Target Canada Closing all Stores

Sandwraith

I like the part about unloading freight - hopefully some Lego sets are on those trucks!

I'm planning to go Thursday right after work. I know what stock they had last week that wasn't on sale...so hopefully a general 30% off Lego will net me some Guardians sets, Superheroes and SW. My store also had like 12 Romantic Castles...I'd be tempted at 30% to get some...at 50%, all.

I think Lego will make a price adjustment soon.

The same can be said for the ewok village,, all can be had in canada cheaper than getting them from the US.

They better not jack the price of the Ewok Village.   $300 CAD is already too bloody much for < 2000 pieces.   The main reason I don't already own one for my personal collection yet.

Everyone make sure you know what MSRP is on whatever it is you intend to buy! 

I've seen a couple reports of some items being priced higher than what Target used to have them at, just before they go on "sale". In terms of Lego in my area, there isn't much worth grabbing even if they do %25 (which i doubt they will for wave 1). 

Edit: Post above by Lego Rules seems to confirm it will happen, posted a couple minutes before i posted this.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

went to milton store at 8:05.  all lego was 20% off, but not marked as such.  Not that that is saying anything considering their lego section is so threadbare.  I picked up one set that rattled like a busted honda heat-shield.  not sure what was in it, but it wasn't sealed bags.  Most things of interest that were still on the shelves looked like someone was playing football with them in the aisles.  I hope the rest of you fare better at your usual stores!  On a side note I still couldn't bring myself to buy benny's spaceship.  even for 95$.  

went to milton store at 8:05.  all lego was 20% off, but not marked as such.  Not that that is saying anything considering their lego section is so threadbare.  I picked up one set that rattled like a busted honda heat-shield.  not sure what was in it, but it wasn't sealed bags.  Most things of interest that were still on the shelves looked like someone was playing football with them in the aisles.  I hope the rest of you fare better at your usual stores!  On a side note I still couldn't bring myself to buy benny's spaceship.  even for 95$.  

And they will likely sell out at %20 and people will think "Wow what a good deal!". These are the people who probably never shopped in Target and are unaware 30/50/70% off Lego was pretty common.

However to be fair; it has been pretty difficult even finding sets at %20 up here recently...

Gunna pop by after work, maybe grab a few pieces of clothing and whatnot, but yeah %20 isn't deep enough for non-exclusives imo.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

Just returned from a Target in Great Montreal Area, yeah, the parking lot is so full that it took me some time to find a place to park.

This store is heavily loaded with everything, including Legos. Seems either they have put quite some stuff in warehouse during previous clearance waves, or the close-store decision is really a surprise.

But the liquidation is a typical Target Canada trick IMO, at most 30% off and for Lego it is only 20% off! I even saw things only 10% off.

Btw I found some strange stuff on their shelves: things do not have bar code, don't know where these things come from.

• Like 1

Btw I found some strange stuff on their shelves: things do not have bar code, don't know where these things come from.

Now that the courts have approved the process, the liquidators are in charge of everything related to stock on the shelves.

The Liquidators try to pass off a bunch of other garbage they've purchased as stuff belonging to the company currently going out of business. It has probably been sitting in the back the last couple weeks just waiting to fill empty shelf space or replace much more valuable stuff on the shelves. They'll put everything at 20% off and see how much they can sell. Then move to 30-40-50 on stuff that is less likely to sell for more elsewhere... but anything that they can sell for good value elsewhere they'll remove and replace with this crap. At 70% you won't recognize the store, but the shelves will still be full.

At 20% off, all the Lego will probably sell out.

I was at my local target at 9am on my way home from work and the place was a complete zoo!

Parking lot was packed. As soon as I walked in the door I literally watched a lady throw her kid into a shopping cart.

I cant believe people are going this nuts for 10-20% off for the most part.

All the lego at my location was 20% off also, nothing worth grabbing but I agree everything will sell out at 20%

I was at my local target at 9am on my way home from work and the place was a complete zoo!

Parking lot was packed. As soon as I walked in the door I literally watched a lady throw her kid into a shopping cart.

I cant believe people are going this nuts for 10-20% off for the most part.

All the lego at my location was 20% off also, nothing worth grabbing but I agree everything will sell out at 20%

Are people not working today for 20% off? That's just ridiculous.... I've resisted the temptation to drive to my nearest one. I might go just for kicks and to ram a few shopping carts for the great deals. :aggressive:

How about Cinderella' Castle?  Will you buy at 20% off?

My co-worker was very excited when she knew Target would start sale on Thu and she thought she could find deal!!!  I think lot of people just like my co-worker and they will clear most items out.

I'm not even going to bother with walking into a Target to scan the LEGO. When you guys report back that discounts are close to 50% and there is still stock to be found, then I may venture out, lol!

And news outlets are now reporting that customers are "disappointed" in the sales. The big signs say 30% off which apparently on apply to cosmetics and women's accessories. Everything else 10-20% off... Too bad, 30% off would be OK for some Lego sets we want for our collection.

I decided to scan a few things at my Target and made a discovery. The things that had already been on clearance - Lego Movie sets, mostly - are now 20% off the clearance price (unmarked). I got a Police Dropship for my kids for $60 (regular $99). Not great for investment sets, since most of those were likely gone long ago, but worth knowing for parter-outers and people looking for sets to build.

Edited by maryjmeg

I decided to scan a few things at my Target and made a discovery. The things that had already been on clearance - Lego Movie sets, mostly - are now 20% off the clearance price (unmarked). I got a Police Dropship for my kids for $60 (regular $99). Not great for investment sets, since most of those were likely gone long ago, but worth knowing for parter-outers and people looking for sets to build.

I decided to brave the cold and skip out of work. It was absolutely crazy.. What was left of Lego was decimated and people were stacking 10% toilet paper and paper towels in their carts only to wait in line with 100 other people.

I walked around for a bit, had a good chuckle, and walked out.

The one I've been quietly eyeing is the Pokemon card packs. Looked relatively untouched so far. I'll buy it all at 50% off if I can.

I decided to brave the cold and skip out of work. It was absolutely crazy.. What was left of Lego was decimated and people were stacking 10% toilet paper and paper towels in their carts only to wait in line with 100 other people.

I walked around for a bit, had a good chuckle, and walked out.

The one I've been quietly eyeing is the Pokemon card packs. Looked relatively untouched so far. I'll buy it all at 50% off if I can.

I'm going to buy some Pokemon packs for my kids too if the price drops at least 30% or more.  Way too expensive at regular price.