76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

they are following Tumbler path... Wonder if they going to put good old "oh, man, in year 2015 you can find it in Lego stores, maybe... if you do a secret knock and bring a proof that your are not Mr. Reese Sellar"

The under-employed community has a huge opportunity to make some easy cash if this policy continues.

Homeless Gentleman to Lego Employee: I'll take a Helli,.......a helli, (looks over shoulder to brickpicker hiding behind the mall pretzel cart) HEY WHATS THAT THING CALLED?

homeless-signs-26.jpg

Ordered it early this morning, then got an email saying it was backordered until March 12.  Called the Braintree store and they had plenty.  Picked one up and cancelled the back order. 

I ordered the light and motor kits.  Are those built in to the build or can you add them later?  How long is the build time on this?  How are people going to display these?  Sorry for so many questions.

Ordered it early this morning, then got an email saying it was backordered until March 12. Called the Braintree store and they had plenty. Picked one up and cancelled the back order.

I ordered the light and motor kits. Are those built in to the build or can you add them later? How long is the build time on this? How are people going to display these? Sorry for so many questions.

A few answers:

1) You can very easily add them after you completed the build.

2) Considering the Sandcrawler took about 8-9 hours for me, I'ld expect about the same, if not more so. That is, if you want to perfect every 1x1 trans-light blue plate's place.

3) Not that interested in the set, not a huge Marvel fan, or Superhero fan in general.

4) It's fine! :)

http://brickset.com/article/14250/helicarrier-now-available-in-europe-with-free-winter-soldier-minifig

Ouch for all those in NA who ordered. I'm still on the fence.... I still haven't built my SSD since I have nowhere to display it and have been contemplating dismantling my MKII... so I haven't ordered one.

From the European site:

Winter Soldier Minifigure (5002943) available for VIP Members in North America at a later date.

Has anyone gotten their fedex status on the Helicarrier from LEGO Shop at Home to be more than label created. My order is complete but no status updates.

Orders from LEGO Shop at Home that have shipped the 17th and 18th I have had multiple orders with the Helicarrier first and none have a tracking update.

They must be filling up tractor trailers for fedex to scan with a backlog...

Wanted to build this weekend... Not happening.

Has anyone gotten their fedex status on the Helicarrier from LEGO Shop at Home to be more than label created. My order is complete but no status updates.

Orders from LEGO Shop at Home that have shipped the 17th and 18th I have had multiple orders with the Helicarrier first and none have a tracking update.

They must be filling up tractor trailers for fedex to scan with a backlog...

Wanted to build this weekend... Not happening.

Yes, mine will be here tomorrow :)

Just took a look at the heli carrier's box and I have to say: Man, this box is MASSIVE - in a bad way, I mean. Because I actually was about to put this set onto my investment list - until seeing the monstrous box today, which made me decide differently. Anyone with limited space might think about this. I don't know for sure but the box could be as big as the death star's. Sydney Opera House and the Sandcrawler are also taking away too much space in my opinion. This is of course highly personal opinion. And also, in my case, I fundamentally dislike boxes you cannot grasp with one hand (if you have to). Of course sometimes you simply have to overcome your "box emotions" and just invest the hell - which I fortunately did with 5x SSD.

Would be interesting to hear if other members also consider certain psychic/emotional/other-than-rational aspects when deciding about whether to invest in a set or not.

I think many people are scared to open this big boy with such a high purchase price. I am sure many people are still recovering from the buying frenzy at the end of last year.

Including myself.

The last 3-5 months of retail should mimic 10221 but on a smaller scale as Avengers / Helicarrier is still nowhere as globally popular as Star Wars.