76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

We were talking about the disappointment that no one opened and build the helicarrier yet and no one posted any pictures yet.

Might be a telltale about the interest in this set...

I honestly doubt this thing will sell at $350 and it's 100% gone w/in 2 years. The vehicle just isn't popular enough to be a UCS set let alone retail for $350.

Maybe Lego thought the same about early interest since it's already sold-out with a 2 week delay. Who knows...

Yeah, well you aren't in a coastal state like some of us :)

It's brutal now.

Furthermore, it's had to predict postage cost (for sets over 4 lbs) like before since you might have 1 box ready to mail and then you end up needing to use a larger one for some reason.

I know you're pain. Obviously, the only easy way to do this is to assume worst case scenario zone 8 via usps.

I would suggest not judging the lack of pics & building.  It is like building a death star and takes a little bit of time.

I'm busy with sales, paperwork, taxes and do not have the time to devote to it even with being at home.

I am bullish on this set.  Especially when Avengers 2 hits theaters whether it is in it or not.

That being said I am not bullish on it as a reseller but as a fan and that I think it will do great.

Just my opinion though.

I would suggest not judging the lack of pics & building. It is like building a death star and takes a little bit of time.

I'm busy with sales, paperwork, taxes and do not have the time to devote to it even with being at home.

I am bullish on this set. Especially when Avengers 2 hits theaters whether it is in it or not.

That being said I am not bullish on it as a reseller but as a fan and that I think it will do great.

Just my opinion though.

Even when jaisonline built 10179 he'd show pics every so often with it's bra off.

• Like 1

I'm agreeing with JANGBRICKS. I wish they would have taken out the details of the interior control room and the whole mechanical moving rotors and put more detail in the outside of this thing. I know LEGO is trying to appeal to kids as well but the simple fact is this thing is too big to really be played with. He also pointed out how flimsy the bow is. Kids will break that in a heartbeat. I would guess 99% of buyers are going to build this thing and stick it on a shelf, and it would have been nice to have more minute details and texture on the exterior (think SSD). If only LEGO would design things specifically for me then my world would be a much better place :)

This clown stole my pictures for his heli auction. You would think to steal a pic of a set not sitting on a pac man machine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-76042-Marvel-Avengers-Sheild-Helicarrier-IN-HAND-READY-TO-SHIP-/261784082073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf38c1699

Lol! If that happened to me I'm not sure If Id be flattered or irritated :/

Looks like a reportable item to me.

I did. Ebay always takes so long on that stuff. 

Staying on topic, had a heli on ebay since Wed for $479 shipped. Most sales have gone between 415-440. If your thinking of qfll there is not much to be made for now. I do have 7 watchers and am offering global shipping (thru ebay)

I did. Ebay always takes so long on that stuff.

Staying on topic, had a heli on ebay since Wed for $479 shipped. Most sales have gone between 415-440. If your thinking of qfll there is not much to be made for now. I do have 7 watchers and am offering global shipping (thru ebay)

I would send that dude a message asking him why he is using your pics and have him pay you a royalty...

Sent from my SM-N915T using Brickpicker mobile app

So i just shipped one of these. Box weighed 15.9 pounds 27x21x9.5. Cost $13 (with ebay discount) to ship from NC to Kentucky (global shipping).

Buyer from China. As a flip this flopped for me. I broke even after fees so just ended up with vip and cc points. I did much better with Simpson houses and Slaves when they were new. I don't follow super hero stuff at all so it was a bit of an experiment. 

Alright this is it for the night.  Through all the bag 3's about to start on 4 tomorrow.  Page 135 out of 440.  So far about 3 hours.  I did bags 1 and 3 (3 is heavy on technic and gears at the end).  My daughter did bag 2.

Very sturdy.  Everything so far has interlocked with something with some double interlocking.  

The control room is TINY!!!  

All gears were a go as well which made me happy after the Shuttle wing mishap.

post-40002-0-21640200-1425186673_thumb.j

post-40002-0-32212900-1425186676_thumb.j

post-40002-0-13358500-1425186679_thumb.j

post-40002-0-27714500-1425186681_thumb.j

post-40002-0-87165900-1425186682_thumb.j

post-40002-0-84020600-1425186684_thumb.j

• Like 7