76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

I watched the video twice yesterday. Honestly, that doesn't look like a Helicarrier. Maybe I need a better pic for my eyes.

Thought Ed said the era of SSD sized sets is at end?

I don't think those were my exact words.  There can always be one or two large sets.  I think boxes are shrinking.  Overall, I think there is a shift to smaller sets.  At $349, it would be smaller than the SSD, but I'm sure LEGO will keep their options open for a few special sets...like a Millennium Falcon remake.  

Cool. This would be money in the bank for sure.

Would this be the first big licensed UCS outside of Star Wars and Batman?

I would be careful of the UCS designation at this point. Everyone thought the Tumbler was a UCS set. I would like to see LEGO expand that theme though. It's my favorite.

I would be careful of the UCS designation at this point. Everyone thought the Tumbler was a UCS set. I would like to see LEGO expand that theme though. It's my favorite.

The Tumbler is an UCS, whether it has the designation or not. Neither SSD or the Imperial Shuttle has it. In fact LEGO began to label the new SW exclusives "UCS" again because so many people were referring to them like that. 

Any unplayable, detailed big vehicle sets are UCS to me, whether LEGO cares to use the label or not. The Tumbler qualifies.

• Like 1

No idea but I dumped all mine. Take the double money and get out as that one was always going to stall IMO.

Too late for that. I have two left and the value is dropping by the day. This has taught me you have to sell when the iron is hot. Timing is very important. And with the 6868 and 6866 I waited too long. All I can do now is dump them, like you said. Or hope for better returns in two years when they became more scarce.

Too late for that. I have two left and the value is dropping by the day. This has taught me you have to sell when the iron is hot. Timing is very important. And with the 6868 and 6866 I waited too long. All I can do now is dump them, like you said. Or hope for better returns in two years when they became more scarce.

I kept one of each, just because.

I wonder if this will have a bunch of mini figs like AA or just 1-2 like the Tumbler.

My guess is that they would have a bunch to make it worth the 349 price tag. My guesses for would be Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki, and Nick Fury since they disappeared from current Marvel sets. If the Ironman sets are EOL, then I'd expect a new Iron Man variant for this set. New characters that would be cool to see would be Quicksilver, Red Witch, and the Vision.

If they are going to bank on the new Avengers movie, I wonder if Lego will make an Asguard set. That would be cool to have a mix of castle and super hero elements in a set.

I think Lego will be busy in 2015 in the Marvel department with the Avengers and GOTG movie. Between the new Justice League sets and this, my wallet will be thin. 2015 may be the year that Marvel outdoes DC.