76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

Wow this brings tears to my eyes.  This quick and almost a month out with the stores not restocking soon and having limited quantity to begin with.

I bought two today both with full power motor light functions.  I am an Avengers nut (watching movie right now for the 800th time or something like that) and as you know they say I was planning for my Helicarrier to Assemble as Avengers do.  One to assemble and one to admire sealed.

If it becomes desired to much too fast I may have to sell these instead and buy them back later...

But I do really want to build one as a fan and not be a reseller for a minute...

I thought this set would be readily available for at least the first three months... Wow, was I wrong!

Is it too late to buy now for when the March 12 date sells out?

Also, I am sure this has come up before, but does anyone ever think that TLG ever limits the first sales waves of sets like this to make them "sell out" faster than the demand and supply curve would suggest (i.e artificially increasing demand by limiting first wave supply).

I wish I would have bought more to invest but at $350 a piece I just did not want to speculate buying a 10 pack of them LOL

Ask raven he knows I like to work in 10's ROFL

Yeah these are a tough flip even if sold out. Gotta get 500 to make 50ish. Damage box would get you a 100 but unfortunately its the better box. Need the high gloss soft box like tumbler sea cow or simpsons to see more damages.

And yes trek loves 10 packs lol

It is gorgeous. However after having a moment with just me, the box and the store manager, I had to walk away from it. Was thinking of quick flipping but after tax I would be in it at $385.

The box is gigantic, there are listings on eBay for $450 and below, after $5 on packaging, $25 min on postage and insurance, $58.50 on PayPal fees and eBay fees I would be netting a negative profit.

More importantly I would have just decided to keep it, my wife would kill me as I just bricklinked a 10179 and ebayed a UCS imperial shuttle and ewok ucs.

The store had sold 8 out of 10 today and doesn't expect a refill anytime soon. Good luck guys.

How are people able to list at $450 and still turn a profit after fees considering 349.99 is the lowest US pricing with no tax?

I thought this set would be readily available for at least the first three months... Wow, was I wrong!

Is it too late to buy now for when the March 12 date sells out?

Also, I am sure this has come up before, but does anyone ever think that TLG ever limits the first sales waves of sets like this to make them "sell out" faster than the demand and supply curve would suggest (i.e artificially increasing demand by limiting first wave supply).

Something is up with Lego. We could perhaps argue that it would be hard to foresee the demand for RI... but the same limited availability on The Tumbler last year (plus hard limits), scarcity of Slave I and DO last month, and now this... I firmly believe there is much more to it all than meets the eye.

• Like 2

Something is up with Lego. We could perhaps argue that it would be hard to foresee the demand for RI... but the same limited availability on The Tumbler last year (plus hard limits), scarcity of Slave I and DO last month, and now this... I firmly believe there is much more to it all than meets the eye.

you must be a Transformers fan too. :)

Quick flipping this monster is out of the question for me. Shipping would kill any profit and eBay/paypal fees would eat into any profits even further. Selling local is best but lots of tight wads in the islands.

Best bet is a very long term hold and hoping it will reach close to $700-$1000 to realize good money.

Edited by jaylay

you must be a Transformers fan too. :)

Not so much (just wasn't my thing when young) - I just like to throw around catchy phrases I know I've heard somewhere before. :P

However, many people here obviously see Lego as a sexy yellow corvette to catch a sweet ride on while I'm convinced there is a highly advanced intelligent machine "laying low" and (somewhat clumsily) orchestrating much to its own advantage.

Plain old inability to deal with insane demand.  There's only so much product they can make, and the logistics of creating a Helicarier are complicated.

My online order has been in warehouse since yesterday afternoon with no shipping confirm.  Good job Trek for getting one shipped.

Plain old inability to deal with insane demand.  There's only so much product they can make, and the logistics of creating a Helicarier are complicated.

My online order has been in warehouse since yesterday afternoon with no shipping confirm.  Good job Trek for getting one shipped.

I just found out it was something else... So mine and it looks like no helicarriers have shipped.

If that makes anyone feel better or worse...

they are following Tumbler path... Wonder if they going to put good old "oh, man, in year 2015 you can find it in Lego stores, maybe... if you do a secret knock and bring a proof that your are not Mr. Reese Sellar"

Word.  I almost put this looks like the Tumbler all over again and did not.  I agree with you completely.