76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

Mine arrived this morning.  The box is ridiculous.  Good luck selling this thing on Ebay and the offering free shipping.

Free shipping doesn't really skew the cost of business much more if you build it into the price correctly.  Always play it on the high side and then reap the rewards if someone buys the item in the same zone as you.  It also gives you more room to work with if you have "Best Offer" enabled.  If they are in the same zone as you, it gives you more wiggle room to negotiate.

• Like 4

I'm very disappointed nobody has posted a pic of this thing together at their home yet? :(

Mine just arrived today.  I would be working on it, but the one I ordered is a birthday present from my wife.  She hasn't even had the decency to wrap it.  She has left me to stare at the box and wait a few more weeks.

• Like 1

Free shipping doesn't really skew the cost of business much more if you build it into the price correctly.  Always play it on the high side and then reap the rewards if someone buys the item in the same zone as you.  It also gives you more room to work with if you have "Best Offer" enabled.  If they are in the same zone as you, it gives you more wiggle room to negotiate.

Free postage is about to become a thing of the post I think thanks to dimensional postage. A $200 set can easily cost $35 to ship now vs $20 last year.

plenty brave, just don't have time at the moment, hopefully finishing Imperial Shuttle tonight and tomorrow, just had an issue on a wing gear that I have to figure out.

Its been taunting me all week

Did you build one gear box backwards? The instructions aren't 100% clear and that's what I did. One gear box was going up and one going down. Luckily I was able to fix without too much demolition - but I was waaaay past the easy fix stage.

Not me, it's too advantageous from a buyer standpoint and I'm will to eat a few $$$ now and again.

Yeah, well you aren't in a coastal state like some of us :)

It's brutal now.

Furthermore, it's had to predict postage cost (for sets over 4 lbs) like before since you might have 1 box ready to mail and then you end up needing to use a larger one for some reason.

Hard to do since the coast to coast $ variance is far greater than last year. Sucks really. My free postage days are done unless it's under 3 pounds (usps priority)

I'm fortunate that being in the middle I think the most I go is 2 zones.  Problem is I rarely ship to my zone as most of my sales go to the coasts.

It's brutal now.

Furthermore, it's had to predict postage cost (for sets over 4 lbs) like before since you might have 1 box ready to mail and then you end up needing to use a larger one for some reason.

...but I am lucky your state is in the same zone as me.  I sell quite a bit to the land of Ja.

Did you build one gear box backwards? The instructions aren't 100% clear and that's what I did. One gear box was going up and one going down. Luckily I was able to fix without too much demolition - but I was waaaay past the easy fix stage.

I am assuming so.  Same here, just got to where I start the wings and would test it and one side is ok and the other side one goes up and one goes down.

What was the easiest way to correct?  As far as deconstructing to get in there?  I stayed away from it Thu and Fri just pondering what would be the easiest fix lol

It's brutal now.

good news now is you can priority mail a lot of the larger sets in your close zones for $10-13.  So in essence as long as they even out in the long run it takes the sting out of it.

Strange when you can send a SSD type package to Ohio for $10-12 yet sending a ToO out west is $25-30 with the dimensional charge

I still leave it all free as it does seem to balance out to what I have mentally figured in to the cost.

• Like 2

good news now is you can priority mail a lot of the larger sets in your close zones for $10-13.  So in essence as long as they even out in the long run it takes the sting out of it.

Strange when you can send a SSD type package to Ohio for $10-12 yet sending a ToO out west is $25-30 with the dimensional charge

I still leave it all free as it does seem to balance out to what I have mentally figured in to the cost.

This is pretty much my feeling on it too.

I am assuming so. Same here, just got to where I start the wings and would test it and one side is ok and the other side one goes up and one goes down.

What was the easiest way to correct? As far as deconstructing to get in there? I stayed away from it Thu and Fri just pondering what would be the easiest fix lol

I literally just pulled off big chunks of the side until I could get at the gearbox. If I remember correctly it took at least a half hour. I think I mixed up both sides though. :)

Just dive in!

• Like 1

I literally just pulled off big chunks of the side until I could get at the gearbox. If I remember correctly it took at least a half hour. I think I mixed up both sides though. :)

Just dive in!

Mine stays beautiful in the box to admire, no problems here. LOL.

By the way I keep all my shipping free.  It is a big advantage on buyers buying from what I have experienced and I look at shipments to one state away and say hey extra margin and I look at ones to WA state and I think oh well I hope they enjoy it.  I will not be changing the free shipping and the impact has not been enough for me to change my pricing levels.

If I buy now:

23E for the Winter Soldier on E-bay

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Lego-Winter-Soldier-Polybag-Marvel-Super-Heroes-5002943-/161607431541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a08db575

VIP = 5% off = 17.5E

Demolition polybag = 3E

306.5E net...

If I wait 2x VIP (-10%)

= 315E

Maybe I should sit it out and wait for a steeper reduction?

If I buy now:

23E for the Winter Soldier on E-bay

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Lego-Winter-Soldier-Polybag-Marvel-Super-Heroes-5002943-/161607431541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a08db575

VIP = 5% off = 17.5E

Demolition polybag = 3E

306.5E net...

If I wait 2x VIP (-10%)

= 315E

Maybe I should sit it out and wait for a steeper reduction?

This set is more than awesome! And as much as I would like to buy one right now. Even with the extra wintersoldier. I think there are more urgent sets to acquire now. So I will wait and concentrate on the other exclusives. I hate to admit it. But I cannot afford one right now.

• Like 1