10249 - Winter Toy Shop

TheDarkness

I am still deciding of I should even get any for qf or just wait until next year. I don't see this rehash being as popular as Santa was last year. 

What if this is a one year deal?  In the FBTB post about Lego and your collection someone posted a comment about the reason for the re-release.  I don't know if there is any validity to it either way, but it is interesting and if this was a "last minute" fill in will they keep it around for two years?

I fully believe they re-release toy shop due to a lack of resources.  We have seen many indications over the past few months that LEGO is in over its head and can not keep up (production not able to keep up with JW, Modulars, UCS, design issues like Wall-e and Xwing, printing issues).  

The big question in terms of WV is what sticks around next year?  do we get the new set? another round of SW? more Toy Shops?  I suspect a 2nd year of Toy Shop is the least likely of the 3, but all are plausible and we could see all 3 happen.

Edited by jay4e

As a collector of the Christmas village sets, I'm rather disappointed in the re-release of this set. I'm always looking forward to the new Christmas set each year, and I see no reason to add a duplicate set to my village. Here's hoping that this doesn't sell well so it goes up in value, and so LEGO gets the message that collectors want something new. Although I can see them just killing the line altogether if it doesn't sell well...

I've been thinking it won't stay...

Well either that post was true or a whole pile of hooey. I don't see how they turned it around that fast to update their marketing material.

http://e.lego.com/pub/sf/FormLink?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlTQGiUeyPzehzcOaTzeUUorzeeEhKmNoFU2sJ5lsN67hHsMFXBqolJVXMtX%3DYQpglLjHJlTQGhzdGuzcqhy3W4SqUigOJzgPtoP0gCS3yv8lkjzf1J80nNKuGpR&_ei_=EsmIlJ_fNn2bF3jYKAac10migRpLh2hn5AZApir9UKQBBzVVKsRhF8p-h7eDkYbSDt0j2BHAD-qQoTMvOymhta3kMXdpgDg42ZI8UN0Re7BGjtTT_zFIpT687x7qAnAhrFfgXWWP1eiyy5Z2GpPCUfKCcYddbed7tKI2ZxI7aCE_xxJ_TnU9s6OJZQsxsIe6HybPgUtmMzWDgRd-LFvxRetKfk6YplGTHH0QWXhl9qXLxhe0mf69XvACPngYw4-qjQTWd1jr21T2jomclvkAC70MlU5ZTv1ipC_4dBEED4Yx8lzsz97JkgHP0Rs9XRN3Q7pfE2-tVm52oQA5z-nPdaW0b3gekxzpfZ0yuXAeBCNI_tr0YhMKTmXvy_cB.

"Build Holiday Cheer" and "Gather the family for festive LEGO® building fun!" tell me it was a pile of hooey in that post and LEGO knows exactly what they are doing here. Easy money to re-release a small set that in all likelihood will please a larger portion of the LEGO fans than turn away.

• Like 1

Well either that post was true or a whole pile of hooey. I don't see how they turned it around that fast to update their marketing material.

http://e.lego.com/pub/sf/FormLink?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlTQGiUeyPzehzcOaTzeUUorzeeEhKmNoFU2sJ5lsN67hHsMFXBqolJVXMtX%3DYQpglLjHJlTQGhzdGuzcqhy3W4SqUigOJzgPtoP0gCS3yv8lkjzf1J80nNKuGpR&_ei_=EsmIlJ_fNn2bF3jYKAac10migRpLh2hn5AZApir9UKQBBzVVKsRhF8p-h7eDkYbSDt0j2BHAD-qQoTMvOymhta3kMXdpgDg42ZI8UN0Re7BGjtTT_zFIpT687x7qAnAhrFfgXWWP1eiyy5Z2GpPCUfKCcYddbed7tKI2ZxI7aCE_xxJ_TnU9s6OJZQsxsIe6HybPgUtmMzWDgRd-LFvxRetKfk6YplGTHH0QWXhl9qXLxhe0mf69XvACPngYw4-qjQTWd1jr21T2jomclvkAC70MlU5ZTv1ipC_4dBEED4Yx8lzsz97JkgHP0Rs9XRN3Q7pfE2-tVm52oQA5z-nPdaW0b3gekxzpfZ0yuXAeBCNI_tr0YhMKTmXvy_cB.

"Build Holiday Cheer" and "Gather the family for festive LEGO® building fun!" tell me it was a pile of hooey in that post and LEGO knows exactly what they are doing here. Easy money to re-release a small set that in all likelihood will please a larger portion of the LEGO fans than turn away.

Lego pity the fools!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnKm6ftPu0

Edited by valenciaeric

I would not buy this set for investment purposes at this point.

But it comes with a brick separator!

Here's a good photo comparison - 10199 on top, 10249 below:

10199-1.thumb.jpg.9c37fc03462befa5abdefe10249-1.thumb.jpg.906853f5bf853e30fba0bb

** Edit... new one comes with a brick separator... Well that does it, new set for the win!! **

I'll probably buy two... one for us, one just for the risk. We are still missing the bakery so hopefully that one is re-released next year!! :devil:

• Like 1