nothing good left at 20% .. and not that many sets too.. so if you have a store with lots of sets I would like to know where in Montr

Edited by Stragus
  • Like 1

Been to longueuil and cote-vertu. Not a lot of lego and only good deal was 2 boxes left of city police chase that was already discounted at 27$, minus the 20%.

Well you got this one wrong .. since the set your talking about has been wrongly TAGGED .. regular price show 39.99$ for 101 pieces .. when it should have been Priced at 24.99$ regular retail .. the set # is 60042 ... so

Even at 27$ - 20%     + when you add the tax 15% tax to it  you still have paid more then the regular price .. TARGET got the price wrong on this item at first, and never changed it